Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I know what you mean Justine, Mummy needs some clothes in this house!

I have fabulous shoes and not much else (and I am way too old and battle scarred to be an exotic dancer )!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Cut pieces for a Nature Walk pullover, this one to be a Christmas gift for my nephew. Those will wait for a bit since I just picked up some rust colored velveteen (screams ‘That 70s Show’!!) that I can’t wait to cut for a Sunday Brunch jacket. (As an aside, I’m wondering when I transitioned from ‘there’s no way I can cut this’ to ‘I can’t wait to cut this!’)

My main goal right now is a School Days coat for the girl though, as it’s finally getting chilly around here. However, I have worked myself into such a tizzy over this that I might just pass out when the wool arrives on my doorstep! 🙂

The great news is that my pre-grad school goal is nearing achievement! The Niblet is already wearing at least one Mommy-made item each day! I think the next things I make for her I will wrap up for Christmas, except hopefully a holiday dress. We’ll see.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Well done Mel!!! It’s so fun to have the kids all in homemade clothes – I really enjoy telling people that I made it!

That velveteen sounds gorgeous – I want to get some of the AMH velveteen when it’s released to use for Sunday Brunch jackets too.

Nicole – I really need to do some sewing for myself – I have a pile of patterns and fabric waiting, but I can’t seen to stop sewing for the kids (girlies in particular!) Maybe we should make a pact to sew something for ourselves before xmas! (on that subject, have you made your skirt yet Mel? Or T888 – your husband’s shorts?)

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Erm…not yet. 😉 fabric is prepped and pattern is ready. Now if I can just stop myself from making tiny things!!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

hehehehe – what did I do after writing this??? Went downstairs to draft/cut out a hopscotch dress for Rosie!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Well I figure no one looks at me!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Well, they should, Nicole!!!!

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

I wish someone could come up with a good “ratio” of clothes for kids vs. clothes for me. 🙂 Right now I think my ratio is something like 10:1, which isn’t bad considering there are three of them to one of me! (And I don’t grow 2-3 inches every year, or at least not up.)

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I ditto Justine, Nicole. But yes, I know what you mean. Once there’s a baby the mommy really doesn’t exist. *sigh*

You do have a point, Johanna. The Niblet has many more things that I do. But since nursing her I’ve lost baby weight and then some so I was able to get back into some of my post-college clothes (I graduated college 7 years ago, yeeha!). I feel sort of like those are new goodies now! I do need to get crackin’ on my skirt and Husband’s pants though, and stop procrastinating!!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya
    LINK
    Anonymous @

I never want to sew for myself because I don’t know what patterns would be good and the fitting is much more difficult. The kids are cylinders so it’s easy!

LINK
    Anonymous @

Oh – those fabrics are gorgeous Maraya!!

LINK
    icicle @icicle

sahmcolorado — yes, those are my reasons too — also it takes a WHOLE LOT more fabric to fit me!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

OOO – they’ve got it in!! Thanks Mel!

I think your ratio is pretty good, Johanna – very fair with 3 kids!

The added expense of adult fabric requirements is slightly off-putting, I agree! But I still like making things for myself – and hopefully I won’t change shape too much (not as fast as the kids anyway!) so it’s a way to make my fav fabrics last longer 🙂

LINK
    Loralee @Loralee

I’m in total agreement with you all concerning sewing for ourselves! Larger fabric requirements. Humph. So don’t like those. LOL I made a promise to the sales associate at my local store that I would make something for myself soon. Soon. But sewing for my girls is way more rewarding. 🙂

I was positively giddy this morning wondering what to make next! So many lovely fabrics in my home right now just waiting to become something O+S. Red and brown Velveteen, bright 21 wale corduroy, Far, far Away by Heather Ross. Hmmm… it’s hard to decide what to do next with so many great choices but what a great predicament! LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.