Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Good idea Jan!!!! I’ve found that sometimes you just need to move on (and finish the other stuff later of course!)

I cut out 2 plain white long sleeved sketchbook shirts last night – not the most exciting thing but I did have fun making these before!

Drafted the Anna tunic for myself today šŸ™‚

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Bubble dresses! And I am having a ball!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Oh Nicole, I think you are likely to convince me that I should track this pattern down!!

I am down to pulling elastic through on the Sketchbook shorts for Niblet and then I can’t decide. (I used a sand colored quilting cotton by French General and boy does it look good with a pressing. You really do have to love the good fabrics for that!) I feel like I’m just torturing myself if I start something new (have one more exam and an assignment coming due), so I’m considering drafting the 2+2 and Playdate patterns. Those are the only 2 left that I don’t have traced in her size and it’s nice to get that out of the way.

But then again, the ruffle halter is quick, and I did just get new fabrics with this one in mind…

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Mel , have a peek at my blog!

LINK
    daisygirl78 @daisygirl78

Oh dear, I am sewing NOTHING right now, and I feel terrible! I’ve just returned from a week-long stint in the hospital with pneumonia, and I have strict orders for rest from the doctor. So please keep reporting and Flickr’ing, because now I have to live vicariously through you for the next while!

-Susanne

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Oh, Susanne! Poor you! I know how you feel – I’ve been sick for 5 weeks (whole of the school hols!) – chest infection which my dr said I’m lucky didn’t turn into pneumonia! It must be then ‘in thing’ at the moment because a good friend has had the same šŸ™ – I’m sure everyone here will do their best to keep you entertained!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Oh Mel – find the bubble dress pattern – I have to say it was never on my fav list but after seeing some on flickr I changed my mind! It’s fun to make and looks so cute on šŸ™‚

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Poor Susanne, healing hugs beaming your way!

xn

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Wow, Susanne and Justine, that’s terrible! Feel better soon!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oh yes, to you too Justine!

LINK
    daisygirl78 @daisygirl78

Chest infections of the world, unite! Thanks for the well-wishes, and hope you’re feeling better soon too, Justine!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Nearly finished my three Bubble dresses.

Next is either school tunics made in the Jumprope dress pattern (both views) or another Swing Set top and skirt for Small One. Her birthday is in two weeks, she will be seven, but the size five fits her beautifully with a few inches added to the hem.

She has chosen C W in the pink Ice Cream Shop for the top and pink Cafe Dots for the skirt.

What are you sewing (or dreaming of sewing) now?

LINK
    millie @millie

I am sewing my 2 and a half year old twin girls, two Sunday Brunch jackets in corduroy. I am just finishing them. It is my first attempt at this pattern, and I am really pleased with how they are turning out.

I am hand quilting a Stacked Coin quilt for a friend’s baby boy.

I am almost finished (apart from a bit of hand sewing) a Colette Crepe dress. I used some very sheer cotton/silk fabric (had to line it fully)…I have decided that I am not good with very delicate fabric…How it has survived this far I don’t know!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I saw those jackets! Gorgeous Millie!(love your name ,by the way, if we have another it may be a Millie)

Cutting out Jumprope School dresses and making brooches for the Bubble dresses today( and missing the Fab 4, back at school).

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Sewing some boy shorts with a decent zip instruction as a trial for making the man version for my man in a great echino fabric (having ditched the Burda pattern in frustration) – doing the 7 year old a lovely pea green corduroy version. Also sewing a natural linen version of the Village Frock for my god daughter’s first birthday. I have traced out size 3 of the playdate dress pattern and am very excited as I haven’t sewn this pattern yet! Now what fabric to use from my bloated stash… Then I need to make 3 raincoats for winter and another version of the school photo dress because I am still in the new love phase with that pattern!! oh, and ideally some duffle coats too… hmmm

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.