Oliver + S

Fall Patterns?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 92 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh my gosh, what a completely wonderful thing to say! I was sure nobody would be rude but this is so positive and nurturing, THANK YOU!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Sarvi, you look fantastic in the photos! Can I feature you on the blog?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I’d be honored, thank you!

LINK
    Violaisabelle @Violaisabelle

Sarvi, I agree, you look absolutely beautiful in your new dresses. Well done! Could you please tell me, are you able to slip this on and off over the head without undoing the buttons in the back, or only one button? Unless it’s a period/historical piece, I avoid buttons in the back because of my long hair. I can easily swap out a zipper for this, but I was just wondering how easily it slips on and off.

Thank you for sharing…truly beautiful!

Carol

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

Sarvi, I think I echo everyone who looks at your Cinema dress photos when I say that you look amazing :-). Probably more than anything else, because it’s obvious from looking at the pictures that you know you look good and it shows. Awesome!

I know I’ll probably end up buying the other new patterns too as I’ll probably love them all, so I was tempted to wait and get them all together. However, I’ve been feeling fairly down lately – pretty sure that my postpartum hormones are treating my body like a roller coaster ride. I’m ok with my current weight (tho I’m not at all toned, I haven’t worked out at all really since Olivia’s birth), but for someone who only has to get up once per night to nurse (yes, I know I’m so lucky!!), I’m just really tired, to the point it’s hard to get out of bed in the morning. And my hair…oh, oh my hair. It’s falling out like crazy :-/. To the point I cry every time I wash it. So anyway, I got this pattern and am going to interrupt my sewing schedule that’s full of things for Ellie because I need something to make me feel a bit better about myself. Still not sure what fabric I’m going to use but I’m looking forward to sewing this! I think I’ll start with a tunic length (shortened View A) that I can wear over leggings or skinny jeans.

I can’t wait to see everyone else’s versions, and the other patterns as they’re released!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Sarvi, another thanks for putting up such detailed picture and measurements! It really helps to know what the pattern looks like on real people 🙂

Thank you, again!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Patricia, don’t worry about your hair, that is very normal.

It concerns me that you feel so tired, are you eating enough vegetables and drinking enough water?

I think a new dress is a perfect idea and if you want to chat to another new mum, Flickr Mail me and we can exchange email addresses.

Take care sweetheart. xx

LINK
    enajybbil @enajybbil

So it turns out that version A will hit me mid calf. Um when did I get so short? Anyways, the finished measurement * says “waist is loose fitting and can expand”. How much expansion are we talkin’ here?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Carol, I definitely could not get it off without undoing most, if not all, of the buttons. They’re a little tricky to do up — I do the bottom ones by reaching ‘under’ behind me and the top ones by shrugging the dress up and reaching ‘over’ my shoulder. I have pretty curly hair that snags and I haven’t felt anything, so it may be a question of the size/style of button, but my hair is not super long and you know best what works for you.

Patricia, I really feel your pain. I have thin hair to begin with and pregnancy was a wonderful turning back of the clock to younger days and fuller hair! But the hair loss is only the return to your normal shedding cycle (which you already knew, I’m sure). It’s so easy to get into a thing of putting yourself in the background and dressing your child beautifully when what you see in the mirror doesn’t feel like ‘you’. I really, really encourage you to make something pretty for yourself, it’s a shot in the arm that does a lot of good!

And thank you again everyone for all the lovely comments. What a thoughtful and kind group we have here!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Wow, Sarvi you look great. Thanks for posting measurements! It will help me figure out size. You choose size 8, what did you base that on? High bust?

LINK

Thanks for the follow up, Sarvi! I have long, thick, curly hair and it gets caught in buttons, when my hair is left down. Most of the time it’s up. A zipper is an easy enough swap for me, I just needed a good gauge of fitting. Thank you!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

My pleasure, I hope the info is useful!

Cybele, I wear either an 8 or 10 in ready-to-wear, and started with a 10. The seam where the sleeve meets the body at the top of the shoulder felt too far down the top of the arm for me, so I went down to an 8 for a better fit across the shoulders/neckline. The instructions give suggestions on how much to FBA for different cup sizes, so I went by that.

My husband and mother-in-law both thought I should have nipped in the sides a bit more at the top and near my waist and I did try pinning it in a little but found that I preferred the feeling of a bit more ease there. If I made it in a dressier fabric I would pinch some volume out of the section between armpit (apologies, I’m sure there’s a more attractive word but it’s eluding me right now) and the natural waist. It’s not a long section of the side seam and I don’t think it would hugely affect anything else, but it would be a little slimmer up top. For the fabrics I used and given the quirks of my distinct pear figure I think something a little less figure-hugging suited my preferences a bit better.

LINK
    avashmava @avashmava

I feel so silly. I can not find the pictures of Sarvi’s dress on Flickr! Can someone help me, please?

LINK

You can find them in the Oliver + S Flickr group photos here, just scroll down a bit. https://www.flickr.com/groups/oliverands/ It’s a tad confusing with the different Flickr groups, I had to figure it out, too. 🙂

Carol

LINK
    avashmava @avashmava

Thank you, Carol……….but I still don’t see it. 🙁 I’ve looked through 4 pages and can’t find it. I know I’ve been offline for a while, but I feel really out of the loop with the Flickr changes.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.