Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,221 through 5,235 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Sounds lovley Nicole!

LINK
    Harmony @Harmony

I’ve cut out my first Seashore sundress. It’s also going to be my first experiment with piping, so wish me luck!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Good luck Harmony! It will work a treat!

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I love the Seashore Sundress pattern – can’t wait to see yours, Harmony!

I have been tossing through the stash for various reasons, and all of a sudden I am consumed with the desire to sew it all up! I’ve been doing a lot of knits lately. Yesterday I sewed myself a pair of knit pajama pants (all I want to wear these days) using an icandy-handmade tutorial. The rise on those things were super-low but I added a substantial yoga band and now I don’t want to take them off.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have just whipped up the tiniest music class skirt! Its so cute!

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Awww T, can’t wait to see that. I finished the Popover #8 last night, _ the one that didn’t make the post in time, and have spent most of day taking advantage of sunshine to chose fabrics for a variety of projects. Job done, but my feet are killing me, and the mess I was attempting to clean up is not much improved. But I think I’m ahead on points. Off to buy the Butterfly skirt/top from Urban Sew. Thank you to the forum members who are so good checking out patterns for sale on other sites, and telling those of us with a stingy data allowance.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I am half way through constructing skirt number two. Have taken a break to turn in for the night and listen to dh’s snores (oh joy!). I have given myself permission to get on with joining in the skirt challenge since I have been relieved of formal dress sewing duties (thank goodness for that).

This 2+2 skirt is in a light pink corduroy, a remnant I found (well it feel out at me) when I was looking for the mauve velveteen remnant I plan to use for another skirt. I did want to use a pink and grey plaid but couldn’t find the fabric which will most likely turn up when I don’t need to use it.

I am attempting to steer away from pink but somehow I keep coming back to it.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I just altered my son’s tap costume. The pants were so large that the crotch was at the knees and they fell down to his ankles. It has to be some of the worst sewing I’ve ever done, but to do it right would mean taking apart the entire waist band and zipper, and moving it all down. If I raised the crotch too high from the bottom, there would not be any fabric for the end part of the J.

So I compromised. They are still a big long in the rise, but they don’t look like it and they are no longer falling off his waist. He can move and dance in them, and they aren’t pulling.

Next stop.. hem the sleeves. It could use a better fit in the shoulders, but I am not putting that much effort into an already overly expensive piece of garbage. They really gouge you on these dance costumes. Especially the boys, because there is no embellishment to add to the cost.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Sounds like you did a servicable job cybele. That’s one thing I do miss about my childhood and that is tap dancing!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have just completed my second skirt for the challenge. It happens to be a first for me though as I haven’t had a proper opportunity to try out the 2+2 pattern. I forgot to add a tag though so I suppose I will have to find a suitable spot.

I used a really pretty piece of pink pinwale corduroy. Thank goodness for remnant pieces and small sized patterns to work with.

Next up, skirt number three. A tiny hopscotch.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

I’m not sure if the following fits into this thread but I wanted to tell the forum that all the things I made for the Maytime Fair sold well, and quickly, and were popular ie the stall manager would like some more of the same, next year. So my contribution raised $300; nearly 25% of the stall’s overall takings. Isn’t that cool? I’m told that the weather last Saturday was fine in Victoria, and that attendance at the Fair was excellent. Hopefully, the profits are too.

I’ve cut out two more Popovers for gifts, and another pair of size 4 culottes for the same child for whom I made the first pair. Had a long weekend tidying up all the fabrics I had pulled out for the Popovers, and some other quilting projects, and am slowly cutting out/up what I selected. Lots and lots of things to sew in my work room, right now. Nicole, your ‘vintage’ dress for Trixie looks absolutely lovely.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Good on you Fiona. I expect you will put a plan in place to sew things for the Mayfair throughout the year. It feels quite rewarding when your things prove to be popular.

I started the hot pink hopscotch skirt yesterday and had fully intended to finish it also. Alas I think we have some pearly white teeth coming as my poor baby has been terribly unsettled.

Today I plan to try and do some stitching but there are no guarantees as a 3 am wake up, stay up usually doesn’t agree well with me.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thanks Fiona, well done on your frocks doing so well.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I love hearing when someone’s sewing does well!

Our pant are servicable. That is all that matters. Up next in my sewing is a banner for first communion. My son designed his ideal and I promptly vetoed it as it was frankly impossible. At least for sewing. I almost said… here glue your drawings on the fabric.

I don’t remember ever making one for my first communion. I am never a fan of “student projects” that are far above their ability and are frankly “mommy projects.” I would so rather sew some cute clothes with O + S.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I made a banner for mine Jenny. My chaps just cut felt and glued it on.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,221 through 5,235 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.