Oliver + S

your wish list

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 391 total)
  • LINK
    Loralee @Loralee

I would love a classic nightgown and robe pattern! Or even a classic 2 piece pj set with matching robe. I’m channeling the 40’s and 50’s here. šŸ˜‰ Think Christmas morning (or any other holiday) with all the kids in matching sets. Yay. That would be lovely. I can’t find one I like anywhere and my mom always handmade a set that we opened Christmas eve and promptly put on. I bet she wishes we promptly went to sleep, as well. LOL

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I made my daughter a night gown from the Hopscotch pattern! Have you thought of doing that in the meantime?

LINK
    G + G @kate_conley

I would love to see a skirt with a built-in pair of shorts underneath. I’ve seen this on many ready-made garments, but have never seen a quality pattern for this type of skirt. My daughter loves to wear skirts, but also loves to hang upside down on the monkey bars–the only way to way to reconcile these two passions is with shorts underneath the skirt!

LINK
    Anonymous @

Liesl, I would love a pattern for an outerwear vest and also a winter hat – like a bomber hat. Come to think of it, a regular vest would be nice too!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Yes, outwear vest is what I have in mind when I mention it. But I wonder, could the optional lining for the School Days coat be used for this purpose? I admit I haven’t gotten all the way through those instructions yet since I’ve been wrapped up working on other things.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Dear Liesl , Any chance you could extend the sizes to size 14?, Please? Please?

LINK
    Loralee @Loralee

maraya, I missed your suggestion! Yes, I think I might do the hopscotch as nightgowns for Christmas. šŸ™‚ With the lettuce edge, too.

Liesl, simple ‘frocks’ inspired by the ones worn by girls in the 30’s and 40’s would be lovely. Pintucks at the yolk. Maybe a slight flutter to the sleeve. Subtle feminine touches. Of course, I thought that and then saw a sneak peak from the quilt show of an upcoming dress pattern that I absolutely love, love. Can’t wait. Thank you!

LINK
    cherry @cherry

A ruffle skirt would be wonderful. Kind of one with different layers of ruffles, if that makes sense? And also I can imagine a cute pair of wide legged pants with a fold up cuff. Could be casual in denim or dressy in a tweed or herringbone wool.

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

Maybe someone has already suggested this in an earlier post. I would love to see a turtleneck pattern for boys and girls. My girls wore them a lot when they were small. Also an overall pattern that can be long pants and shorts too. My girls wore them up to age 8 and 10. My granddaughter is a size 2 and I have not seen overalls anywhere.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I LOVE cherry’s cuff pants suggestion! I have been debating the Sandbox pattern in the larger sizes for my daughter because I love making pants for her. But I’m afraid there won’t be another pattern before she’s a size 4.

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

I second the request for a classic nightgown. Yes, I know there are many patterns out there for nightgowns, but we want one “Oliver +S” designed. šŸ˜‰

…and a blazer for Easter/formal dress.

LINK
    Anonymous @

I would LOVE a pattern for a knit shirt with a hood. My daughter has one and just adores it. She wears the hood all the time. It’s gotten far too short and I’d love to make her another one. Please, please?

LINK
    Rpankow @excytin

I second Sandi’s request! It’s so hard to find a good hoodie pattern. Those are a major staple in our house. Comfortable and functional. You can make them lightweight or out of something with more warmth. I have an Ottobre pattern for one, but those don’t have Liesl’s instructions!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

“…and a blazer for Easter/formal dress. ” Seconding April’s suggestion! The little suits in shops are EXPENSIVE.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I can understand why so many people want more boys’ things. Those of us with boys still love to sew for our kids! However, I find that my boys are VERY hard on their clothes so the reality is that I don’t actually sew for them all that much. (and now I’ve got a little girl! so it will probably be even less.) I for one, probably will not sew the sketchbook shirt because a plain, boring dress shirt doesn’t seem all that exciting next to a fun pretty dress. On the other hand, I did buy the pattern and might make it one day for my own learning process. I love the more interesting and casual look of the nature walk pullover.

Your dresses are so beautiful it hardly seems like you need suggestions, except to second pp’s idea of smocking. Gradmothers love smocking and it’s such a timeless beautiful detail that I would love to learn it. Like a pp mentioned, I’ve been intimidated by such and intricate detail but feel that if anyone could talk me through it, it would be and Oliver + S pattern.

However, I gave some thought to the kinds of things I like to see boys wear, which may or may not make good patterns for your purposes. Overalls are adorable on very little boys (and girls). I also think a simple jacket pattern would be really fun. A blazer would be nice too. Sewing special occasion things for boys seems more rewarding than play clothes which will get quickly trashed. Special occasion things can also be economical to sew yourself. So, how about a tie or two as well? (or maybe that’s already in the new book I can’t wait to see!)

Finally, I really love cargo pants on my boys, but have yet to find a pattern that includes interesting, gusseted or otherwise well-designed pockets. Again, if anyone could talk me through an interesting pocket detail, Oliver + S could. Pockets on Simplicity or such patterns are flat, basic pockets. What makes rtw cargos so interesting is the deep or otherwise structurally interesting pockets. Maybe there could be several different kinds of pockets to choose from in one pattern. HTH!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 391 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.