Masha Richart
-
with love Heidi replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
I have to take my machine in for repairs 🙁 I got thread caught around the balance wheel and can’t get it out.
I’ll be sewing on the overlocker and coverstitch for a few days. -
Nicole replied to the topic tips for vintage patterns? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
That is adorable!
I sew with vintage patterns and have a very large stash. The instructions are usually pretty good, they generally instruct you to clip seams and under stitch and often have lots of notches to help match things up. They often don’t tell you when to neaten your seams, watch out for that.
The sizing can be very slim (a reason why I…[Read more] -
Nicole replied to the topic Scallops and long dress in the forum oliver + s: bubble dress 11 years ago
Linda, thank you and congratulations!
I made that dress in a quilting cotton so it was a little stiffer anyway but I did tweak the top of my scallops. If you look at my tute, I pressed the top flat and this seem to help the scallop stay out.http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2011/01/bubble-dress-part-five.html
As for the longer…[Read more]
-
Nicole replied to the topic Inactive and being recycled–Yahoo account is preventing me from Flickr in the forum off topic 11 years ago
I will see what I can find out for you Reeni. May I copy/paste your question?
-
Nicole replied to the topic Has anyone made the jacket out of Polartec or fleece? in the forum oliver + s: school days 11 years ago
Oh my goodness, that post took an hour to load!
-
Nicole replied to the topic Has anyone made the jacket out of Polartec or fleece? in the forum oliver + s: school days 11 years ago
I think if I was to sew a coat from fleece I would use a simple pattern with fewer seams.
Something like this https://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/sets/72157627425463919/
These patterns are very basic, mind. You will need to get your ‘O+S’ on in regard to clipping and grading seams there are no directions for that.
However, with fewer seams…[Read more] -
with love Heidi replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Welcome Lucy, the Forrest path sounds wonderful in pre quilted fabric.
I’ve had a very busy week, we just got home from a 4 day camping trip! hopefully today I’ll get back to the machines and finish the embellishment of my dress and the hems 🙂 -
with love Heidi replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Welcome Lucy, the Forrest path sounds wonderful in pre quilted fabric.
I’ve had a very busy week, we just got home from a 4 day camping trip! hopefully today I’ll get back to the machines and finish the embellishment of my dress and the hems 🙂 -
Nicole replied to the topic News and Current Affairs in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Thank you MC.
We are on school holidays and it is lovely. Our weather is still very mild so the Fab Five are taking full advantage and packing food into rucksacks and disappearing into the bush for the day.
Lidia and Matilda have taught themselves ‘knitting’ with a plastic loom thing. It makes a perfectly acceptable farm beanie so it is very…[Read more]
-
Nicole replied to the topic News and Current Affairs in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Thank you MC.
We are on school holidays and it is lovely. Our weather is still very mild so the Fab Five are taking full advantage and packing food into rucksacks and disappearing into the bush for the day.
Lidia and Matilda have taught themselves ‘knitting’ with a plastic loom thing. It makes a perfectly acceptable farm beanie so it is very…[Read more]
-
Nicole replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Welcome Lucy!
I am keen to see the LTTS cape in a quilted fabric.I am sewing a polo shirt for my husband but after that I have 1/2 dozen nurses capes to make for the school students for ANZAC day. They should be nice and quick, the pattern is based on a boomerang pillow case.
-
Nicole replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Welcome Lucy!
I am keen to see the LTTS cape in a quilted fabric.I am sewing a polo shirt for my husband but after that I have 1/2 dozen nurses capes to make for the school students for ANZAC day. They should be nice and quick, the pattern is based on a boomerang pillow case.
-
Nicole replied to the topic Tools in the forum off topic 11 years ago
@Reeni, exactly!
They punch through two layers of denim. -
Nicole replied to the topic Gathering stitches and seam allowance in the forum oliver + s: fairy tale 11 years ago
@sayiamyou, yes, I do too.
-
Nicole replied to the topic LTTS – Cape in the forum oliver + s: little things to sew 11 years ago
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/73676143879595275/ Forgot the link!
-
Nicole replied to the topic LTTS – Cape in the forum oliver + s: little things to sew 11 years ago
I use Deb/My North’s directions for bagging a lining. Whenever I go it alone, I stuff up, I go back to Deb’s blog and it works!
-
Nicole replied to the topic Inactive and being recycled–Yahoo account is preventing me from Flickr in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Try the help forum on Flickr. I have had good success there.
-
Nicole replied to the topic Has anyone made the jacket out of Polartec or fleece? in the forum oliver + s: school days 11 years ago
By all means, sew it with fleece if that is what you have, but it is such a lovely sew and fleece doesn’t really wear that well….
One thing to be aware of is that it is a pattern for a woven, not a knit so you will have to be careful for the pieces stretching out of shape.
I wonder if pressing a strip of soft interfacing to the seam allowance…[Read more] -
with love Heidi replied to the topic Has anyone made the jacket out of Polartec or fleece? in the forum oliver + s: school days 11 years ago
I have made it with a fleece interlining and it worked very well. I would be very happy to make it from fleece 🙂
-
SarahGreen replied to the topic LTTS – Cape in the forum oliver + s: little things to sew 11 years ago
I’ve made the firefly jacket, which is reversible, and for that one you leave a small opening at the bottom hem and turn the whole thing through it. I think it’s best done slowly.
Not sure if that helps you?
- Load More
copyright
Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2026. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.