Masha Richart
-
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic News and Current Affairs in the forum off topic 10 years ago
Ha! In New York, you can always tell it’s the end of the month because all the bad furniture has been left on the curb for pickup. You can find some treasures, but there’s always a risk of bedbugs, which have become a real problem.
We don’t start school in Spain until September 8, either. Suddenly, summer isn’t moving quite so quickly as it…[Read more]
-
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic News and Current Affairs in the forum off topic 10 years ago
Out curiosity, when does school start in your neighborhood? I think some schools have started already, yes?
-
Tamara replied to the topic News and Current Affairs in the forum off topic 10 years ago
Thanks @needlewoman he wants to surprise Imogen when he gets to Perth which will be thrilling. He will be rather busy though. He has to sort out selling the house he inherited from his grandfather (it’s the house he lived in with his mum before she was killed). I think we are going to be busy helping him sort the garden out and to organise some…[Read more]
-
needlewoman replied to the topic Overalls in the forum off topic 10 years ago
What a good idea, H.
-
needlewoman replied to the topic News and Current Affairs in the forum off topic 10 years ago
That’s great news, T. So pleased for you and family. Chloe will love the extra attention.
-
Tamara replied to the topic The Limerick Thread in the forum off topic 10 years ago
The pattern was rated “advanced”
The truth of it may be enhanced
The instructions were vague
They came from the Hague -
with love Heidi replied to the topic The Limerick Thread in the forum off topic 10 years ago
The pattern was rated “advanced”
The truth of it may be enhanced
The instructions were vague -
Tamara replied to the topic The Limerick Thread in the forum off topic 10 years ago
The pattern was rated “advanced”
The truth of it may be enhanced -
Robin replied to the topic Using woven fabric for the Hopscotch Top in the forum oliver + s: hopscotch 10 years ago
Hi Kristen, I would be concerned about the sleeves. They are fairly narrow on this top. The combo that Audrey did looks great and would be a good sleeve solution.
-
Tamara replied to the topic Cute things kids say or do in the forum off topic 10 years ago
Oh yes! Important to do a “good copy”😀
You can generally tell the emerging tastes and interests of children very early on. My 19 month old daughter loves music. Just now we were watching a beautiful little program called La-la’s adventures, an Australian produced program that incorporates a music lesson without knowing it. In this episode, one of…[Read more]
-
Tamara replied to the topic Using woven fabric for the Hopscotch Top in the forum oliver + s: hopscotch 10 years ago
Hi @kpennycufftntech-edu the hopscotch top and dress is drafted for knits so it will be tight to get into because patterns for knits generally have negative ease to accomodate for the stretch of the fabric. You could try it but it probably wouldn’t work without changing a few things like adding a back opening for example and you would possibly…[Read more]
-
Tamara replied to the topic News and Current Affairs in the forum off topic 10 years ago
I just had a very lovely long distance phone call with my 21 year old nephew who is studying Physiotherapy in Canada. He’s coming home to see us in a little over a week! Can’t wait!
-
Tamara replied to the topic Coverstitch Machine? in the forum off topic 10 years ago
I would pop onto the Janome website and call both models up. They will have a complete list of features on both (which you seem well adversed in anyway). Then I would go and talk to the local dealer and ask what the tightening system feature means and the various other things that might be confusing.
I am not near mine and can’t remember the…[Read more]
-
with love Heidi replied to the topic Overalls in the forum off topic 10 years ago
What about the sailboat pants connected to the front and back centre panels of the seashore sundresss?
-
needlewoman replied to the topic Overalls in the forum off topic 10 years ago
Made many pants, Joslyn but not overalls; although lately I have been thinking about adding front/straps to the Sandbox pants. This is one of my favourite pants patterns c/o O + S. Roomy and stylish.
-
needlewoman replied to the topic Little house on the prairie dress in the forum sewing with liesl + co and oliver + s 10 years ago
Thank you Sarvi for the link about armholes/sleeves. Great site to visit, and I especially like the writer’s “cardboard models”.
My suggestion for a LHOP dress is the apple picking frock, and/or the Music Box Pinafore combined with the Music Class Blouse. You could also take the Music Class Blouse, and add a skirt to it (something I’ve been…[Read more]
-
Tamara replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 10 years ago
Perhaps one of the Lisette fit and flare styles then @ellenmcm? The Bistro is the perfect dress for such occasions.
I should be sewing the afterschool pants for the baby girl that I’ve had sitting there for a while but I have been interrupted so much with “my” turn that I’m dawdling with everything else.
I decided to take the plunge and try some…[Read more]
-
with love Heidi replied to the topic The Limerick Thread in the forum off topic 10 years ago
The invitation says “under the sea”
I’m not sure it’s intended for me.
But I’ll dress as a fish
And I’ll come if I wish -
Tamara replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 10 years ago
I’m so sorry to hear about your dad @ellenmcm. The music class blouse would be perfect and may I suggest the Bistro dress for your 15 year old. It is beautiful to sew and lovely on. I made one for my 13 year old last year when she had her interview with the principal at her new school. Sadly it doesnt fit her anymore as they tend to grow…[Read more]
-
Todd Gibson replied to the topic Printing PDF Patterns in the forum oliver + s: bubble dress 10 years ago
@cybele727 Yes, that’s a good suggestion. It’s one that was made by many people at the end of 2014 when we did our customer survey. We’re including a printing guide like this on all of our newer PDF patterns now. But we haven’t gone back to add it to the older patterns.
I know, that doesn’t help you now, but it may in the future…..
- Load More
copyright
Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2026. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.