Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,681 through 4,695 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I finished the skirt and top of the Elsa coronation “dresss”! https://www.flickr.com/photos/73669617@N07/15396109102/in/pool-oliverands

I’ve got plans to make the corronation cape too but need some more mindless sewing first! So now I’m making another seashore sundress in size 6-12m, but other than lining it, as per the instructions! More sewing less thinking 🙂

LINK
    honeymadeit @honeymadeit

I am so not happy. I bought Halloween fabric from Hancock’s last month and wasn’t watching when they cut it. I am making 4 little skirts for my nieces and granddaughter. That fabric was cut so off grain I now don’t have enough to do what I had in mind. I can’t get back to a fabric store for at least a week and I was hoping they could wear their skirts Friday. Instead of tired skirts I am going to have to make them color blocked. I feel like I only got half of what I paid for. When one hires someone to work at a fabric store you would think one would teach them how to cut the fabric. Scream Scream Scream!!!!!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Oh you think that’s bad! I was at Soho Purl. Bought a half yard of Liberty. I flew home and went to use it. Off grain cut- lost 6 inches. I emailed them and said I would never buy on line, if I can’t trust people who work there to know enough to cut on grain.

LINK
    honeymadeit @honeymadeit

That would have made me cry. That Liberty is way out of my price range. I hope you at least got your money back.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

6 whole inches of Liberty! I would be crying too!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Right! This is like the fifth time I have tried to message (big grumpy smilie here). I do not like the update on my ipad! (whinge whine).

Cybel I feel your pain. That happens to me quite often at Spotlight although this is certainly not where you would find lovely liberty.

I made a maxi dress with the metro t shirt pattern today. To fit me and the bump! It worked out well but the overlocker got a big hungry on the neckline so I want to do a good copy asap.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am working on my OB and midwife thank you gifts.

Stitch Society patterns are very handy for the not so naturally crafty.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Pink Chalk Fabrics will no longer be selling fabric and has Liberty on for $29.56 a yard. I actually traced the family reunion dress and might even cut the fabric tonight. First time sewing since the beginning of August.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

If anybody’s wondering, you can get a size 5 Bubble out of a single yard of Liberty and have a good-sized square left over for quilting, a Hide and Seek bodice maybe, a coin purse … “just sayin”

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

It’s too hot to do anymore housework today (37 degrees c) so I am going to lock myself in the sewing room where the air con has been on for a good while and sew. I have baskets of cut out things for baby (don’t panic not alot of items) so I might carry on with that or I might do something else – where ever the breeze (or in this case lack of it) takes me!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have finished the gift sewing and they are wrapped and ready for next weeks appointment in the city. I will make some biscuits the day before too, one jar for labour ward, one jar for Post Natal and one for the Mids in SBCU3.

Last night I glued my Thread Theory Jedediah trouser PDF together, Hugo is next on the rota and he would like some new school shorts.

Can you believe he is still wearing the Sketchbook-with-a-fly shorts I made him?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/8088202773/in/set-72157636311723594 and they will only need new elastic and then will hand down to the Twins.

LINK
    honeymadeit @honeymadeit

I forgot you call cookies biscuits. LOL I was scratching my head wondering why you would take biscuits as a gift. Unless, of course you have some jelly or jam to go with them. I only have the elastic to put in for my second lazy day skirt. Two more to go after that.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sorry, I strongly hang on to my English vernacular 🙂

https://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/15228924748/#

LINK
    honeymadeit @honeymadeit

Yum! What kind are they. The kids are asking for oatmeal raisin. I think I will make them some this weekend. And I love the way you talk. I just need translation sometimes.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

White chocolate and macadamia, with rolled oats added, they look pretty chunky and ordinary but I love watching peoples faces when they bite into them. A bit pricey to make but the best things always are, Liberty fabric……

(And thank you) xx

Viewing 15 posts - 4,681 through 4,695 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.