Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,686 through 5,700 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I love flannelette pj’s. Amy Butler flannel is amazing. I have some jammies that are onto their third owner.

I finished Beatrix’s ‘go’ on my rota, on to Matilda, starting with a Jumprope school dress.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

My kids wear interlock at night and our house is about 65f at night.

I have 6 in a clutches in production. I am doing it assembly line style. I love that little bag. I have 4 done and my closest friend wants 10 for gifts.

I’m suddenly feeling holiday pressure. But we’re accelerated because we are going on vacation from 12/15-12/20. Yikes!

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

If you are sewing two sets anyway…why not do a sleepover set in flannel, a pair of flannel shorts, and a field trip interlock top that all coordinate? Over the holidays my kids spend a lot of the early evening and mornings playing in their pajamas. My kids tend to sleep in tshirts but then put their warm flannel sleepover set over when they are out of bed.

LINK
    bren5kids @bren5kids

Happy Holidays to everybody! It’s been awhile since I’ve joined in the discussion forums.
    Roundtheworldgirl, have you discovered these American Girl patterns in your web-searching? http://www.agplaythings.com/ag%20patterns/dolldresspatterns.html They are official American Girl patterns for some of the old original characters. I’ve sewn from them and they are well-made, and the clothing fits nicely.
    Currently, I have cut out and am preparing to tackle a camo hunting jacket for my 15 yr old son. I’m using what is called “softshell” fabric. It is a water/windproof outer and fleece inner, at 20$ a yard the most expensive fabric I’ve ever sewn with! So I don’t want to mess it up. I’m using a Green Pepper pattern, and am trying to copy as many details as possible from my oldest son’s brand name hunting jacket.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

That sounds challenging but in a good way Brenda.
    I was reading and article recently that working on challenging projects may help prevent dementia. I cannot think of a nicer prevention.

I made some taslon Class Picnic shorts for Matilda’s end of year concert, last night (they are doing a Beach Boy medley) I had so much trouble with them and then realised it was the cheap Birch sewing thread. When I went back to Rasant, they sewed beautifully.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes I have handed most of my (used) Guterman threads to Imogen for her to sew with, now that we have a nearby Rasant stockist. I just wish I could find better overlocking thread😕

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

With the kids fed and watered early tonight, I might be able to get into the sewing room.

I have decided everyone in the immediate family will receive a clothing parcel from me this year, to boost up the closet choice and to save time on trying to find something else.

They will each get a pair of pj’s (boys will have sleep shorts)
    and an outfit each and only if there is time up the sleeve will they receive extra. This means I have to get on and finish what is waiting for me.

Those shorts are a calling…..

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Tamara.
    LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I spoke too soon! The power went kaput right in the middle of overlocking a pocket😕

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Hoping to sew some more on 2 small messenger bags for my SIL and MIL for Christmas presents.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Brenda – YES, I found those patterns! I used the jumper pattern for Molly (which was the original doll I owned) as the base for all the dresses I sewed and it worked great.

Good luck with your jacket. My husband has a soft shell that he loves – but it cost an arm and a leg; even $20 fabric is a bargain in comparison!

I am finding myself with too many things to sew and too little time. I should have made a schedule; instead I am bouncing from thing to thing and probably not progressing as quickly as I should. I currently have several WIPs (which isn’t like me at all) – in addition to some AG doll clothing, I’m working on a skirt for my 5-year-old, some sports-team potholders as a gag gift for my brother and a pair of slippers for my sister.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I had planned to sew during Chloë’s naptimes but unfortunately my melancholy mood has had me not getting to that point! I have been Christmas shopping online instead. Maybe I might feel a bit happier after I help the guys shift machinery home and will want to go and shut myself away after the baby goes to bed tonight. It is a little difficult with a infant imitating a magnet to do such things. I have so much to do!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Everyone is busy with holdiays and family (I am busy nursing a sore head).

I have been attempting to trace and cut patterns in a larger size for the baby now so I can get straight on with the fun stuff.

I should be sewing boy things (but I have lost my patience with vague instructions written by people who don’t normally speak English it seems). It is not thrilling me right now!

So the happy diversion of cutting into liberty fabric and exploring new summer clothing options has had my attention. And well that is just jolly good fun!

Anyone else sewing?

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’ve done another couple of seams on my messenger bags 🙂

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I”ve more or less completed the Christmas doll sewing (more or less because I still vaguely want to make a few accessories to go with the outfits – I really need to start making sewing plans so that I don’t waste so much time wondering what to start on next). I’m simultaneously trying to plan my kids’ outfits for the large family portrait we are doing with my husband’s side of the family over New Years. We are to stick to a palette of navy, gray and mustard yellow. I made a gray corduroy Lazy Days skirt for my younger daughter – instead of a ribbon hem it has a pleated tulle hem. I found a gray-and-white dotted cardigan in her closet to go with it. I would really like to have her wear mustard-colored tights but it turns out they are not so easy to source!

I ordered some mustard corduroy from Miss Matatabi last week – my first order from her shop ever because she was the only one with the right shade of yellow. That will be a skirt for my oldest (either Lazy Days or Hopscotch, haven’t decided yet) and perhaps a pair of Lullaby pants for the baby. Gabriel has gray Art Museums from our sewing fairy godmother that he will wear with a blue and white checked shirt and a rtw navy sweater vest that he already owned. My husband has denim and a gray flannel shirt. I have no idea what I will wear and as nothing fits I will either have to buy or make it.

Am just now printing out my newly-purchased School Bus pattern to make a gray tee for my oldest, to go with the yet-to-be-sewn mustard skirt.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Do you have any of the recent Lisette for Butterick patterns @roundtheworldgirl? If so then maybe grey lisette skirt or trousers with a nursing friendly (if needed) top in probably mustard if it suits your skin tone? Sounds exciting.

I have been busy cutting bottoms for the baby and am only now starting to sew them, starting with a pair of sailboat pants in (what seems to be) her signature colour of pink. It is all designed with a purpose of teaming with more than one top to allow for variety in her summer wardrobe.

I will cut something denim for her and sew them along with (gritting the teeth) much needed boy items. Hopefully I will have success this time.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,686 through 5,700 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.