Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,716 through 5,730 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have two bags to make over the school hol’s. I will be in touch, Heidi, I am sure.

I have finished Matilda’s turn on the rota and I am on to Lidia. First up, a Sketchbook shirt with the Mandarin collar in Liberty.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Starting my first Star Wars messenger bag now πŸ™‚

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Sewed a pair of slippers for my sister for Christmas last night. Going to make another pair for my other sister. I also have two more American Girl doll dresses to make, and then a red ponte skirt for myself to wear for Christmas.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

You made slippers @roundtheworldgirl? Wow, did you blog them?

LINK

Slippers sound great! What pattern did you use?
    One Star Wars bag down and the next one partly cut πŸ™‚

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

@motherof5 @with-love-heidi No blog post yet but there will be one sometime soonish. I used this pattern. They turned out really cute but I found the pattern directions really confusing.

LINK

3 Star Wars messenger bags down and the next one pinned read to be cut out πŸ™‚

LINK

I put the last messenger bag aside and made myself shorts! I only had 2 pairs And wanted to wear them 3 days running, so instead of doing the washing I found some lovely dark green and made another pair of Colette Iris Shorts. I’m so glad I spend a whole weekend sorting out the fit of this pattern last summer because I could choose my fabric, cut it out and sew πŸ™‚
    Now I’m wearing my new shorts and they’ll get lots of use over the next few months.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

All this sewing so fantastic! Everyone is very productive at the moment which is pretty great!

I actually made something last night. It was a gift for Noah’s Secret Santa at school. They were studying recycling as part of their unit and so the gift had to be made from recycled products. What better than a size 6 pair of jeans I had in the upcycle pile. One hour later we had ourselves a little handbag made from them, complete with handles made from the legs. The pockets had rivets and glittered thread sewn into an intricate design so I just couldn’t resist using them.

The recipient loved it!

I am hoping to spend some time making a Christmas/ Birthday dress for miss ChloΓ« tomorrow. I have a piece of Liberty Nina in red that I have been itching to use. The pattern is still undecided but the size will be 12-18 months so she can grow into it and wear it throughout the summer.

I have a friend trying her hand at making Murray a button up shirt that has velcro at the shoulders so it is easier to slip on over the cast. If it is successful I might alter the pattern I was saving to use for his shirts and try one myself but that won’t be this week. I am afraid life has turned up the busy notch by several turns.

LINK

Wow Tamara, I’m impressed you found some time to sew! I hope you can work out the shirts and velcro, the side opening velcro pants I made my niece when she was in leg casts worked very well.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I didn’t really have a choice on the bag Heidi as it was the last day of school yesterday it was imperative or the recipient would have gone without her gift. I was going to make some decorated hair accessories but I just didn’t have the time. As it was the hour at night after the kids were in bed and the husband was showered (yes I have to help him to shower!) was a stretch. I was falling asleep!

I am hoping things will ease into some sort of system where I can afford to soend a couple of hours a day to my self amd sew. There is just so much to do and very little time now to do it. I will have to put the baby and husband to bed for a nap and sew then or something. We will work it out.

LINK
    thejennigirl @thejennigirl

I am finally feeling up to serious sewing again (kidney infection that would.not.clear.up; took 4 rounds of antibiotics!), with one week left to Christmas. This year is going to be weird to have so little handmade. However, I have made it my mission to make my daughter her Christmas dress (self-drafted pattern and it FITS!) that I worked on today and hope to finish tomorrow with bound buttonholes and self covered buttons, I still have all 3 kids Christmas Eve pjs (patterns are traced & graded, fabric purchased and washed), and I would like to make something for me, if I have time. Maybe I will get the pjs cut out tomorrow after I go grocery shopping and finish K’s Christmas dress.

Side note, sewing for a 12 year old girl who is very small for her age, and working around her developing figure is complicated. Vintage patterns have darts and grades for tween girls, but modern patterns seem to be developed with the theory that little girls are washboards right up until they magically morph overnight into full blown women. There is no middle ground. We’re too small (and short) for the juniors department, and too busty & curvy for gymboree. No point, really. Just knew a good few of you could commiserate with me.

*to clarify, she fits a vintage 1940s/50s size 8 girls/tween pattern perfectly thru the bodice, and I usually only need to add a couple inches to the skirt length. On the plus side, she is always in the front row at school performances! πŸ˜‰

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

My commiserations @thejennigirl. Round here we are too tall and busty!

LINK

Finishing off the last Star Wars messenger bag! Didn’t do much sewing over the weekend but enjoyed a day at the beach and dinner with our friends πŸ™‚
    2 sets of shorts and tees to go as well as Anna’s corronation dress and maybe a skirt for a birthday present. Hopefully it’ll all get done!

LINK

Bags all finished πŸ™‚
    Now thinking about drafting Anna’s pleated skirt!

Viewing 15 posts - 5,716 through 5,730 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.