Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

I’m impressed with your discipline, Liesl – it’s so hard to get the bottom of “the pile”!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

One dress finished and pictures posted!

Hopefully, I will finish another ( or two ) tomorrow!

Next up are two Swing Set tops and skirts and two Tea Party dresses and bloomers. Fingers crossed I get through these a little quicker!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I haven’t gotten to the Swing set yet, Nicole, but the Tea Party is a beautiful little breeze! For Little One and Small One, I assume? It’s such a sweet little dress. My plan is to use the limited sewing time I’ll get after classes begin in Jan. for spring/summer outfits. I’m very much looking forward to swing set/puppet shorts combos!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I might make the Tea Party then Mel. I feel the need for something quick!

Yes, they are for my littlest girls, next will be Ice Cream dresses for all , even Son&Heir!

( Just kidding )

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Finished Small Ones School Photo dress, its a little different , but she LOVES it and I guess that’s what counts.

I did not have extra binding to hand so I just overlocked the armhole seam, not as neat , but it does the job and If it drives me potty,I can always go back and bind it.

I thought I may line the Tea Party dress as I have oodles of poplin and I would like it to flare rather than drape.

What are you sewing at present?

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

I’m still sewing – nothing! I have to make a dress for a present on Saturday so must do that tomorrow (I’m making another one of those halter dresses I just made for my girls – quick and easy). Also need to make some eco shopping bags for a friend’s bday as well as for the kid’s teachers for their xmas presents. Once those jobs are done I can get back to my (long) list of projects – I can’t wait! First up will be a hopscotch dress for Rosie (which has been cut out for 2 weeks!) and a teaparty dress for Lucy (drafted about a month ago!). Finally got my Liberty bias so I can make some more puppet show shorts with that as trim now too!

LINK
    icicle @icicle

Christmas present dress up # 1 — colonial girl, size 4 — is done!!!! whew…………

Awful Big Company pattern that made no (common) sense, 3.5 yards of pink pink pink, and ribbon and bows. Now I need a break before I move into the prairie period…

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13756623@N06/5219003216/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13756623@N06/5218393715/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13756623@N06/5218399537/

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Not currently sewing, but knitting a tiny scarf for my daughter. It’s gotten a bit chilly here, though I know that those of you in parts East would consider this practically beach weather. Got almost no sleep last night and made an absolute dog’s breakfast of it, cables going every which way, seed stitch going in & out of sync. Oy vey.

Incidentally, does anybody know of a nice tutorial for a felt tree topper? A star, maybe?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Justine, I’d love to see the shorts with Liberty trim, that will be so pretty.

icicle, that may have been a hassle to make with the pattern you had, but what a great result! I’m sure the recipient will be beside herself.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I wish I could knit Sarvi!

Just the hand sewing on Twin 2’s dress and I am done!

Next Swing Set’s, I am so looking forward to this pattern!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Managed to make make a grand total of ONE bag today for a friend’s bday pressie – pathetic!

Think I’ll get onto those shorts quickly Sarvi – need to do some ‘proper’ sewing 🙂

Was given a ‘knitting bag’ today made out of an old flour sack – think it may be time for a knitting refresher course (I haven’t knitted since I was very little!)

I’d like to get onto the swing set too, Nicole – but when my pattern arrived 2 weeks ago someone had been very shifty and had taken out the original pattern, put in a very old Simplicity pattern and sealed up the envelope, which they then returned, and it was my bad luck to receive this one! Some people truly amaze me! (A new one is being sent, but still not here)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

You are kidding!

That is positively evil! I didn’t think you were allowed to return patterns, any way!

Seriously bad karma on that jerk!

I hope the shop you purchased it from can track them down!

Stealing is stealing!

LINK
    Anonymous @

That is just horrible! I hope maybe, maybe, it was a mistake?

LINK
    icicle @icicle

justmejay — wow… just, wow…

Hey Liesl, you’re not missing an old Simplicity pattern, are you? 😛 (<– that’s my tongue, firmly planted in cheek)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I like that! He he !

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.