Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,701 through 5,715 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Hi, I managed to find these mustard tights for my daughter http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-girl-cotton-blend-tights-mustard/p2055066#page_loaded

Happy to pick up a pair and post to you but not sure how long it would take to arrive!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

How kind of you Helena.

I finished Trixie’s turn of the sewing rota and I am getting stuck into Tildy’s.

I drafted off the School Bus tee, size 4 with the length of a 7.

What are you sewing now? 🙂

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Thank you, Helena! I saw this a few days ago but my computer was wonky and wouldn’t let me reply on these message boards. Anyway I saw that they ship to the U.S. but then I found a pair on eBay so we are all set (they are not quite mustard yellow, more sunny, but it seems that other family members have gone the sunny route so we won’t stand out).

Haven’t sewn anything in the last few days. Tonight I find myself with some time but I’m not sure what to work on. More doll clothes, the cut-out-but-not-sewn Playtime pieces that have been sitting there for 14 months, leggings for the girls? No idea. Maybe I’ll cross-stitch instead.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Sewing the last few seams on the messenger bags!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’ve made two pairs of sailboat pants, size 12-18 momths in preparation for Christmas parcels etc.

Today I am continuing the alterations of B6183 and hopefully will get to actually sew a pair.

I am also tossing up whether to sew a pair of stretch denim pants for Imogen as she is going on a school trip to Perth this Sunday and they are going to the cinema (it will be chilly and she really needs something to wear but refuses to wear jeans, which she looks awesome in). I will use the Jalie pull on jeans pattern if I decide to do this but they won’t be sewn until tomorrow because today is sewing for me!

I have also been enlisted to make a “jedi” costume for my youngest nephew. I have to make a size 8 for growing room.

I have to make a black shirt and trousers for Noah’s presentation night costume, but I have about a week to do this.

I also want to make some shirts for Murray for Christmas and boxer sleep shorts for both boys for Christmas along with the new lisette pj’s (short) for Imogen and sleepover pj’s for Chloë.

Let’s just say the list is longer than the amount of time given and I want to have the majority of gifts wrapped before school winds up on the 18th. Lots to do….

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Tamara.
    LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Tonight, I made one lazy days and one onstage tutu. Earlier in the week I made 10 in a clutch. Last week I made 3 hopscotch, and have 1 in progress, 2 fabric baskets in progress, and another onstage tutu in progress.

I really ought to get some photos up.

But we are going away for 6 days mid December, so I lose a week to prepare for the holidays. So I’m really pushing myself!!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Can’t wait to see more of those photos @cybele727 -I see you put some up already.

I have (finally) been able to cut into some fabric to make these B6183 heavily altered view b pants in slightly stretchy denim. I must hope I have a navy invisible zip!

My darling sister purchase me a voucher to buy some liberty lawn (just for me) at a shop I found in Perth for my birthday. I am yet to receive it but will start shopping asap after I do as I have a dress pattern with liberty written all over it! She is right! I cannot go threadbare when everyone else in the family is dressed nicely.

Imogen has agreed to my making her a Lisette 1419 view a as I managed to get the smaller sizing in the pattern. I am slightly confused over this though as her bust measurement falls into the 14 already😱. Sounds ridiculous to have to do an fba for a 13 year old doesn’t it?

LINK

I finally finished 2 small messenger bags I’ve been sewing in tandem. Not my preference but it made sense for these ones. Now off to finish the large messenger bag I had to put aside until I could get some fabric for the strap.
    Tamara as emotional as it is to have to do a FBA for your 13 year old it will be so worth it because it will look fantastic because it will fit! 🙂

LINK

Still working on finishing the large black messenger bag.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh yes I know you are right @withloveHeidi. I didn’t have to do one on the Bistro dress and it fits like a glove. But knowing how the big four work, she will need an fba because she is not a 14 through the shoulders etc and it would be more work to decrease the 14 than it would to increase the 10 or 12. Besides this, if the big four work more to rtw sizing, we’d definitely be barking up the wrong (size) tree as she is most certainly not a size 14 ladies in the top.

I am almost finished with my lisette pants. There is just a little more pattern altering to do for the next pair as I think the back waist is a little too low (and for the life of me can’t work out why it came to that). They look alright and feel good but they haven’t got the waistband on or been hemmed yet so they are not quite “road worthy”.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Oh the teenager and the fba. My poor girl has no chance. We’re a rather bosomy lot here! She will look lovely!!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

@cybele727 thankyou😀

LINK

I bought fabric to make at least 4 more messenger bags, this time I bought Star Wars fabric for added contrast! And it was my last day of work for the year I have a number of weeks ahead of me to hopefully sew 🙂

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Heidi you’re a machine! I’ve just completed one and feel so glad to be done with it.
    I was thinking of you as I sewed, though… I forgot about the side notches being out on the large pattern. Do you use them at all, or just ease the corners of the back panel onto the bag?

LINK

I don use them anymore. I did realise that the notches on the back flap match the notches but not the edge of the bag bit. I’ll try and member to get a picture using the notches for the next bag 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 5,701 through 5,715 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.