Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 2,506 through 2,520 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’m cutting the bright blue cord secret agent trench 🙂 and the polar fleece lining, orange for the body and navy for the arms from the stash.

I need to test my overlocker as I just got it back from a service, probably another field trip tee as I won’t need to use it on the trench as it will be lined.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Woke up early this am and got cracking (after essential cup of tea) with royal blue cord/star drill Book Report in Size 4. Just taken break from sleeve setting which I always find tiresome to chat, and hope to finish the dress tomorrow. After that, need to cut out a Clever Charlotte from some lovely bright orange, green and blue owls on very dark brown background, and some flares in dark brown wider wale cord for same child to have for her holiday in Sydney in 10 days time.

Both outfits for birthday girl in Melbourne have been well received, and I really hope to see some pics soon.

I found a little wheelie bin on street (rubbish) which apart from dented lid is in perfectly good nick. So gave it very thorough wash out and packed the heavier fabrics in it i.e. corduroy and denim. Bin should fit into a corner (when I can clear one), and should relieve need to haul boxes out of cupboards. So lots of fellow feeling emanating from me to all those wrestling with clearing up, and clearing out. How you can cut things out when you are moving, MK, boggles my mind. What you have described sounds absolutely delicious, however; and I can see the point of cutting out before you pack so that you don’t have to try and remember what you intended after you move. When you say “job hunting”, is that you or your husband?

Really looking forward to seeing the trench coat, Heidi, and I hope you have a lovely holiday, Mel. You’ve earned it after that beautiful wish dress.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Just finished the music class blouse. Am in love with how the placket is constructed. That blouse took way longer to finish than I thought it would. Lots of lovely little details. My machine did not like those tiny little pin tucks. Will now tackle the skirt.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I remember thinking that too … that it’s not a quick blouse, but such a gorgeous, clean finish and so worth it. The good news is that if you make a batch of them it goes much faster, as you start working from memory — and the blouse is still as satisfying to sew.

LINK

The placket sounds intriguing Robin, I haven’t made one yet. Hoping to get onto the interfacing of the trench today and some sewing.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Well I have a week to get my form in for the show this year. Yes July they want the form but September is when you take the things down and the show is in October! Lots of planning and organisation for all!

So seeing as hubby has finished flapping and decided once and for all to do lambs today instead of spray, I have decided I need another day at home.

The flannelette shirts are still fabric because I was attempting to get ahead but failed so instead I am putting together and auditioning projects for the show and THEN I will do the shirts and if we miss out on the trip of three days in the paddock then whatever!

I spent all day yesterday fiddling with cut jelly roll strips for this quilt top and still haven’t progressed far! But I know that if I go out to the sheep I will feel frustrated at not being home and getting this done! What’s a girl to do? I’m sewing today that’s final!

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Ok, the music class skirt is totally darling. The side panels intimidated me, but they are fantastic. And it really was a quick sew. Am disappointed that I made it out of quilting cotton. What are others using – drill, wool, some kind of bottom weight suiting fabric?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I love the music class blouse! The only issue I have with it is having to lengthen and size up slightly but it is still a favourite. Did you see the Drawn thread version of the Playdate dress from Francesuzanne? I bet you could add such an embellishment to the music class blouse!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Robin, I made one in CW quilting cotton but the others I made in drill, http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2011/08/music-class-medley.html . I plan to cut a wide wale cord version soon but I shall gather rather then pleat that.

It is a fun sew.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Looks great in denim too!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Oh yes I love that skirt too. It is a relatively quick sew and I love the speediness of finishing seams together. I’ve made it in quilting cotton and a lovely slightly brushed kind of denim/twill. I’ve got one cut out in a poly-rayon. We’ll see how that behaves!

Right now I’m sewing bias cut stripey linen aiming for perfect chevrons. Tricky going….

It’s not for me so of course I’m being extra fastidious.

LINK

I’m up to putting the facing on the trench but I am about to run out of thread:(, so I will have to put it aside and make something else 🙂 I’m debating between the pink and purple cargos Mk2 that are ready to sew and breaking out my Ottobre and making a tee shirt for me.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Funny – it is KCW again but instead I am sewing clothes for me! In the last 48 hours I’ve sewn three tshirts using MariaDenmark’s Kirsten Kimono pattern (or variations thereof) and a knit pencil skirt from a fabulous, fabulous Crafterhours formula. I see many more of these in my future – easy to wear but more put-together than the yoga skirt. Now I feel fully acquainted with my serger and even threaded it to black for the dark colors I was using 😉

Next up is a baby gift set for a friend expecting a son. I have some lovely organic cotton stripe knit that I’m going to pair with organic bamboo velour for a cushy blanket. Then probably some hats and baby washcloths. All so easy to do on the serger!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

You know I had no idea kcw was on again! They don’t usually do it in summer! Pity I am not in the kids clothing frame of mind at the moment or else I would certainly join in.

I evicted the kids to the paddock and went to fetch food in town etc fully intending on joining in but…. They finished before I could make lunch and bring it out. Probably just as well as the kids were not suitably attired AT ALL. I really need to get make those shirts before Thursday preferably so if we are “required” they will be properly dressed for work!

For now though, I have twelve rows of a quilt top to sew together and attach to the other 14 rows already done and then finish off the quilt top (or at least have it cut and ready to go) and then I can attache the top of megs garden to the wadding ready to appliqué the flowers on. Busy busy busy!

LINK

Done as much as I can on the trench, it’s nearly done only the facing to top stitch and buttonholes! My wonderful husband went into spotlight on his lunch break to get more thread 🙂

I have 3 pages of notes on tracing and flat pattern adjustments I want to make to the Ottobre, I will try and trace it out then make changes tomorrow after I finish the coat.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,506 through 2,520 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2022. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.