Oliver + S

Using woven fabric for the Hopscotch Top

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Audrey @skirtfixation

I just wanted to let everyone know I was able to use woven fabric for part of the Hopscotch top! This opens up a lot of possible fabric combinations. I thought it might work, and sure enough, I replaced the front with woven fabric and it worked. You can see more information on my blog post here: http://skirtfixation.com/2015/06/birthday-patchwork-twirl-skirt/

Attachments:
    LINK
    Audrey @skirtfixation

Oh, and that cute fabric is called Brambleberry Ridge.

LINK
    Kristen @kpennycuff@tntech.edu

Can you use all woven?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Hi @kpennycufftntech-edu the hopscotch top and dress is drafted for knits so it will be tight to get into because patterns for knits generally have negative ease to accomodate for the stretch of the fabric. You could try it but it probably wouldn’t work without changing a few things like adding a back opening for example and you would possibly have to go up a couple of sizes to gain the ease that is otherwise accommodated through the stretch of a knit.

That said, it doesn’t hurt to experiment. It is how we learn how these things work and how to get around them after all.

It is a pity we don’t have more of the really pretty quilting prints in knits and then we wouldn’t have to wonder if a knit pattern could be used with a woven fabric. We’d just use the knit anyway.

I hope this helps.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Hi Kristen, I would be concerned about the sleeves. They are fairly narrow on this top. The combo that Audrey did looks great and would be a good sleeve solution.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.