Oliver + S

your wish list

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 391 total)
  • LINK
    rastis @rastis

i’m confused… which peasant top are you talking about? the one i suggested? the boy-ish one or the square neck one? or none of the ones i suggested? πŸ˜€

LINK
    onehappymamma @onehappymamma

How about a robe? I would love to see that. πŸ™‚

LINK
    Jerney @Jerney

I guess this would be more for the Lisette line, since it is an adult item, but I would love to see a simple pencil skirt with a lining and a hidden zipper. This is something that could really change with the fabric choice and could be a great go-to basic. I’d make a whole bunch of them. My skills are not up to par to be able to make blouses that I can wear to work (they still have a homemade feel to them, some details are off) but I think I could manage skirts that work well for the office if I used smart fabric choices and paired them with sharp blouses or sweaters.

For kids–I’d like to echo the idea of a skort that I read about above. My little girl (age 2) looks darling in skirts but I hesitate to send her to pre-school in them because I think it limits how she plays. I think this will just get more pronounced as she gets older and more self-conscious. Even now we put some short bike shorts on under her skirts so she can swing and climb without worrying about her skirt flying up. A skort would be a great solution! Since we live in Arizona this could be a year-round basic.

My 4-year-old son would love for me to make him some clothes, but he thinks many of the patterns out there end up looking too ‘girly.’ He would like to have something that is a bit more masculine. Of course, I want him to be comfortable to play in his clothes, so there is quite a challenge!

I am enjoying the quality and creativity of the Oliver + S patterns!

LINK
    anoushkamae @anoushkamae

Dear Lisl

I would love a wrap dress pattern….that would be wonderful.

Best

Anoushkamae

LINK
    yellow_blue @yellow_blue

what I wish for is…. more button down shirts as well as “kurtas” for girls and boys and a dress that is fully lined. I am fairly new to sewing but you have opened a whole world for me, and what I would like to make for my daughter in the future is a traditional dress in silk (a short top and a long skirt like thing) but in silk, but have no idea how to line. So yes, maybe something along those lines?

Thank you for asking us, and the beautiful lovely patterns. i do wish you come to India one day to work with all the lovely fabric we have here.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

A robe would be a nice compliment to a pajama pattern. My mother was shopping for robes and pjs for the kids for Christmas and we realized that it can be hard to find nice ones rtw. So many things are out of polyester. There are so many designer flannels out there that it wouldn’t be hard to whip some up with a nice pattern.

LINK
    Violaisabelle @Violaisabelle

Due to the government regulations for chidlren’s sleepwear and fire hazards, you will not find robes/housecoats out of natural fibers, unless they have been chemically treated. Actually, I am not sure they even allow natural fibers that have been chemically treated any more, not sure on that one. The regulations are pretty stringent.

Having a robe pattern that one can make out of natural fibers is a nice idea. I have made my children housecoats out of cotton terry fabric for the past 20+ years. πŸ™‚

Carol

LINK
    emstone @emstone

I am so excited for the skort pattern I can hardly stand it. I know it will be a staple at our house with 2 little girls that love to play outside. Now I won’t have to worry about sending them to school in a skirt and there being issues. Thanks!

LINK
    wendy @wendyls

I’d love to see more accessories. A newsboy style hat, kiddie hunter style cap with ear flaps, soft soled shoes or slippers suitable for felted wool. A hanging pocket organizer for toys and stuffies. I want More Little Things To Sew! I’m really enjoying the first one. But I’d be very into a pattern that had an assortment of hats.

It would also be great to explore knits with the excellent Oliver + S instructions.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I was just looking at the lisette continental top and the passport jacket and thinking that I would really like a long coat/jacket (length of the oliver and S school day coat or even longer, maybe mid thigh to knee length) but with more shape (maybe princess seams). I find it really hard to find a well fitting jacket, coat or jumper(sweat shirt not dress) so it could be great to sew one.

Anoushkamae mentioned a wrap dress a few post above, I would love one of these also in the adult size, it would be espicailly useful if it had multiple lengths (tunic and dress length and maybe blouse and ankle length as well).

The Oliver and S boys patterns are great and I look forward to seeing more.

Thank you

P.S. is there a forum post like this in the Lisette forum? I looked but could not find one so i put it here.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Why don’t you start a post? You are welcome too and I am sure it would be popular.

LINK

A boys/unisex pants/trouser pattern for wovens in the larger size (going up to 12 or higher if possible). I am just making my first sandbox pants (size 6) and relised that there were no boys pants patterns in size 10 & 12 for wovens (only for knits, nature walk pants).

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

With love Heidi, there is the sketchbook shirt and shorts that can easily be lengthen to make into trousers and they go to a 12. But I do know what you mean, another pants pattern with larger sizes would be great.

LINK

Thanks for the tip about the sketchbook. I have seen motherof5’s lovely sketchbook jeans.

LINK
    krissymae @krissymae

I am new to the discussion board and I stumbled upon this thread. I guess I would love to see a cute pattern for a pea coat. I haven’t been able to find one and I would love to make one for my kids.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 391 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.