Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Rpankow @excytin

Maraya: I would love to have some Modern Workshop in my stash! I just happen to have been sitting on this fabric for almost a year now. When the coat pattern had come out, I immediately was on a laminate hunt. At the time there wasn’t near the selection there is now. Is it wrong to buy fabric in hopes you can use it a year to 2 years from now? You’re welcome on the info!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Are you kidding? I have a stash that is nearly a year and a half old because my eyes are bigger than my stomach when it comes to some collections. I can’t sew nearly as quick as I can click ‘Purchase’. 🙂

LINK
    thejennigirl @thejennigirl

Well, over the past week, I did some fabric shopping, lots of cutting, and I have waiting to be sewn:

Tea Party sundress for Easter, Tea Party sunsuit for Easter, Sketchbook shirt for Easter, Jumprope dress in orange linen, Sailboat skirt in yellow duck cloth, Puppet Show bloomer shorts in brown cotton bottom weight, and Sketchbook pants in grey cordaroy.

DH’s uniforms are on hold until we know where some things with him are going, unless I decide it’s an emotional project I want to undertake.

I also bought some adorable cotton for $1/yard today (Lordy, I *love* clearance bins!) to make my youngest some pajamas (just need to order that pattern, too. Dang this current finance tightening keeping me from getting every ordered that I wanted this weekend!) and some black with white polkadots cotton for new napkins for the kitchen.

Probably not going to start sewing until later on this week, maybe next weekend when DH has the kids out of town, but hopefully sooner.

LINK
    millie @millie

Yesterday I hemmed some lengthened Sailboat trousers for my 6.5 yr old son. (size 7) I had buttons sewn on that I decided to change too.

Also for the last few days I had been working on two Puppet Show tunics for my 2.5 year old twins(size 3T). This pattern took way longer than I anticipated. I suppose I should have paid attention to the 3 scissors on the envelope….but they were so worth it. I used up some fabric from my stash, that I wasn’t mad about and I’m sort of sorry now. They don’t wear dresses much and I find tunics great for wearing over tops in cooler weather, and then on their own with shorts in summer. I learned several things during the making of these. Always a good thing!

Yesterday afternoon when I had all of those finished, I decided to make my first Sailboat top for my son (size 8)…I wasn’t expected to love it much, but as I put it together I was amazed…I love it so much! I used narrow grey/blue striped jersey and all the facings are white/grey/blue striped shirting…he chose yellow buttons!!! He said…”Yellow is not usually my colour, but I’d like to try wearing some!” Poor lad has been sick with some nasty virus, so it was nice to include him in the choices he felt able. He is up jumping around this morning, so hopefully on the mend.

I am going to try his Sailboat top on my eldest girl (8), if it fits I may make her one. We are off to visit my sister for a few days during midterm, so I need to start packing soon!

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I just cut out a School Days Coat (size 6) for my 3 yo. The fleece I picked for the lining feels scarily stretchy and unwieldy, but I’ll give it a go.

I also decided to double plain fleece and acetate lining inside the sleeves for easier dressing.

I just have to cut out the sleeves for the lining and I’m good to go.

LINK
    homefire @homefire

I just finished up two Popover Sundresses for the girls and I have two Ice Cream tops cut and waiting for me. After those I’m going to take a little break from that pattern, I’m starting to get lazy on the details. After that I think I’ll get busy on Easter outfits. I have the terrible habit of waiting till the last min. for everything so hopefully they’ll be done on time.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oh you must be weeny Homefire!

I am still plodding away on the Jumprope school dresses,They do look very crisp …. but that is the nicest thing one can say about them!

Miss L is delighted and keeps asking if she can wear one tomorrow,so that is lovely.

Next is a bundle of Hopscotch tops and a Nature Walk for Son&Heir all made from C W.

LINK
    Loralee @Loralee

Nicole, which CW fabric are you using for Son&Heir? Can’t wait to see the latest.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am using the Cafe dots in the turquoise and blue colour way Loralee. His choice,I would have rather used the blue and yellow,but I told him he could choose….

I am very excited about the Modern Workshop too!

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I just placed two fabric orders for City Weekend! Both in woven and knit. Happy Birthday to me! (not for a few more days but I placed the order today)

I’m making a red Jump Rope Dress or School Photo Dress for Sofia or another School Photo Dress for Isabel from that gorgeous red Park Ramble print.

And I got some gold Park Ramble knit for a Bedtime story PJ or a Hopscotch Dress for Isabel.

And finally, whoever doesn’t get the red Park Ramble dress will get a yellow dress instead. I just have to decide which girl looks best in which colour.

*skips and jumps*

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Happy birthday Lotta!!! Great pressie!!!!:)

Can’t wait to see what dress you decide to make

Still on a ‘slow sew’ here! Time seems to be in very short supply, I’m afraid! (but house is looking cleaner!)

I did draft the music class blouse and skirt for Rosie yesterday, as well as the 2+2 blouse for Lucy (yes, I know, I still haven’t made it for her – I’ve only made one for Rosie!)

Maybe tomorrow….

LINK
    homefire @homefire

Nicole, agreed, I AM a weeny but those tops will be my 5th go at the pattern in a week in a half. Honestly, how much of one pattern can a girl have in her closet LOL? (not counting school uniforms of course)

LINK
    homefire @homefire

Happy B-Day Lattemama!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I’ve been on a knitting kick for a while, so not as much sewing. Just finished a trial run of lengthened Sailboat pants, by request of grandma, who worries about the baby’s ankles getting cold. They came out great! I’m now going to try to make a pair in wool, so it’s time to snoop around the forums and see what others have done with lining.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

If you check out Saliboat Pants in the forum there is a brilliant method of lining explained,Sarvi,I wish I could knit ….

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.