Oliver + S

your wish list

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 391 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Haha, that’s so cute! Todd & Co, or the Big 4 version, Tedette…

LINK
    lakepa @lakepa

I’d love a women’s version of the Sketchbook shirt and the Parachute Polo, with the collar the right size (not two inches too long). I’d like both short and long sleeves.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have had the best idea, an O+S Moto jacket!
    How cool would that be?

It would totally work for a baby (from an old leather jacket) to a pre-teen.
    Totally unisex.

Please Liesl, puh-lease!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’ve been dreaming about an Oliver and S Moto jacket!

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

Yes, yes yes @motherof5!! That would be aaaaahmazing!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Woo hoo, it is not a blazer but may satisfy those yearning for one….

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Liesl, would it be possible to do a rainjacket pattern for grownups please? I am finding it very difficult to find one.

LINK
    Deb @Mynorth

A Blazer is still top on my wish list and has been for years. A Moto jacket would be awesome though.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

@justsewit, I think you’ll be very happy with the spring Lisette for Butterick patterns. It’s definitely in line with your thinking, especially if you don’t mind a few tweaks to make it more rain-worthy…

All of you lovelies who are requesting a blazer or moto jacket: if we had seen sales of the Secret Agent Trench Coat that were in line with our expectations I’d be all over this idea. However, jackets and coats have not sold well for us, so this would be a tough one to convince management (and I guess I’m part of management) to do. I would LOVE to do it if I was convinced it would sell well enough for all the enormous effort. Grading kids’ clothing is so difficult, right now it just gives me a headache when I consider it. But that’s not to say it won’t get done…

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

@liesl that is very exciting news! I will definitely be ordering this when it released then as my daughter requires one for school – so the umbrella will have to do for the time being.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Tamara.
    LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Talk to me about sewing supplies and other things you’d like us to carry, will you? What would be most useful or inspiring to you? It doesn’t really make sense to us or to you to carry things that you can find everywhere else. Is there something you can’t find and want us to carry? Would you be interested in things that I love that you might not have know existed and which aren’t easy to find? What about limited quantities of special trims I find? We don’t have the capability to cut yardage, so anything like that would need to be pre-cut, which would mean you would need to buy a package of 2-3 yards (for example).

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

That notcher thing. I want an easy way to cut my notches inward without accidentally going to far. I also want a clear notch as opposed to a little snip so I’m not later saying to myself, is that a notch I’m supposed to match or was that just a fray, bad cut, etc.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

@cybele727, I was thinking about you and the notcher last night. Notchers are a lot like hole punches: I think that if you tried to use them on fabric you would be sorely disappointed. They’re really intended as a pattern-making tool for notching the heavy cardstock that’s used in sample rooms. If you tried to use them on fabric I think they wouldn’t be sharp enough and I’m afraid they would tear and distort the fabric and you would be really disappointed. Have you tried taking a double snip into the fabric at the spot of the notches on the pattern to effectively remove a small triangle? This might be your best bet. As far as I can tell a notcher can’t be sharpened, and you know how frustrating that can be if you’ve ever tried to use dull pinking shears…

LINK
    EllenMCM @EllenMCM

That is devastating about the Secret Agent trench, because I have that pattern and I love it! It’s such a satisfying, easy sew. We need a Secret Agent outreach project!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m all in favor of that, @ellenmcm!

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 391 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.