Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,306 through 1,320 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

meleliza,I am glad to hear that everyone is ok. I am so excited to see your Tinkerbell costume! The wings sound so lovely!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’ve just sewn 6 cushion covers for a friend, only 4 to go. And then some pillow cases.

I have started tracing the Sunday Brunch, I just traced the 2 pieces that needed corrections in all 5 sizes (small) so I don’t forget to make the changes!

Hoping to be back to sewing Harry Potter costumes next week, Yay.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

More Harry Potter costumes, Heidi? I thought they were for Halloween. Have you got a franchise c/o JK Rawlings?

Today I posted an adult’s apron, a kid’s apron (both reversible) and peg bag (all a la Mad Men retro) to be raffled at Melbourne Cup Luncheon fund raiser next Tuesday in Sydney. Peg bag was ridiculous amt of work but looked soooo good when finished – even if I do say so myself. For forum members who not familiar with Australian festivals, this day is equivalent to Kentucky Derby or Rose Bowl football. A very big deal.

Terrible pics in our newspapers of damage to East Coast c/o Sandy. My heart goes out to all affected.

LINK

No no, the Harry Potter Costumes are for Christmas presents and there’s 7 of them! (4 kids who know the series and 3 siblings who will want what the older ones have, grin). No Franchise just an over-active imagination,:).

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Well, I’m officially back to just mummy and wife extraordinaire as of yesterday at 3pm when the rain and hail (yuk!) fell just as I knocked off. So today I am celebrating by doing what all mums do best – grocery shopping! I might even call in to Spotlight and get some more over locker thread to try out the still not tried out cover stitch machine. It’s only been sitting there for 3 weeks!

The plans to stitch a seam here and there this week have flown out the window but now there is no excuse to not sew, something I have missed taking the time to do consistently this year.

Soo, I have that basket of things still waiting for me and uploading photos of other things I have slowly made, all tasks that I will get to in due course.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’ve just left work early due to horrendous head cold, and happened to pass by a fabric store on the way home, where I found some iron on vinyl. Yippee, I’m going to laminate some stuff!

LINK
    wendy @wendyls

Onto another raincoat, then two jump rope dresses. One is a blue/gray swiss dot chambray like shirting fabric, and the other one makes me nervous. It’s a Kokka fabric depicting colourful goats delivering the mail. I’m totally pandering to my daughter’s likes on this one, not really confident that it’ll turn out. It will either be really cute and quirky, or totally hideous. Either way, she’s going to love her goat dress. I’ll just have to suck it up if I can’t stand it and she wants to wear it all the time.

Aside from that, a long-sleeved Diplomat dress for me in something called ‘double cloth’. Would that be the same as double gauze?

LINK

Bright goats delivering mail for jumprope dress B, sounds great!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

They must be bright if they deliver the mail without eating “absorbing” it – clever goats!

I had another distraction turn up today – a parcel of pretty fabric – love those kinds of distractions.

I have overlocker thread and swimwear elastic so I’m all set – to make lots of garments!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Goats delivering the mail sounds awesmoe to me too. I love goats.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

No sewing, just breathing. Cleaning up after Halloween and finished a couple of things before starting new projects.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I suppose double gauze could be double cloth, but I usually see the term double cloth referring to coating.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Costumes!

White puffy shirts from linen that frays if you blink at it,but it was super cheap so I mustn’t grumble(much).

I took a break to knock up Tildy a CC outfit that I cut out last summer,that was pleasant.

After the puffy shirts,Elsa needs a simple frock to wear in Oliver(she didn’t get Nancy-tears),Zara needs some knicker bockers and a vest for Oliver(I have a vintage page boy pattern for that) and Lidia needs a shark costume.

I found a pattern online,its hysterical!

Has anyone seen the Kiwi film ‘Eagles Vs Sharks’?,its the same one worn in that. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0494222/ .

I predict much wine will be needed to pull that one off!

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Goodness, mo5; just took a look at shark costume on link – never heard of the film – it looks very clever. I like the red rim to indicate the lips (?) but how do you plan to do the “pointy bit”? Clothes hangers spring to mind but how do make it so the Lidia can wear it. So sorry Elsa didn’t get ‘Nancy’; any chance she can understudy?

Have cut out both Music Box Jumpers; size 8 will be pleated, size 6 will be gathered to yoke because of big check for skirt. Spend much time last night working out where to cut back pieces so that when buttoned it will sort of fit with plaid. This is the prob. with ‘uneven’ plaids. Two book reports coming along ok

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Elsa chin up, there are better parts out there – my sister went for the part of Oliver and wasn’t excepted because of her gender!!! She understudied instead. It’s a fantastic play – are they doing the whole lot or just part of it?

Make sure you sew straight lines in between glasses Nicole! It’s a fun looking costume.

Onto the basket: some of the things today – a Music class shirt, Book report dress with shortened sleeves a Family Reunion dress in Out to sea floral a sketchbook short sleeved shirt and the other pair of boxer shorts I had to redo the waist band for. They all have white backgrounds so will be easier to sew all at once – no need to change thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,306 through 1,320 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.