Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 2,371 through 2,385 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

What a lovely lovely chap!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Yes he is. I am very lucky.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

That the kind of husband I like! But I imagine he’s really the lucky one. 😉 Maybe the quilt is the kind of thing you’ll be glad to have finished even if you don’t enjoy actually doing it.

I finished a long linen skirt for me. Nothing interesting, just simple easy to wear practical summer staple. But I did cut a pair of puppet show shorts from the scraps and now they’re nearly done. Getting those pockets perfect is so fiddly, especially in linen, but they’re so adorable. Should be worth it.

I have some more scraps of Heather Ross double gauze I’m trying to figure out how to best make use of. The planning is taking some time! At the moment I’m leaning toward a picnic blouse with short sleeves. But I’ve been going back and forth for a while.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Well I have the binding on the pink quilt and it is half stitched down. I am saving the other half to stitch tomorrow while the children have their piano lesson just for something to do. I am now stitching in the ditch around the block and border seams of the blue and red quilt – I think I love this one best it is amazing! The piecing isn’t perfect but still just because I can sew clothes doesn’t mean I can do perfect piecing – it works just slightly differently.

Noah has decided on a railroad tracks fmq design for the blocks and then I can choose for the border which is fair as it is not train themed but he loves trains so we can compromise.

Sharon does the design for the children’s’ quilts call for them to be quilted as a whole or can you quilt as you go? It might be better considering the time factor and then you can move through them a little faster. Did you promise bed quilts or throws? I would do throws to start with, just so they get a quilt and maybe piece a top to make a quilt but not quilt it and just make it into a doona cover so it resembles a quilt maybe? It is an idea anyway. And possibly a time saver. Hope that makes sense.

I was nearly told to quick go and construct some school pants that are pull on look a likes to the new school trousers this morning. I was saved the trouble just by making the button holes slightly bigger – N informed me that he avoided the facilities all day on Friday because he had trouble with his trousers. I told him this is all I can do for the moment and he has to get used to the slide button and zipper from here on in. The pull on trousers I made earlier are not really compliant with the uniform but if we had a sports polo they could suffice. Again it is all about compromise but sewing new school trousers is not on the agenda for me right now we will have to work with what we’ve got.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Justsewit maybe you should post a picture of your WIP quilt. After everyone fawns over it you may get the motivation you need to keep going!!

i finished my tote bag and started working on a bathing suit for DD1. She is so skinny and utterly curve-less, so everything falls off her. A friend of mine gave me an outgrown Lacoste bikini in rainbow stripes that I cut up to make a suit for my daughter. Even though I measured carefully it seems the leg holes I made are still too large; so I have to unpick the Lycra binding and cut it down. Then I have to figure out how to get enough fabric out of the remaining adult (but very skimpy) bikini to make an unskimpy tankini for my 3-year-old. This is definitely a case of sewing out of necessity – I would much rather just buy her a suit but the leg holes gap awfully on anything store-bought.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

How sweet, Cindy from Siesta’s&Sewing is the swimsuit queen!

I finished a Finch set for Liddy, have started sewing Jed’s Vogue shirt and I am cutting a Deer&Doe posh frock for Zara.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’m hoping to get back to my yellow field trip cargos tonight. I think I will take a break and sew something else when they are done, maybe some new pants for me as the situation is getting quite desperate!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Do you ever go through a dry spell? How do you get your mojo back? I feel like I’m ironing, ironing, ironing, and yet, somehow, she has ‘nothing to wear’. It’s hard to get motivated to sew.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Those deer and Doe patterns are gorgeous arent they?! Is there a retailer in Oz that sells them or did you have to send for them from the company itself? The jacket is just lovely.

Roundtheworldgirl, I will post a photo of the finished pink quilt soon but I did take sneak peek photos. I hope this link works because flickr wouldnt let me get into the actual photo – http://www.flickr.com/photos/justsewit_tk/with/8747512942/. Oh it goes to my photostream where you will see the photos I took of the pink quilt.

I am surprised at how fast the railroad tracks desing is coming along. Put it this way I am finishing more blocks in two hours than I did before and because of this I hope to finish the main part of the quilting by Friday and that leaves the weekend to work on the borders. Again I will post photos in due course.

Feeling a little poorly today but I have about an hour before the bus drops the children off so will endeavour to do some of the blue quilt and then continue on in between music practises, reading, comprehension cards and homework and well, the usual bedtime routine. The only thing that is bothering me is the fact the bottom line thread is a pain to wind onto the bobbin evenly and as a result I am continually stopping and breaking thread because of dicky stitches. But other than that this one is quite cruisy!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I love both quilts Tamara! I will have to start on the middle boys’ quilt after Caspian’s birthday.

I am working on non-O+S sunsuit for Caspian right now. It’s the cricket one from Martha Pullen’s last magazine. Caspian keeps calling it his gra-gra (grasshopper). hehehe. It’s so neat to hear him start talking. After this I will be making his birthday suit. I will be making the sketchbook vintage style again. I am not sure what color I want to make the bow tie yet though. I’ll see.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I like your quilting fabric, Tamara. It’s such a great line. I like the red and blue in the pinwheel, it gives such a fresh contrast. Over here, we all like patriotic colors this time of year.;) but I like red and navy for boys all the time, it’s so classic and never seems to get old.

I finished little linen puppet show shorts and baby girl wore them yesterday with a little white top my MIL sent from our favorite store in the UK. I’m now powering through a yellow Swiss dotted Citronille top I cut for her months ago. I may have to cut off the sleeves at this point, but still cute.

After that, I promised myself to sew up a summer blouse that’s already been cut and fit for myself. It’s just that I’m enjoying how incredibly fast the kids stuff goes when I don’t stop to fit after every step. I also cut an ice cream top out of a smallish piece I want to use up. Shorts for the boys have been back burnered when I discovered I didn’t have as much fabric as I thought, but I am looking for some linen that will match K’s frog dress. And I need to iron voile and cut a summer maxi I’ve been wanting to get to for weeks.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Fresh white blouse and linen shorts — sounds so nice! And I never tire of dotted swiss.

What you mention about needing to stop and fit is one of the things that is scaring me off. I had a few sewing goals for this year — piping was one, and I have gotten more comfortable with it, and the other is sewing for myself.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

The quilts look great! I am impressed. I think my pinwheels would come out lopsided if I tried that.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Yes, it is more time consuming than kids stuff. But it is so nice to have things that fit well, unlike off the rack. It’s worth the time and effort but just at this moment im enjoying getting lots of things speedily done. 🙂

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I need to make brown piping myself Sarvi but it will have to wait after lunch. After I have made the piping a few times myself I find fairly easy and enjoy now. Oh all the possible colors/patterns!!

Viewing 15 posts - 2,371 through 2,385 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.