Oliver + S

your wish list

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 391 total)
  • LINK
    paula @paula

Teen sizes, please!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Paula, I am another who requested Teen sizes.

Liesl explained, very nicely, that that was unlikely to happen, as there would not be the call for them.

I was so sad but then I tried my hand and enlarging a few of the dresses and that went rather well.

http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/a-big-book-report.html

&

http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/i-hope-it-has-happy-ending.html

http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/an-australian-christmas-fairy-tale.html

http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/another-fairytale.html

Now I look for patterns, particularly vintage patterns, that have the O+S ‘feel’ and use those but make them up using the finishing skills I have learnt with Oliver+S.

Who knows, maybe Liesl will do a ‘one off’ one day….

~Nicole~

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I’d love a dress-up pattern for boys. I think there was discussion already of a suit jacket, but I’d also love to see a little vest and a newsboy-type cap.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I want to put my request in for a boys short jacket, the equivalent of the Sunday Brunch for girls. A basic jacket I can style up or down depending on the fabric and occasion. I have plans to modify the sketchbook to make French cuff shirt and would love a jacket (and vest but have one from ottobre).

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I have a ton of little blazer patterns and the problem I have with all of them is either a lack of a proper lining/cuff treatment, and the one big big problem across the board — oversized collars that gape at the neck. They simply *do not* have collars with the correct proportions for little kids and their big heads/tiny necks. I understand the problem first hand from knitting — if you make a shawl-collar sweater that looks right, it falls off her shoulders, and if it fits, when she’s not wearing it you’d think her neck was the width of a banana or something. It just looks so small. Littles just have really different proportions and it’s hard to make something that looks ‘right’ and not like a klutzy I’m-wearing-my-daddy’s-jacket.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

All of which to say, yes, a nice little blazer is my #1 wishlist item. Some day!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I want a wrap dress. One with a faux tie and a button closure so it doesn’t actually sag or open in the front. Sleeveless and sleeve options. Woven and knit. Too much to ask?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ooh, a silk jersey wrap dress. Or a crisp linen one! I second your request!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Mother and daughter versions! 🙂

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Eeep, summer by the beach in coordinating white linen dresses … that will stay white for a whole 12 seconds. I’m in!

LINK

A wrap dress, preferably for knit, would be amazing, preferably a faux wrap but I’m sure I can make an Liesl wrap dress work!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Ooooh yes, a wrap dress, but not faux. Its easier to get a nice fit if you can adjust it with ties.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

True that! I just hate that they come undone on wee ones who can’t tie.

LINK

Maybe one with the belt tied in the back? I am very short waisted, despite being very long everywhere else 🙂 , and would prefer not to have a belt in the front.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Rob just brought me back some Liberty jersey from London. Perfect for a wrap dress! Love it that his souvenir buying has changed from knick knacks to fabric.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 391 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.