Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Just finished the boys PJs this weekend and thankfully it is almost warm so they are wearing them tonight – very cute!! So – next up is the shorts for the Mister. I have the echino fabric all washed and dried, but I am wondering if I should mock them up first in a “regret” fabric from my stash? I am thinking of using a pattern I bought from the Burdastyle website so I am a bit concerned it may not be particularly easy to follow. If anyone has any men’s shorts patterns they want to recommend I am all ears… The Mister is very picky so if they look dodgy he will not wear them – it would be such a waste of insanely expensive fabric so I’m tempted to do a dummy run – what do you all think?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

It can’t hurt , Miranda . If they work out really well , he has two pairs!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Definately try them out with cheap stuff first!

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Thanks guys – I needed a push as I’m pretty impatient to cut into that lovely echino!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I think I read some where , when sewing adult pants , sew the inside seam first and then adjust the fit and sew the side seams.

This may help ?

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Hi again T888 – I made some shorts for my son today with echino – it’s lovely to cut and sew!!!! Enjoy! (but I’d still go cheap stuff first if it’s a new pattern!)

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Oh I am dying to start but have been hampered (not least by waiting for the hubby to bring home the print it yourself pattern as he has an A1 printer at work).

Nicole that makes a lot of sense (sewing the inseam first) – I will definitely do that with the first one.

Spent the evening overlocking fabric pre-wash – I suppose it still involved sewing right? I like to wash fabric as soon as it comes in so my whole stash is ready to use.

In more exciting news – I am getting a VERY BASIC overlocker for my birthday! Excited to see what I can do with it!! I’ll have lots of overlocker questions soon.

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Oh . . . I’m having overlocker thoughts myself!!!!

I bought burdastyle magazine and I cannot make head nor tail of it! I think they just make it up to annoy people. Or maybe the fact I am now on day seven of sleep deprivation is making me a little thick!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Well, have gotten no where on the Husband’s pants, but I have just ordered the Sunday Brunch pattern (in small size) and the Sandbox (in large size)!! Also picked up a little more City Weekend at my local shop today and enough denim and cord to make the Niblet 2 more pairs of Sandbox pants. Finally wembled enough and ordered the Playdate pattern too! Lots of drafting in my future, but great great goodies in the Niblet’s future!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Burda styles are gorgeous and very ‘euro’ , but sewing them can be a challenge ! Don’t go there baby- baby, without several good nights sleep unless you are prepared to wing it !

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Oh yes Robyn I have looked at the Burda magazine patterns on the Burdastyle website (as opposed to the Burdastyle ones which seem a bit easier) and they completely confused me. The Burdastyle ones aren’t that much better but at least they include seam allowance!

Still no shorts pattern. I think I’ll start up another pair of puppet shorts in the meantime so I can sort out that too long piece of bias binding this time…

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

My mum has always cursed Burda patterns so I have always steered well clear of them! O+S they are not!

Lucky you, T888 – an overlocker!!!! One day….

I can’t do any sewing today until I do the housework 🙁 – and also until I get the cheap & nasty practice knit fabric out from my machine – where it got caught yesterday!!!!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Oh my Justine! That fabric should go straight to the garbage! It has given you nothing but grief!! I should send you my City Weekend pieces to practice on. It would save you headaches and (to Husband’s happiness) clear out my ever growing ‘cabbage’ stash!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Mel has a point! You don’t want to get a complex about knit sewing. I am not making that dress again until I get my City Weekend, I got so frustrated!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Gah! Got my sunday brunch pattern today and am uber stoked about it! Might have to draft tonight (much as I hate to) and shop for corduroy tomorrow!! But then there’s the Jump Rope I started last night and the Playdate that needs to be drafted and the Husband’s pants that still need to be made! Anyone have an extra day I can throw into my weekend?!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.