Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    thejennigirl @thejennigirl

Sailboat pants for a friend’s LO’s, Music Class blouse & skirt for my DD, a (summer) Vintage Vogue dress for me, a Vintage Butterick dress for me, 2 Village Frocks for 2 friends’ NB & soon-to-be NB DD’s, Sketchbook pants for DS#1, & fleece PJs for DS#1.

I just finished Sailboat pants for DS#2, School Photo dress for DD, & PJs for DS#2.

I have planned to make a Sketchbook shirt out of striped twill for DS#1, Tea Party sundress for DD for Easter, Tea Party playsuit for DS#2 for Easter, Sketchbook shirt for DS#1 for Easter (all Easter outfits have coordinating fabric), Playdate shorts for DD, Butterick sundress for DD, Popover sundress for a certain American Girl doll, and turning all the jeans with blown out knees into perfectly hemmed shorts for DS#1. Oh, and drapes, shades, and a duvet cover for our remodeled master bedroom. I know, I’m insane. It’s okay.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Yes,thats fine to begin with,but what are you doing tomorrow?

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Not to mention next week!!!!!! Wow – what a list!

LINK

I have to confess, I cut out in bulk, pin in bulk, sew in bulk for as long as I can, iron in bulk, and then finish each piece one at a time. It saves thread and really does allow me to finish more projects in less time. I also wind 1/2 a dozen bobbins at a time, so that when my bobbins empty, I can just swap out and don’t have to stop and fill a new one.

Off to go wash 15 yards of new fabrics so I can prep up for the next round while I finish up this round.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I have two of the same item in progress, but mostly they are sitting while I stare longingly…missing my dear, dear machine! *sniff*

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I’ve been in a bit of a funk sewing wise for a bit. Haven’t gotten a lot of stuff made. But it’s mom’s birthday on Friday so I managed to make her three lavender sachets. (Tetrahedron shaped!)

But! I was looking at the O+S pool today and I think I have an idea on how to get back into the swing of things.

I’ll start with a pair of jammies for my little one and take it from there. I have the cutest fabric with Chinese dolls on it that will be just perfect for the jacket. Or the pants. I can’t decide.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Bulk cutting and sewing is not as much fun,but the results speak for themselves Jenn,don’t they?

Fantastic effort!

LINK

It does, indeed. I think my favorite part is finishing and then the photo shoots. We went to Baltimore last weekend, and on the drive I did the hand work on several pieces. It was relaxing and certainly made the 5 hour drive feel shorter.

I also have to confess to tracing a pattern and cutting out the pieces for 2 clothing items at DD’s dance studio today. I figure I’m there for a couple hours and there’s a big floor space in the parents’ area, I just as well take advantage.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I love that! I think that is a scream!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I took a break from school uniform Jumprope dresses x5 to run up some swim pants and rash vests for the twins. And well…the swim pants are in the group pool(no pun intended)and thats all I shall say about those!

I also made a Ruffled Halter top for one of the twins which made up beautifully in linen.

What are you sewing at the moment?

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

After dinner last night, Niblet sat in her high chair eating up bunny cookies (recipe practice run for birthday treats) and watched me get a ‘sleeve’ of sewing done! Wow, it hurt to only get sleeves done, but lately I’ll take what I can get to scratch the itch! Then it was time to march around the house singing songs.

Nicole, that orange linen ruffle halter is FABULOUS! I imagine it, paired with those white Hopscotch pants, her terrific sandals, and a nice tall Mimosa on a breezy spring morning… (wait, sorry, I borrowed her outfit in my day dream) 🙂

LINK
    daisygirl78 @daisygirl78

I’m about halfway through my first 2+2 blouse, and loving it already! After that, I’m likely going to make an ice cream tunic, or tackle one of the many (many) 1970s vintage patterns that were kindly given to me by my mom and by my MIL:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daisygirl_78/5435437808/

Some I originally wore as a child, others were worn by my sister-in-law back in the day. Oh so much sewing to do, but so little time!

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I actually finished something last night! I got the jacket for a set of Bedtime Story jammies done and I plan to get the pants done this afternoon after I pick the girls up from school/daycare and feed them. (I know – pics or it didn’t happen! I’m working on that later)

Next in line is some mending (Isabel’s winter jacket has a split seam that I have to try and mend) and some fabric prepping for the wash. I got some adorable white embroidered fabric that I plan to make into a School Photo Dress for my big girl. I have made so much for Sofia now, it has to be Isabel’s turn.

I also took a trip to the fabric store yesterday and got some fabric for a spring time School Days Coat for Sofia in charcoal grey. (Not sure if it’s called the same in English, we call the fabric beaver nylon, and it’s a strong, water proof fabric that should serve her well out on the playground.) I plan to line it with a pink strawberry fleece I’ve had for ages. Wish me luck!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Glad the sewing funk has broken, Lotta!

Beaver nylon – sounds interesting! You’ll have to post a pic of it for us!

I have managed to do no sewing this week (oh – yes – I did – I mended the hole in our lounge – does that count? lol!) but we have a family bday tomorrow and I need to make a halter top for the present – best go get started!

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

The notion of bulk cutting and sewing has me intrigued. I worry though that if I tried it, I’d end up with a bunch of cut out projects that no longer fit. Maybe for summer sewing I’ll give it a whirl!

My latest sewing project in the works is the sporty goodie pullover from the latest Ottobre for my oldest. I also have a pair of pants from that issue half way done for my middle girl. As far as O+S projects, I’m contemplating breaking in my new Hopscotch pattern with a shirt for my baby girl who informed me yesterday that she is never going to grow up and will stay my baby forever.:)

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.