Oliver + S

your wish list

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 391 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Would you not just … cut a V? What am I missing?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

The trick is in the neck binding. The join is sewn in a ‘V’ to give you the neat finish.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Yep, I’ve seen it done with one end crossing the other at the V point, but personally I think it looks better if the ends are joined at the correct angle to give a vertical seam in the neck binding at the V point.
    Then there’s just the technical aspect of sewing an acute angled neckband into an obtused angled neckhole. Ha ha, look at me, now I’m working geometry into a sewing problem. Nerd alert!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Yay, maths! Geometry! Can we include some algebra too? 🙂 Just to work out correct angle to sew the band together 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I don’t use the cross over method, too bulky. I cut a triangle out of each end and sew and turn. Perfect’V’.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

If someone would like to write a tutorial on the chevron method (the V without the cross-over), I’d be so thrilled. It’s on my To Do list, but it’s not rising to the top anytime soon, I fear.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh, the binding, of course. Yes, I can see how that would get bulky quickly. Again, I’m not trying minimize the difficulty of something I haven’t done, but just asking because I don’t know, is it different than making a mitered corner on a quilt binding? Perhaps because of the stretchiness of the knit?

LINK
    Anonymous @

I believe that it is basically the same, Sarvi. Perhaps someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ok, good to know. I’m sure there are some handy tips & tricks folks who have done this know from experience, I look forward to the tute.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

After making Tildy some dungarees I would like to bump @Helena’s suggestion of a dungarees/overalls/romper/playsuit pattern.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

And I have been hankering after a woman’s trench pattern a la the Secret Agent 🙂

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

I’d love a little kids underthings pattern–say, girls panties, boys briefs/boxer briefs and boxers and a camisole for girls and sleeveless undershirt for boys.

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

Seconding Justine!! That would be amazing!

LINK
    Rhythm @rhythmtyagi

I third the trench coat for women! Would also like to second the under clothes idea. And more relaxed fit blouses for women.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Can we please have the polo top in ladies and men’s sizes 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 391 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.