Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,711 through 4,725 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Princess sewing done for now – I did Elsa’s ice dress and Anna’s coronation dress for the girls’ birthdays. I really have come to hate princess sewing, if we are honest. I do have to come up with a Rapunzel dress for my niece but that is not until next month.

older sister has outgrown most of her fall dresses so we picked out some aqua cord and purple cord, for the bodice and skirt, respectively, of the Playtime dress. I guess that is next, but I have to pick up my machine from the shop first.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

You are a marvel Masha! xx

Still plodding away at Hugo’s shorts but I am seriously impressed with the instructions. I am just using a standard finish but there are full instructions for French seams and welted? seams for you lovers of a fine finish.

I am in love with the pocket facing sewn to the pocket lining, swoon!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Those pants sound very well thought out, I’ll have to keep them in mind as the kids I sew for need mens sizing πŸ™‚

I’m sewing for myself today πŸ™‚ I’m working on a short sleeved tee while reading about autism, dyslexia, ADD and visual thinking!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes another one for the list of patterns to keep in mind. My son would be fitting them even now (perish the thought! He’s nine for heaven’s sake!)

After a horrid night (my poor hubby was down with gastro) I was planning on sewing something but I think I will just trace patterns instead. The school days jacket pattern in 6-12 months and a few others today. My sister seems to think that the 0-3 size puppet show outfit will fit the baby provided I use disposables so when I feel more awake I will work to complete it.

I will most likely cut out some daygowns too and maybe move my sewing machines to the dining table to put together some bishop style daygowns and angel tops to smock and put together at leisure. It is something I keep meaning to do but just don’t get there.

I then have to really sort out the fit for those shorts for Noah! I had to cut my pattern alterating short due to visitors arriving but will have to resume it next week at the very earliest. Good clothes are also planned for both big kids – just to be prepared (I filled you in in the news thread).

So it is going to be a lazy do not a lot kind of day which is just find with me. Shades of things to come this getting up every two hours business.

LINK

I’m sewing a faux wrap dress, based on my favourite dress, for my 6 year old niece for Christmas. After seeing me wear mine one day she asked for one “in purple, with 2 layers (on the front) and a ruffle (on the bottom)”. Hopefully it will live up to expectations πŸ™‚ I’m using MIP Big basic tee as my basis.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Good luck Heidi, what a sweetheart you are!

I spoiled my Goddaughter rotten with sewing when I was trying to have children of my own.

I am still plodding on with the Jedediah shorts, we have had colds so I am only getting an hour or so, here and there.

I must admit it was not the smartest sewing choice with a new born, I am wondering if I should cut and sew Trixie a Swing Set skirt whilst I have dark thread on my machine as a palate cleanser…..

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

I’m loving participating in the Cinema Sew-Along, I had to catch up a bit today as yesterday Ellie was a basketcase and I wasn’t able to finish the assigned sewing. The welt pockets have such a nice finish, this is a brilliant pattern. And the eggplant Andover chambray I’m sewing it up in is so lovely to work with.

Once the dress is done, it’s back to Halloween sewing – 3 cozy winter (bear) hoods for Mama, Papa, and Baby bear!

LINK

Thanks Nicole! I finished it and it is lovely. I would definitely wear it if I had made it my size πŸ™‚ Now to get photos of the girl’s dress and my original dress!

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

Trixie definitely needs a swingset skirt, and hey, you can add it to the Size 5 Project:)

Halloween costumes, ugh. I am complementing (copying) an Elsa costume from the flickr group and I thought it would be fun to try out french seams, right, fun. Of course the crepe is impossible to get hold an ironing, so as it turns out, not the best fabric for french seams. Next up, Olaf, Anna and a Minion- all by next Friday, wish me luck, haha.

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

Aww…I’ve never sewn with crepe so I have no idea how it is to work with. So glad that at least this year, Ellie is still too young to have an opinion on costumes – and tho we own the Frozen dvd, we’ve only watched it 3-4 times, so she’s not obsessed with Elsa. My sister (who I recently got to start sewing with O+S patterns) is currently working on Elsa & Anna costumes/dress up outfits for her two girls, using the Hide & Seek pattern and copying a version of the Elsa dress from the Flickr pool.

Brit, Olaf and Anna are my favorite characters from the movie, it will be fun to see your interpretations!

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

I have never actually seen Frozen, can you believe it? The kids watch it at their grandparents, though we watch the ‘Let it go’ song quite a bit each day on chromecast. Your sister and I are probably using the same dress for inspiration;) I tried to get my older boy to be one of the boys from the movie (don’t know the names, ha!) but he didn’t like that idea or else I would have talked my oldest in to the reindeer. I miss when my kids didn’t have opinions, enjoy it while you can! I am happy that the twins will still go as complementing characters, it’ll be a sad day when they wont do that anymore.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I wish I had little girls to dress up as Anna or Elsa. It would make dress ups exciting. By the time this cherub is old enough to want costumes there will be some other Disney phenomenon to go with. My kids are begging me to let them go to the Halloween party at the youth centre – we don’t really do halloween but it is growing in popularity and they watch and hear their friends talk about it so it is natural they want to join in. Fortunately one costume involves cardboard – she wants to go as a Pokemon ball (whatever that is. And to me it is hardly scary!) i don’t know what N wants to dress as but I suggested a ballerina because boys in drag would be fun but he may just be a contender for the scariest costume comp? – he laughed and knew I was not at all serious. You can tell I am having dress sewing withdrawal.

What I am sewing is lots of angel tops and smocked things for the baby in order to get ahead and be a little organised because there is talk I won’t be making the 40 week mark. So I am just going hammer and tongs making baby things.

I also have to sew some big kid clothes – preferrably before November as there is a high school orientation camp happening and I am sure it wouldn’t be appropriate trudging around in the bush in the rainbow maxi dress – thankfully she is not here to rool her eyes at me! Shorts and t shirts sometime between now and then, in abundance for both kids. I haven’t shown her yet but I am suspecting the bento tee might be a bit of a hit. I am hesitant to sew any post baby clothes for me because of whether or not they will actually fit or not but I will be happy to make Imogen one.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh I forgot! I made myself a preggie maxi skirt today using the metro t shirt pattern I had already made bump worthy. Next I want to sew another maxi dress in pink and black stripe – the current one is just so jolly comfortable.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

It has been a good bit since have sewn a O+S pattern but I have been sewing. I know these are not O+S patterns but I am very excited and what to share these with my sewing friends! I have been pattern testing for Ellie Inspired and look who is on the cover of some of their new patterns! Caspian, EEPP!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/207355313/jack-frost-knickers-pdf-pattern-ellie?ref=shop_home_active_6

https://www.etsy.com/listing/207355165/buttons-bows-bodysuit-pdf-pattern-ellie?ref=shop_home_active_7

and he is in this pattern too https://www.etsy.com/listing/207355597/dasher-and-dancer-dungaree-pdf-pattern?ref=shop_home_active_9

Now I am off to finish sewing my costumes this weekend for two middle boys. Wyatt needs a pair of sail boat pants for his leprechaun costume.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Oh Tamara I juts seen a baby Elsa dress the other day. It was cute! Her mommy had crotched a “French braid” hat for her even. It was made with baby onsie pattern in a knit.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,711 through 4,725 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.