Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Thank you, Nicole! Looking now.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I started for real on my School Days Coat for Sofia last night. I made the hood on Sunday night and yesterday I decided to brave my buttonhole presser foot.

I was happy to see the machine cooperate and pretty soon I had three nice tabs with buttonholes on them.

Then I went on to make the front panels and got the right one done when Rickard went downstairs and booted up the tv. I told him I just wanted to get the left front panel done to the same steps I had the right one (easier to get going again the next day).

But of course I ended up getting the back panel done too and then “I’ll just sew the shoulders too”.

I had to stop there because otherwise I would have done the whole thing and husband would have been *sadface*. (I would have been *happyface*)

Although he was playing around with his new iPhone that he got at work. So he was occupied either way.

Side seams and pockets tonight. Sleeves if all goes well. And then lining.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Your sewing ‘mojo’ has returned with a vengence, Lotta!

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I hope so Justine! It’s been so horribly cold here for a few days (well, it’s only -1C but with the wind on top of it, it feels like -10C) and I think I’ll make the girls some mittens from the Oliver + S book. They look cute and easy enough.

I have some nice wool and lots of the fleece to go around.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Won’t it be nice for us in the Northern Hemisphere when spring is truly here and we can put aside all this cold weather sewing? I’m so ready to start in on sundresses and light weight, breezy tops!

I have a pair of pants for my middle daughter that I’m hoping to finish today and then it’s time to start on my first time using the City Weekend knit for a top for my oldest daughter. So far, I’m loving the feel of the fabric. It’s definitely nicer than the rest of my knit stash!

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

@beachmom I will settle for just spring coming around. The sewing of spring and summer related clothing will be just a perk in comparison. I’m so darned tired of this cold weather.

I fear we have another 2 months (almost) of cold weather before us here in my neck of the woods though. (South Sweden).

Which sucks.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

So I finished the coat for Sofia, asked her to try it and she did, but couldn’t take it off soon enough. *sigh* I hope it was just a temporary thing because she’s feeling a bit crummy.

I stayed home with her today and made her matching mittens as well.

What to sew now?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Nearly finished the uniforms,just the skirts on the view A dresses to go!

I would have been finished(I think),but we had a party and Miss E NEEDED (in her words)another Ruffled Halter in some pink/white check linen. It was a cabbage,and had some manufacturer stamps printed on it that I had to jiggle around,but I still made it,from cutting out to complete, in 2 hours!

I am so keen to do more sewing but I have an extra little girl at the moment,and she is a bit busy to sew. She needs constant watching,but she is very sweet!

I am sure Sofia will warm up to the coat Lotta!

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

An extra little girl, Nicole? Is she of the human variety? Or have you got a new puppy?

I hope she will. But I’m not going to hold it against her if she doesn’t. Sure it took time, but the materials were fairly cheap and to be fair, she didn’t ask me to make it.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Not a puppy,Lotta.

A friend is threatening premature labor,so I am minding her 2 year old.

She is very sweet but full on and doesn’t comprehend ‘No’ at all.

What a wonderful mother you are Lotta,I would be very cross! I suppose you could donate it and look at it as a wearable muslin?

LINK
    Mandy1977 @Mandy1977

Nicole, I hope your friend holds off on her labor! That’s a scary thing!

Lotta, I’m sure your daughter will come around! Beachmom – I couldn’t agree more! I’m willing Spring to get here by starting on the sewing now!

I almost finished my first pair of Puppet Show shorts today and they are even cuter in real life! I have challenged myself to make all of our daughter’s clothes for this Spring and Summer. It’s daunting and exciting at the same time! Our son has gotten a TON of hand me downs from his cousins and so it’s just “one more thing in the drawer” (you know that I mean?) to sew anything besides special occasion things for him at the moment.

On the docket for our 18 month old…

3 pairs of Puppet Show Shorts

2 pairs of Sailboat “Capris”

1 2+2 Skirt

1 Popover Top

2 Short Sleeve Knit Sailboat Tops

2 2+2 Short Sleeve Tops (One in Woven and one in CW Knit)

2 Bubble Dresses for Church (one of them being her Easter dress)

For our 4 year old…

Madras Sketchbook Shorts for Easter

We’ll see how it goes. The “Naptime Gods” are definitely going to have to be on my side! 🙂 I’m really looking forward to it!

Mandy.

LINK
    violetvata @violetvata

Working on a cape from the little things books, red pendleton wool with gingham lining for my littlest boy who asked for it. Adding topstitching on the top layer seams as it is so bulky and trying to figure out what to do for a button for a boy. I have some “cover-able” buttons but the wool is too thick to use, so maybe a tiny pirate ship from soem japanese kokka pirate fabric or his letter “A” embroidered on linen??? Remarkably not girly in the heavy weight wool with lots of topstitching, I think in navy or blue any boy could pull it off. Everyone already thinks mine is a girl b/c he likes his hair long! Cant wait to send pics when it is done!! Also cut some linen sailboat pants from an old pair of daddys and am working on modifying the 2+ 2 into summer cover-ups for my boys!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sounds gorgeous violetvata! I ALWAYS dressed my son in smart things when he was little,I received a few girly comments but he wasn’t bothered so neither was I!

My twins were 34+ weeks Mandy so I was only 2 weeks in hospital with them. She is only 29 weeks and she just doesn’t get it!

It is very scary,she keeps saying ”the baby is viable”,I don’t think she has really given it too much thought at all!

I am really worried for her.

On a nicer subject,what a lovely lot of sewing you have planned! I like setting goals too,and putting them on the forums is a nice little reminder.

I am really looking forward to seeing what you make.

X N

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Violetvata, that sounds so intriguing in the dark colorway! I can’t wait to see it! Especially the buttons you come up with!

Nicole, eeks! 29 weeks is scary! When Maria was in the hospital we saw SO many itty bitties it was SO scary! M was VERY sick at one point, but as sick as she was, it definitely puts things into perspective sometimes seeing the little tiny ones–She was born at 37w & a hefty 8lbs, and there were quite a few 24weekers–they were just heartbreakingly tiny. We always laughed at the nurses because they forgot how heavy she was compared to the other babies.

Ok, sorry, off my sappy tangent! 😀 I hope they can get your friend to keep incubating quite a bit longer!

This reminds me, I’m working on the Music Class blouse, and forgot to lengthen it! *sigh* It fits perfect from the chest up (and the sleeves, but it’s a bit tight in the belly and too short. (She has an abdominal birth defect that still isn’t surgically corrected, so shirts need to be lengthened and I need to check the larger sizes and see if I can make some adjustments. I’m just glad I was using my cheap fabric—-although it WAS a really cute red w/ white polka dots!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Why not leave it open over a Popover dress?

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.