Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Sarvi having just suffered through a “should” project my vote goes to the newest most exciting pattern/fabric you have!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I’m with you, Sarvi, I feel like I’m going to blow a fuse trying to make a deision these days! I have fabrics washed and prepped or a school photo dress, but can’t get myself motivated to finish the tracing. (I think it’s due to my complete lack of confidence in myself, I’m convinced nearly that I can’t do this dress.) However, I have begun my tracing for warm weather clothes; I have the ice cream, sailboat and swing set traced already with a few more to go. Finished up an ice cream blouse and half through with sailboat pants now. They are really just to put off what’s bothering me, she can’t even wear these things right now. 🙂 And if that wasn’t enough I went and bought the sketchbook pattern and the large size sunday brunch pattern, plus new fabrics with these projects in mind! (by the way, the sunday brunch is out of print per the O and S website, best grab it if you want it!) The Niblet’s birthday is coming up fast though, so can’t put off this school photo much longer!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Hehehehe – my new year’s resolution is to simply get started with the things on my to do list – I’ve bought so much fabric and so many patterns last year – need to clear the stash a bit! I say sew what appeals the most!!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

You guys are absolutely right, life’s too short not to cut into the good stuff.

LINK
    Anonymous @

I’m now sewing up the last of the winter clothes for Clara and am ready to start in on spring/summer clothes in a couple weeks. That way I won’t be in such a rush! I’m nearly finished with a music class blouse, and I have cut out and ready to go 2 pair of sailboat pants and a 2+2 blouse. Hope to get them all sewn today and tomorrow. Next up is Clara’s dress for the daddy daughter dance. Still deciding on a pattern! Then I can make a Liverpool for myself before starting in on the spring stuff.

LINK
    sadies closet @sadies closet

In the last 24 hours, I finished a Sunday Brunch jacket and skirt, and have a hopscotch skirt completed except for buttons and a music class skirt completed except need to measure elastic on girlie in the morning. Hubby has been away on a trip and I have spent the last two nights sewing. 🙂 I have a hopscotch shirt and skirt cut out and waiting to go. I would like to start them but need sleep. Do I get the Nicole award? He!He! I don’t know how she does it.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

LOL! I don’t know how she does it either – think we’re been on the same sewing schedule – in the last 24 hours, I finished a pair of sailboat pants, made a halter top and a bubble dress (& an eco-shopping bag!) – I love it when husband is away because then I can sew as long as I like!!! 🙂

LINK
    cherry @cherry

I really need to make the jump rope dress- I’ve had the material sitting out forever! Maybe that will be a project for this afternoon…

Also want to make the puppet show tunic, but I think that Evie has enough summer clothes at the moment so it wouldn’t get the wear it deserves. Maybe next year!

I just collected my brand new sewing machine (Bernina 380) and I’m in love. Shame that I start full time work tomorrow so won’t have much time for sewing 🙁 . But I’m looking forward to working.

LINK
    KellyNYC @KellyNYC

I’m about to start on my very first project for me – the Amy Butler Anna Tunic in Liberty cord that I originally bought for my daughter, but figured a creation for me would have more staying power for the gorgeous fabric than on a fast growing toddler. Self motivated rationalization at it’s best! Next up for her is the jump rope dress – my first foray into “3 scissors.” Wish me luck!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Good on you Kelly!

What am I sewing? Not a thing and getting very fritzy!

I am washing and ironing, but hopefully this afternoon I can get stuck into the little girls Bedtime Story pajamas and get them tidied up!

On the cutting table is fabric for school uniforms, they go back next week and I will miss them!

Jumprope dress as a tunic for Small One, Music Class shirts & skirts for the twins, and Sketchbook Shorts for the Son.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

PS, I am getting a big swollen head!

Thankyou Jenny and Justine.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

(finished two more, so thats five down,four to go)(pajamas-not children)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Well, what a fickle female I am!

I realized I have some birthdays coming up so the uniforms have been bumped for some Bubble dresses. Two for Little One ,one in each view in the 12-18 mnth size and I have just finished drafting the size 2T in view B for a special little friends birthday!

I much prefer to sew several of the same thing at once!

What are you sewing at the moment?

LINK
    emstone @emstone

I just finished some crayon rolls for a friends little girl and several crocheted scarves for sone Feb. and March birthdays for some girl friends. I am off to start some spring/summer sewing for my 2yo and I am going to start with the Puppet show shorts. They seem easy enough. I want to buzz through them so I can start on both the girls Easter dresses. Not an O+S pattern but they should still be darling!

LINK
    janimal @janimal

I have the Anna Maria Horner Socialite Dress for MYSELF all cut out and ready to sew, and absolutely NO motivation to sew it.

And I have the middle panel of an ice cream dress cut out, in a really cute Paris print Kokka fabric, but don’t have the right shade of coordinating red fabric to go with it so it’s been sitting there for 2 weeks!

And I have a half finished toddler dress from a McCalls pattern that I just really don’t like the construction and have no motivation to finish that because I’d rather sew with O & S.

So where does that leave me? I decided this morning to forget my unfinished projects and traced the sailboat top and pants pattern for my daughter. Ta-dah, newfound inspiration to sew!

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.