Oliver + S

your wish list

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 391 total)
  • LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

I would love a special occasion dress pattern with a simple elegant design. I have children getting married and requesting that I sew the matching dresses for their children and nieces on both sides. I would love a dress that has a high waist so it will fit most shapes and look good on all ages. Maybe with an option for a big bow on the back. I would have to buy both sizes to fit from baby to preteen. I could also use it for all the other occasions that require matching family dresses like Christmas, showers, milestone birthdays etc.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

High waist, simple, big bow — sounds rather like the Fairy Tale dress to me — have you made that one yet? Nicole has made versions for her nearly-teen girls that you wish you had for yourself, and if memory serves Sharon made some tiny ones for her little girl? Who was it who made the really dinky little one?

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

I did make 2 in silk and as much as I love sewing them for my granddaughter the thought of sewing 6 ahead of time and having them all fit is my concern. I would like to avoid a fitted waist and a zipper. I though something that bloused closer to the chest or neck would allow some growing room in a couple months of sewing time. Maybe a dress that has a pleat near the neck or even blouses from the bodice that doesn’t look too babyish on a 10 year old. Something easier to sew and flows nicely in silk or satin.

LINK
    brenda1652 @brenda1652

I’d love a well designed pattern for a basic sleeveless dress with princess seams, spaghetti straps, and perhaps with a simple bolero top . There are so many options to a pattern such as this as far as length, bows,open or closed seams (pleats) for the bottom half, even adding a contrasting back panel (with or without an overlay) for a princess look. Even straps have options such as ribbon bows for the toddlers to rhinestone straps for dressy versions for girl sizes.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

That is a great concept!

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

I’d like to see a simple cardigan, v-neck and round-neck options. One of my favourite sweaters for my son is a little cardigan from American apparel. It looks very tidy and put together with simple solid pull on pants and a tee.

I used to knit but don’t have the time (my sewing takes up nap times–I can make a pair of pants in a nap!) so something sewn that’s warmer would be nice.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have a great passion for the Garden Party. I think that would look divine in silk and suit a range of ages.

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

Thank you Nicole I will try your suggestion. I’m still wishing for another special occasion dress too.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Kmac, the Music Box pinafore is a lovely pattern – and View A – pleats all around – could look very dressy in the right fabric. It’s longer than some of the other dress patterns, and could be worn over either a long or short sleeve blouse or top depending on the weather. Or you could add flutter sleeves to the shoulder line. Good luck with the project.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Kmac I second music box for the wedding. I have made it with gathers and pleats and it can look very formal indeed. It works wonderfully with silk or flowy cotton and it’s extremely easy to sew. If I had to make matching multiples, that is absolutely what I would pick. You could add a sash with on trouble at all. You could also line it and add a layer or two of tulle for more volume. If you add a deep 4″ double turned hem, it can easily be let out in the future. Throw on a different sash or a ribbon belt or some other trim and it’s a different dress for another occasion.

If you’re interested, here’s one I did last fall for my neighbor: http://queenoftheflies.blogspot.com/2013/07/i-wish-i-may.html.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Ps – I wouldn’t even use the pattern for the skirt, just measure how long it needs to be for each girl and tear a strip right across the full width of the fabric. If it’s wide, that may be all you need, no seaming. 1yd of 60″ tulle, folded in half, pin to the lining and gather both together.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I did pretty much just what Meleliza describes for two weddings, but with a different bodice, and put in an invisible zip in the back.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Yes, I did the same, less seams.

PS Check out Melanie’s blog, her dresses are too d i.e. for!

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

Excellent, thank you all, very beautiful dress! My daughter just showed me a photo on her phone of what she likes it has a see through fabric at the top and over the shoulders, but I could piece that in.

LINK
    Rebecca W @craftalittle

I don’t know if this is the right place to put this, but I thought of it after I filled out my survey a month or so ago. 🙂 I was thinking that it would be very helpful to know what size clothing the model on the cover of the patterns is wearing and what his/her rough measurements are. I think this would help us to have a better understanding of how the different patterns fit. Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 391 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.