Oliver + S

Needle Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    BeckyT @rjteague

Hello, I’m starting to sew on my Positano dress, using a rayon crepe. I bought some Microtex 70/10 needles, but my test seam shows mini-snags along the seam on the right side. Should I be using something else?

The image will not upload. The snags appear on the dark blue fabric as little dotted white lines horizontally to the seam.

• This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by BeckyT. Reason: Image did not upload
    • This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by BeckyT.
    Attachments:
    LINK
    BeckyT @rjteague

I wondered if the needle might be too sharp for this fabric. I bought some universal 65/9 needles. After a search I finally found someone else who had had this problem on Reddit. A commenter suggested lengthening the stitch, as well. These two changes made a big difference, so I can proceed with my project. 👍🏾

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

That seems like sound advice. Maybe try an all-purpose needle or even a ballpoint needle?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.