Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    CILOU @CILOU

I’ve almost finished the bear carrier, my daughter will love it!

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Hello strangers

Since last posting I finished a pair of boys shorts. Now just in time for winter (hopefully) I am sewing two O&S raincoats simultaneously – both in different echino laminates (million dollar raincoats I hope we get rain this winter!!). I have been having a bit of skipped stitch trouble that I did not have with the Michael Miller (stiff and yucky) laminate I sewed them up in last year – I can only presume it is because the linen basecloth is thicker. I am using a leather needle and a walking foor… and my tension is really cranked up which seems to be helping. Any ideas?

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Mandy, I’m not Homefire but I’ve made a few swimsuits over the years. I’ve used Ottobre Design for swimsuits but I’ve heard good things about Kwik Sew and Jalie. I recently purchased Kwik Sew 3785 and plan to try that out this summer.

That’s my concern about making raincoats…it’ll be freakishly dry and by the time it rains again, the raincoats won’t fit! I bet they’ll look really smart when finished. No ideas on helping with the skipped stitches, what you’re doing sounds about right.

I’m considering sewing up the tutu in the Little Things to Sew book. I held out on purchasing it but after a trip to B&N the other day and looking through it, I couldn’t hold out any longer! MG’s bday is Friday and it’s her last day of ballet class that night so I thought a tutu would be a nice gift. I’m also planning on making the doxie necklaces from Wee Wonderfuls as party favors.

LINK
    thejennigirl @thejennigirl

Adding the Birthday Party Dress to my project list. Had to freeze sewing to get ready for a job interview (I got the job!), but now I’m back to my crazy stack of WIPs.

LINK
    homefire @homefire

Mandy, sorry it took me so long to get back here. I have not used a specific swimsuit pattern before. I just tweak something I already have. This year I used the free ottobre tank top, altered the back into a racer-back style and then made a half-cirlce skort for the bottoms. When I get them all done (I’m making two suits that are mix and match for each dd) I’ll put them on my flicker. If you’re looking for an actual pattern I have also heard very good things about Jalie and Kwik Sew. I understand they have excellent fit and instructions.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

Congratulations @thejennigirl on the new job!

I’ve sewed up three pairs of Nature Walk Pants this weekend. I ran out of elastic yesterday (i.e. I couldn’t find it in my jumble of stuff) so I finished up Sofia’s second (third) pair as far as possible and when I ran across a piece of elastic this morning while I was cleaning up a little I finished those as well.

She’s already wearing them so I might get an action shot in after she returns from swim class.

I have black velour that is pre-washed and dried and I think I’ll make a second pair for Isabel tonight.

This morning I’ve traced two sizes of Messenger Bags from Little Things to Sew along with a Tea Party Doll’s Dress, the Bear Carrier and the largest size Bucket Hat. (Sofia has a big head and should fit in the largest size. Isabel is half an inch larger around her head so I’ll make one for Sofia first and Isabel can try it on to see if I need to grade it.)

I don’t really like tracing but it needs to be done so I prefer to trace as much as possible in one go and have it done.

Isabel’s requested a doll’s dress (Kyoko by Modkid) and I’m making her and Sofia a Bear Carrier (same here – make one for Sofia according to the pattern and try it on Isabel to see how it fits).

I’m still mulling away on the bag for me – I haven’t decided yet how’s the best way to go about it. So for now I’m just thinking about it.

LINK
    Mandy1977 @Mandy1977

I just finished up two popover tunic tops for Anna and cut out her Easter dress last night. She’ll have the Bubble Dress in a french blue pique with piping at the neck and arms and a satin ribbon at the empire waist. Her brother is getting Madras Sketchbook Shorts. I was all geared up to make them last week, pulled out the pattern to draft and decided to measure him one more time to make sure he’s still a 4. He’s not.

DOH! So off I went to the trusty Internet to get the bigger pattern and I’ll be sewing his shorts next week. 🙂

I’m bound and determined not to be sprinting to the finish line with these Easter outfits! We’ll see…..

LINK
    homefire @homefire

I just finished up a jumprope dress in knit and it came out perfect! I just posted it in the flicker group if you want to take a look. I also have Easter dress #1 almost done. I reverted back to a big 3 pattern and have to make a LOT of adjustments to get the fit right. Then it’s on to Easter dress #2 AFTER I do a good house cleaning today.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Something pretty.a Music Class Blouse for Miss E.

LINK
    emstone @emstone

I finally finished my first pair of Puppet Show shorts in light pink quilters cotton this past weekend. They look sook cute and my daughter wore them all Sunday. She was very happy about the pockets and finding small things to put in them. I was so so happy about how they turned out that I cut out another pair in khaki cotton and one in chambray. They will be the perfect pair of shorts for the summer, especially while working on potty training! I finally finished the Easter dresses for my 2 girls and I just ordered all the summer patterns from my LQS. Can’t wait to start working on them. I created a Flickr account the other day and I will try and upload pictures of the shorts once they have been washed.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

No sewing here – I just finished ironing 15+ yard of fabric that I’ve been too slack to fold and put away until I can use it. Trying to decide if I’m going to trace patterns or skip the sewing in favour of Torchwood with the husband.

The way my head feels tonight I think Torchwood is the way to go – I’d only muck it up if I tried tracing today.

Thousands of plans though Hopscotch tops and dresses, School Photo Dress for Sofia and Family Reunion Dresses for them both for Easter. I have next week off from work to be with the girls but chance would have it that they’re spending the better part of the week at grandpa’s so I get to sew in peace. Here’s to hoping I get a productive three days then!

LINK
    mle bb @mle bb

I just finished a Bubble Dress (http://www.flickr.com/photos/36064249@N03/5616834122/in/photostream) I love this little dress. Now I am starting to work on some kimono PJs for my cousin’s four year old!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I finished the Music Class blouse. Miss E requested a different sleeve so it ‘morphed’ a little with the Lisette Market blouse.

Quite a bold print,but I think she will carry it.

Good luck with the sewing Lotta!

I am off to look at your dress mie bb!

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Lotta, Sounds like you’ll have some quiet time to sew! I’m hoping for a little bit of that next week too. The kids will all be home from school but they’ve been begging grandma to have sleepovers at her house.

I’ve cut out my good fabric for the Lisette Passport dress and I have a Jumprope dress cut out for M. K’s knockoff dress is half way done and I’m diligently working on B’s smocked dress. I’m hoping to finish it all in time for Easter Sunday!

LINK
    sewinginthecity @sewinginthecity

Hi Everyone,

I’m back after a long break from sewing. I made dance costumes in Dec and after a lot of struggle they turned out quite nice. I had to take a break after that because I realized my child was eating take out too much and needed home cooked food more than new dresses. I got the book, though, and am having fun using materials I’ve never used before for the bento box (which I hope she will be using to carry home-cooked food!) It’s been great seeing all your work on Flickr that I missed and I hope to add my own soon!

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.