Oliver + S

your wish list

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 391 total)
  • LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

We are still years away from AG dolls. K has a few of the Corolle 12″ baby dolls and its even harder to find patterns for them. But, I do make the occasional outfit for others people’s AG dolls and I definitely plan to get her one (or better still convince the grands to get her one) when she’s old enough. So if you’re waiting for me to try drafting copycat clothes, it could be a while.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Meleliza, this website’s got some basic patterns for the 12″ dolls. I’ve used the large ones from this site and they worked fine.

http://www.susankramer.com/dollclothespatterns.html

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

So I was just browsing Landsend to see if there are any deals on next year’s winter coats and I realized what I would absolutely make for my boys and have never seen a pattern for ever: a pea coat. Classic. Never out of style. Charming. all the way up to size 16, please! Some of us have weeds for children.

I like making coats becuse they’re otherwise expensive and they last a long time. Most boy clothes get trashed so quickly that it hardly seems worth spending my time on them. But I made my oldest the school days coat a few years back and he fit into it for two years and now #2 is nearly ready to wear it. My oldest has nearly grown out of that pattern, though, so I probably won’t get the chance to make it again. I would love to make they boys a nice coat again. It’s well worth the effort.

Heidi – thanks, I’m off to check that out!

LINK

Your welcome Meleliza!

Also there is a current pea coat pattern around somewhere from one of the new type designers. I saw it yeaterday when I was net surfing. I’ll see if I can find it again.

LINK

Here is not. Not Oliver and S :(, but a pea coat.

http://gotopatterns.com/products/olivia-oliver-pea-coat/

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

A pattern for a “onesie” that goes all the way up the sizes would be good. Useful for babies and it’s just so hilariously cute to see big kids in onesie pyjamas. Would also be a great starting point for fancy dress costumes

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

Hmm, in the US a “onesie” is a baby’s tshirt that covers the diaper and snaps under the crotch. Is your onesie a pair of pajamas that are all in one piece, with a zipper from ankle to neck and maybe built-in feet?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

It is like and all in one suit – think thing one and two clothes and I think this is what Lightning is trying to describe but it has poppers all the way up – is this right Lightning? Would you call it a jumpsuit?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Maybe this could be a straight stitch society pattern, a really cool pencil case! Something with more than one compartment to separate the essentials from the coloured pencils to make things easier to locate and is travel worthy enough to not lose everything in the same process.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

That’s what I meant mkhs. A full suit with feet included and a zipper from one knee up to the neckline. then there’s the potential to add a Cozy Bear Hood to turn it into an animal costume. Perhaps it’s called a romper suit?

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

Yes, babies wear rompers. For an older person, we would call that footie pajamas. (That doesn’t mean pajamas for football players.)

I have been thinking how nice a classic jean jacket would be. So cute for a little kid. It would look great in colored denim or corduroy. Then it could be lined in flannel. Think of the fun we would have customizing.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes that would be great! I had one with a fur collar when my daughter was little and it was so cute on her. Maybe an actual jeans pattern to team with it also? I may be complicating things ther and I know there are already some fabulous pants patterns tha we can adapt but an actual jeans pattern would be perfect to team with the jacket.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

I think Jeans type jacket would be good; by Pea Coat, does the person who suggested it mean a duffle coat (like Paddington Bear)? The all in one pjs are commonly known as ‘growsuits’ and i’ve seen them made of what looks like a fine stretch towelling with snaps between legs, and up to the neck. Rompers are really trousers and bib/straps combined, aren’t they?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

In California(n), a pea coat is what a sailor would wear, like a double-breasted navy wool thing. Pyjamas with one long zip and built in feet are footies. Footy is soccer. A onesie is a tshirt with a long tail that wraps around the bottom and fastens at the crotch with snaps. Snaps are poppers! And poppers are little plastic tubes with a string at one end — when you pull the string there’s a little popping noise and paper streamers spring out. Happy new year!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

A Pea Coat is What US and UK sailors wear. It’s double breasted wit large lapels that can be buttoned all the way up the neck against the wind. It has welt pockets at the hips. More importantly, it’s short and a little Aline to allow for movement, making it a great choice for kids. Not to mention flipping adorable! It looks equally cute on girls. Its a classic design that never goes out of style, but really I can’t find a pattern. Heidi, I saw that one, but alas, my ginormous 7year old is already in size 10! Also, I am always skeptical of indipendant patterns. You never know if they’re reliable and that doesn’t look so professional, you know? Besides, if anyone could walk us through the double welt pocket, Liesl could!

Here’s the one I saw: http://www.landsend.com/pp/boys-wool-pea-coat~245312_1189.html

I’ve been a little coat happy recently: http://pinterest.com/melanieew/capes-and-coats/ Included there is an interesting article from the Gentleman’s Gazette on the history of pea coats.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 391 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.