Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    AngelEden @AngelEden

Just finished a pair of bedtime story pyjamas, particularly pleased with them as I made them out of old sheets. Sounds funny, but with a bit of dye it worked brilliantly. Take a look at my blog if you want to see the results.

Next I’m making another couple of pairs for my older children, although they have chosen out their fabric so no recycling this time. I love them, so quick, so comfy.

After that I’m moving onto summer dresses,

Abi

LINK
    millie @millie

I am in the middle of making a Nature Walk sweater for my 6 year old son. I have just finished hand-stitching the inside of the collar. Hopefully I will get a chance to finish it tomorrow. I am using fleece for the main part, and corduroy for the inside of the collar and the facings.

He was so excited to get a pattern “just for boys”! I did warn him that I would be using it for his 3 sisters too, but he was still excited about a pattern just for him!

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

I’m finishing up a Sunday Brunch jacket and I have the skirt cut out and waiting. I also have a pair of pants from the new Ottobre Design waiting to be sewn.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Down to sewing very last seam on baby’s red bubble dress for CNY!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oooh, cannot wait to see this one!

LINK
    homefire @homefire

Summer Clothes! Ice is pelting my window, the thermometer is dropping, and I’m picking out light summery cottons and LOVING it:) Don’t get me wrong, I love winter but there’s nothing like little summer dresses when you get weary of wearing socks and digging around for that one mitten that always seems to turn up missing.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Finished the Swing Set top and blogged the making.

That took nearly as long as to make it with our slow country internet!

On to the skirt tomorrow!

LINK
    Loralee @Loralee

Homefire, so true! I’m already thinking of warm weather clothes but I have to finish up the cord fabric so they make it through winter. Ho hum. Done in hopscotch, sandbox and the music box so at least I can be excited about the pattern. I’m dreaming of light cottons, too.

I do have some Liberty fabric that I bought my 10 y.o.* for her birthday (her fave present!) but I’m nervous to get started with it. The music class pattern that I’m using just came in and I’m a wee little bit intimidated by the fabric and pattern. I may do it up first in another fabric because I would never forgive myself if it was wasn’t perfect or very close. 😉

Off to practice buttonholes!

*oops! My said my daughter was 10! She’s 11 and I’m in denial. Eek.

LINK
    Rebecca W @craftalittle

I started and finished my first hopscotch top on my new serger last night. i love it, but Little Helper won’t try it on. She is disappointed that there aren’t matching pants (making a pj set for her). Guess we all know what I am doing next!! I also have 2 more hopscotch tops cut in City weekend pink polka dot- one for each girl. The first one is in some cute bear fabric that Little Helper picked out at JoAnn’s. I will get a photo up once she can be tricked into modeling it.

LINK
    millie @millie

I am just finished my second fleece Nature walk sweater..my 2 kids wore them today to swimming lessons, they were perfect…easy off, easy on and nice and snug afterwards.

I have also just finished a muslin for a Colette Negroni shirt, for my husband. Next up is possibly two Nature Walk sweaters for my twin girls. I also traced the Nature Walk pants for my eldest daughter…I have some velour which I might try…we’ll see.

Of course I also have the real Negroni shirt to make too, but I am participating in a sew-along for that. It will be short-sleeved…another person thinking of summer!

LINK
    Rebecca W @craftalittle

oh velour!! I would like to see that- and know how it is to sew with! I don’t have the nature walk pattern- yet!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Ohh, velour I have a 20 yard roll in my boxroom, I just need to dye it! I think Nature Walk pants in velour would be gorgeous!

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

Millie- I made some of the Nature Walk Pants in Velour. My daughter tells me that it’s like wearing water, it’s so comfortable.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johanna_e_olson/5343896025/

LINK
    millie @millie

Thanks everyone…Johanna, those are lovely pants, thanks for the link. She has had velour trousers before, some I have made (ottobre pattern) and some hand-me-down Boden ones…They are always a favourite, but at 8 and a half, I find she has to choose what shoes and tops to wear them with, very carefully…They quite often look like pajamas/pyjamas! Not a reason not to make them though!

The velour I have is a lovely mid blue. I am thinking of making the twin girls Nature walk pullovers inn velour too, I have remnants of purple and teal, too small for much else. That is the great thing about the pullover pattern, you can use pieces too small for other things, because of the colour-blocking.

I could probably squeeze the pants out of the teal and purple velour, but the last velour pants I made them, they refused to wear…at age 2!!!

LINK
    bren5kids @bren5kids

I am just sitting down to sew up a dress for myself, a very summery cotton. My husband and I are going to Africa the beginning of March for a couple weeks, so I need some cool linen or cotton dresses. Feels funny to be sewing them in the middle of winter 🙂 Next up, some beautiful City Weekend Park Ramble in the river blue colorway, my very favorite print and color in the whole CW collection. I actually have the Park Ramble in every color but the pale yellow, but the river blue is the only one that I got enough yardage of for myself. Unless I can somehow figure out how to squeeze a dress for myself out of 2 yds…..hmmm…..

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.