Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Good tip, thank you Nicole! I’m making up the Music Box jumper in linen to try it out, preparatory to making it in wool. I always do this because I have this neverending pile of linen I got on deep discount at JoAnn’s, and I always remember too late that this stuff is a bear to mark and cut out accurately.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Well girls, a week to the wedding and I was on schedule, but not any more……

My outfit is not going to happen,but never mind, I do have my standby posh frock. Twin 2 threw a major hissy fit about her fabric choice which was not helpful and not appreciated by her extremely tired mother.( By the time she had swept the verandahs and had a chance to think about her behavior, she had calmed down enough to choose a fabric we both agreed on )

I have just got some hand sewing to do on very snappy hot pink silk tie ( from purl soho ) for Son&Heir , who is very pleased.

I had to make ‘modesty’ bloomers for the two little girls to wear under their dresses, but they look cute, so that is fine.

Twin 2 has decided not to use the pretty lilac/sage thai silk for her School Photo dress and has chosen some apple green dupion that I had on hand and would like it trimmed with the pink silk left from her sisters dress, we will see how that goes, wish me luck !

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Oh Nicole that is very sad about your frock – as my husband would say “burnt chop syndrome” – mum’s always give THEMSELVES the burnt chop!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thanks Miranda, that is so sweet of you!

I awoke to a much improved daughter this morning who very politely requested a change in her trim colour. Twin 1 loves her Nicey Jane pajama’s which are an apple/lemon/white colour way. After poking through the silk tub, she discovered some yellow silk and would now like to trim her dress with this fabric, with white guipure daisies as detail.

I am more than happy as the pink silk ‘bled’ terribly when washed and I was worried that it would spoil the lovely clear green silk of the dress body when laundered.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Shame about your own outfit — I suppose it’s like the way that the photographer in the family never gets to be in pictures. I’m glad the kids are getting sorted out, though! Believe me, if they don’t always show the proper appreciation for your loving care right now, they will when they’re a bit older.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Ah, Nicole, so sorry too about your outfit!! I was so looking forward to seeing the lilac silk, but I bet the green is going to look lovely too!

Folks keep asking what I’ve made for myself since the Niblet is always in something new and Mommy made these days, but alas, nothing for me. I did purchase things last week for my husband though, who’s been requesting pants. I think he’s envious of her Sandbox pants, as he tells me he needs ‘good looking comfy pants’ too! hehe

Fabrics are washed and pieces are cut for another Hopscotch dress – in O+S knit to boot! Cannot wait to finish this one up!!

LINK
    sewinginthecity @sewinginthecity

As I salivate over the new city weekend prints, I am making myself make some things my girl actually needs — bed sheets — and trying to use up old stash to justify some new purchases. So exciting, bed sheets.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am really looking forward to that dress Mel!

Thanks for the commiserations on my new outfit ( or lack of )! It seems it will be very cold so what I was making would not have been suitable .

I am half way through Twin 1’s dress and it is coming together well! The colours are unusual , but hopefully she can carry it off.

The tie turned out so well, not hard , just time consuming, but Son&Heir was so pleased it was worth it!

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

I just finished a tunic length puppet show and a little while back finished the shorts. After all that asking and receiving kind assistance I did not really get gathers in the bottom of the shorts – just an unsatisfying “ease” – sigh. I made the tunic with the leftover pieces of the first dress that I proposed to make with a strange fabric combo and then changed my mind. I had already sewn them up so it was a satisfyingly quick project to cut the rest and finish it off. The little girl wore them for the first time today and they got lots of comments which is always nice!! Next are two sets of fairly boring (non O&S) “shortie pajamas” as we call them in our house. I will be using some lovely Japanese Lecien fabric though so that will be enough to motivate me in what otherwise will be a fairly uninspiring project. Then I bought some lovely mustard coloured Echino cameras fabric that I hope to make into some shorts for the mister for this summer. This will be first thing I have ever sewn him – he is an architect so he is VERY opinionated about what he wears!! SCARY. My school photo patterns arrived, I am thinking of doing a winter dress with it first so that will wait a bit. I also got in a bit of a frenzy with the Aussie dollar being so good and bought enough laminated Echino helicopter and bicycle fabric to make two (still insanely expensive) raincoats for my boys. The fabric arrived from Purl in a huge tube so it didn’t get creased, explaining why postage was $48!!! Hmm – maybe this should be in a new thread entitled “what fabric are you buying now?” – but that thread might crash the servers 🙂

LINK
    ckcsbella @ckcsbella

It’s rapidly heading towards winter here in Canada, so I am thinking warm thoughts! I did two Hopscotch dresses last week, and I am THRILLED with them! They are so cute! I’m going to do a top, too, and the skirt, but still debating on fabric for them. I’m currently working on a 2+2 blouse, but am not making much progress as it’s for DD#1 for Christmas and I can only work on it when she’s not around. And she’s always around. I’m also about to start a School days coat for DD#2 in wool, and I’ve got a few skirt projects ready to be cut out.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Drafted the Hopscotch dress and top today and have cut out several for the twins to wear to camp. I am remembering why I do not sew with stretch knit!!!!!!!

It twists and rolls and this is expensive cotton/lycra, not dodgey stuff.

I can not wait until Quilthome list City Weekend, I am really keen to sew with the knit and hopefully it is not such a nightmare to cut out.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Oh Nicole, the City Weekend is a dream to even cut! The Niblet and I were out picking up tracing paper last night and it was SO hard not to pick up more of the knits, especially since she was trying her best to get a different color bolt off the rack! 🙂 I have promised Husband his pants before I would allow myself more fabrics for Niblet. I know if I get them I’ll keep hesitating! haha

Finishing up a third pair of Sandbox pants, then moving on to Husband’s pants. After that planning at least 2 more Hopscotch tops. Then it’ll be back to tracing for the Niblet again (the Nature Walk and Sailboat!!) I believe she must be growing an inch a week!

Looking forward to wedding photos, Nicole!!

LINK
    Anonymous @

Last week I made a 2+2 blouse from a fantastic blouse I found at a yard sale for 25 cents! Finished a hopscotch top and music class skirt today. Next up is a school days coat for my little Oliver. I’ve been so lucky that the real cold weather has stayed away because I should have had this done long ago. He’s very excited and had the fabric out tonight pretending to sew it himself (he’s only 2 – almost 3 – very cute). He has ordered red with red pockets 🙂 After that I’ll be back to clothes for Clara. 2 jump rope dresses, sailboat pants with 2+2 blouse, a couple more hopscotch tops, either a tea party dress or music box dress, and a sunday brunch jacket.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Have you started Hubby’s shorts Miranda ?

I have nearly finished two Nature Walk tops for the twins . I have made the size 12 as I am intending them to be worn as ruggers over shirts. I am using some Bull Rush ”cabbages” (go birdy! go birdy ! ) of wool flannel , some of the seams are a little thick and have needed a bash, but I am really pleased with this pattern!

Wow Sandi , that is a huge list of sewing , you will be busy !

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

I am sitting here reading all these exciting projects, and what am I sewing?? Silver bells onto elastic for Rosie’s school concert this week!

(although I did make myself a skirt today:))

& tomorrow I think I’ll retackle last week’s abortive projects (a hopscotch dress/nightie and a sailboat top)

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.