Oliver + S

your wish list

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 391 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

I love the Bedtime Story PJs, but my girls love nightgowns. I would so appreciate your take on a child’s nightgown.

LINK
    mela @mela

I second the blazer request which I think could easily be a boy or girl pattern. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of a little trench coat. trench coats have lovely details that would look so precious on a little one! I’ve even thought about trying to take an adult trench pattern I have and adapting it, but that would require me to temporarily suspend my sanity. I would buy one in a heartbeat!

LINK
    Melodie @Melodie

My little boy gets upset when his sister gets to wear her summer dresses or skirts. I would like to see something similar for boys. Like maybe a light summer weight skort with the internal liner be more like the liners in boys swim trunks. He will put on her skirts which I don’t think is appropriate. He exposes his underwear to much. I think a skort would be a lot better. I remember wearing them as a child and they were a lot more comfortable then some of the summer shorts.

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

I knew I remembered someone in the Flickr group doing this… You might check her comments to see what O+S patterns she used to make a skort:

Sailboat top and skorts, side view

On the other hand, I bet you could shorten the sandbox pants (unisex) to make him actual shorts. Maybe it’s just that he wants new mama-made clothes, too? 🙂

LINK
    sews4kla @sews4kla

Thank you for this opportunity to share ideas with you via this forum. Skorts seem to be a popular request.

When are your spring patterns going to be released? Please throw us a bone or some sneak peaks soon :o)

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Ok, I promise to give a sneak peek soon. We’re just proofreading everything to send to the printer, and we probably won’t get the patterns back until late March. But I’ll have more definite information in the next few days. I’m glad you’re excited, and I can’t wait to show you what we’ve been preparing for you!

And thanks again for weighing in on all your wish lists. It’s fun to see what you want to make, and it helps me when we’re planning future designs.

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Okay . . . so I am WAAAAY too late, but I’ve been having a little think. I would like a DOLL. Well actually two! A boy and a girl! I’d like them to be inspired by your O&S dolls, but simplified rag doll versions. Then I’d like some super simple patterns so that when I’ve made something (obviously Oliver and S patterns!) for my children I could add another outfit to my dolls collection. I may even let my children play with them! What do you think . . . ? ?

Robyn

p.s. would make for some great Flickr posts!

LINK
    cfairbrother @cfairbrother

Ok also way too late, but for future I'd love to see a swimsuit! Cute one-pieces are so hard to find! Can't wait to see the spring patterns!

LINK
    rachels @rachels

Hi there, I found a link to your fantastic web/store last week and very glad that i did. I’ve just spent the last couple of days practising my sewing skills (brand new self teaching begginer)- making your Lazy day skirt for my daughter (5) and just bought one of your patterns (sail boat) to make for my son (6months). I just love your designs for kids and the fact that they are simple to follow with easy instructions. Cant wait to see more of them! This is probably too late but maybe for the next release- I’d really love to see more patterns for boys and some of the girls patterns in larger sizes 🙂 🙂

Thanks for sharing your designs with us and keep up the great work!! Looking forward to making some awesome clothes for my kids. wish me luck ;p

LINK
    violetvata @violetvata

You know I love your newest and having seen it, I would love to second my vote for long dress pants and a jacket/vest/blazer, etc for dressy boys wear. I’m sure you’ll come up with something fantastic for fall/winter holiday events, as always! You are truly inspirational!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Ok, here’s another question for you all: We’re in the middle of fall development, and I want to do two dress patterns this season. We have already designed a really beautiful tailored dress that I can hardly wait to show you, and now I think we should do a party dress–something that would be great for Christmas/holiday as well as Easter/spring. But you know I’m not really the frilly dress type. Any suggestions? Something you’ve really been wanting to make along these lines that would fit with the Oliver + S aesthetic? I’m open to suggestions here (again) and would love to hear your thoughts, see sketches if you want to email them to me, etc. I think I have some direction, but it’s always fun to hear from you about these areas.

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

You are the tease, aren’t you…. a tailored dress? Really? OH, Liesl. 😉

As far as party dresses go, I get a lot of inspiration from vintage pattern envelopes. I made SweetPea a coatdress for Christmas this last year:

PC020094

But, I would really enjoy a dress that has a riding flair to it…. I’m sure there is a technical term for this, but it has a tab or pleat/tuck at the high back?

I also like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=130057951950

And this one has sweet lines, too (I like view 3 without the hearts) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=360230041526

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=370019731673

If I can find the style of dress with that ‘riding’ tuck, I’ll link back.

LINK
    violetvata @violetvata

You know I sew mainly for my three boys, but this kind of dress always gets my heartstrings. A round collared, puff sleeve party dress in velvet for winter holidays or silk, etc for spring ones. A chance to use beautiful ribbons for waistband… A full skirt with a petticoat or crinoline underneath. A dress my grandmother wore, a dress my mother wore, a dress I wore. Classic.

http://www.ottobredesign.com/lehdet_js/2008_1/index.html?fi

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

I’d be happy with “the thinking woman’s fancy dress” – no need to go toooo frilly 🙂

Using a Harry Potter metaphor – maybe something that you’d see Hermione Granger in at the Hogwarts’ school dance!

LINK
    emygold11 @emygold11

Hello,

I love to sew play clothes that will be worn a lot (I’m looking forward to making the ice cream dress). I have several Japanese pattern books, and have been able to make a few things, but for the most part, since the instructions are in Japanese, I am not able to make the items in the book! I like the younger child book by Makie. I also like Bonpoint clothing, and while I can’t afford to buy these clothes, I use the pictures on their website for inspiration and ideas. I would love to see patterns for basic, everyday play clothes. A gathered neck, long sleeve blouse maybe, or a simple linen jacket. I’m making the apron shown on the front of the Carefree Clothing for Girls book right now and it is turning out great – much livelier than the one in the picture on the book! While I love the idea of the clothes in this book, most aren’t really realistic for me to make. A good example is the gauze dress. Beautiful pictures though….

Thanks for asking for our thoughts on this!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 391 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.