Oliver + S

your wish list

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 391 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

A new jacket pattern for girls please!

LINK
    onehappymamma @onehappymamma

A polo shirt with tennis tails and cargo shorts sounds great! I can totally see me making tons for my boy and my girls too.

Also, I like the idea of underthings- camis, tees, etc. 🙂

LINK
    Anonymous @

skorts!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Yes, a girls’ jacket!!! Or even a unisex/demin style jacket going up to size 12!

Thanks for finding this thread for me, Nicole!

And I’ll second the polo shirt/cargo suggestion too 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Please can there be some larger sizes – maybe to a 14? Maybe bring out larger sizes for some of the patterns that only go to a size 8? I love the sailboat skirt and top but haven’t got it because it is the wrong size. I know it sounds rediculous but it is great for the taller children so that we can use the length of the pattern and cater for the stick figure width also.

Maybe a dress with a short jacket pattern?

Cargos would be great!!!

Skorts I second as we use them in our school uniform.

Maybe a casual unisex jacket or a blazer type jacket

Balloon skirt? I know you did a dress but it could be handy for older girls this one.

Jeans?? Leggings?

Polo shirt and the tennis idea sounds fun.

What every the case I’m quite in love with the current range of patterns so what ever comes next will be fantastic I’m sure.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I believe this is the thread you are looking for Rastis.

Have fun reading!

LINK
    rastis @rastis

oh brilliant! thanks so much 🙂

LINK
    wendy @wendyls

I’d love to see a pattern for unisex knickers. Not the underwear but the knee length pants with the option of a button or tie closure at the knee. Something that could be either more tailored looking in a nice linen or twill (for example) or flouncy and girly in a light feathery fabric. I was thinking of trying to lengthen the Puppet Show shorts in order to try this. I love the look, either paired with a smart blouse or dressed down with a t-shirt.

Also, a new coat. I’d love to see an Oliver + S take on the classic pea coat.

LINK
    dkbnyc @dkbnyc

i saw this mentioned earlier, but i would like a square neck something for girls. Maybe a simple dress that works just as well in a tunic length. I really like the looks of some of the french/japanese patterns. They are so simple in their design i am sure Leisl could put her twist on one.

(My girls are soon to be 4 and 7 and i dont like overly girly. Ice cream dress is one of my favorites and i am in the middle of the Jump Rope dress (vers B) now)

LINK
    rastis @rastis

just in case anyone thought i meant big poofy sleeve pirate/peasant (costumey clothes- which i don’t) on the boy’s shirt, i thought i’d clarify a little more what i meant… I’ve seen Japanese patterns do designs like this but not many conventional patterns and I reckon liesl could do a ripper version…

what i’m thinking is a boy-ish version of the style of shirt in “Stlyish Girl’s clothes- view H” although that pattern is a little girly with poofy sleeves

you can see what I mean here (not sure if that link will work)

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=stylish+girl%27s+clothes+book+sewing+H&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&qscrl=1&nord=1&rlz=1T4SUNC_enAU394AU395&biw=1786&bih=1198&tbm=isch&tbnid=pyAdnNY973iC-M:&imgrefurl=http://cgi.ebay.com/STYLISH-GIRLS-CLOTHES-Japanese-Dress-Pattern-Book-/190540406149&docid=wv5dH9sSTVEIoM&itg=1&w=827&h=579&ei=WLtiTvfIOrGQiAepuMyoCg&zoom=1

and someone’s actually made one for a girl here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flickafish/5519129150/in/faves-49182185@N02/

i can see it made up in linens with smart shorts and would look so lovely and different to typical shirts you find in stores… that’s what i love about the sailboat top in that it’s a little different to a typical button down the front top for boys, which are nice but easy to find in shops 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Would you want that specifically for just boys? I could see it as a shirt for both boy and girl but also a tunic style dress. This would be ideal to team with a pair of capri pants or shorts (lots of view a,b,c etc going on here). I could see my two wearing it.

LINK
    rastis @rastis

i definitely think you could make a girl version of it as well (i mean i’ve actually shown a girl style version)… it’s just that i haven’t seen a conventional pattern do this for boys and i’d love LOVE a proper boy-ish version of a top like this (with perhaps a girl-ish variation like with the sailboat pattern)! i could see my little boy wearing these style tops all summer (in fact my husband also wants a version for himself!)

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ooh, a pea coat would be amazing! I really go for anything nautical.

LINK
    Emily @Emily

Yes!! A pea coat! I would LOVE to do a pea coat for Eleanor – I’m doing another School Days for her this fall, but it would be lovely to have another option.

LINK
    dkbnyc @dkbnyc

to build off of my suggestion and take what justsewit said- i was out shopping today and saw a 3/4 slv, kind of blousy peasant style shirt, button front placket- about 8in long, with pintucks on either sides. It was made up in a shirting stripe, but super light weight cotton, almost sheer. Based on what some posters are saying, i could see this for both boys/girls as tops, tunics, dresses. However, to me it totally has a feminine feel and may be hard to sell it as a unisex pattern

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 391 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.