Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 2,221 through 2,235 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I just want to have moved house so I get out my sewing machine again!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Are you moving far Heidi? Our next move will be in summer and only 300m away, but it is a move I am looking forward to simply because of space!

Hope it all goes smoothly so you can get sewing again.

LINK

Just a couple of streets Tamara! But you still have to pack it all up as if you were moving acccross town! Slightly bigger place, more space for sewing stuff :), and amazing views. Now to finish packing the kitchen to start moving tomorrow!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hurrah for amazing views! More space sounds pretty nice too 🙂

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Finally finished those Lazy Days skirts. I dragged all three kids to a fabric shop yesterday where I found the requisite elastic (I was highly motivated). Now I just need good light to take photos. Started working on nightgowns for the girls using a free tutorial yesterday but was very frustrated by the sizing. I generally regret when I stray from O&S.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Sounds blissful Heidi! happy moving and settling in.

Cut out three Portfolio tops yesterday and have only just finished stitching them now! I have some hand stitching to do on them before they re really finished though. Such a relief to have three new tops to wear.

The cut out things I had for the kids can wait until next week, after the machine has had it’s service and we are back home again. By that time I will be itching to sew with the machines again.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I hope you are all moved in Heidi!

I am sewing a vintage Simplicity blouse for Liddy and the instructions are delightful-such a treat!

I have missed my sewing this week but have been having good restful times with my Fab 5 during our Hols.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I take it all back!

Silly Simplicity directions for attaching a collar grrrrrrrrrrr-I pulled out my Nature Walk instructions.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Today I’m giving the fairy tale communion dress a fresh press for the big event this Sunday! And sewing on the snaps of the doll version. And, working hard on my Vogue dress so I can wear it. Yikes thats a lot for a lovely spring day when for sure the kids will want to spend all afternoon long at the playground. Is it wrong that I’ve put aside all my usual Friday housework for sewing?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’d say one thing Meleliza, is that if I didn’t put aside or just stop doing the “ususal” for a while, I’d never sew. Besides it has a purpose and that is excusable – in my book anyway! It will still be there once your done! So just sew and get your dress done and don’t worry about the Friday cleaning – do it Monday this week instead!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Oh I just got back from JoAnns with 4 1/4 yard cut fabrics for my first quilting blocks class with my meetup sewing group. Oh the anxiety of picking FOUR complementary fabrics. Goodness, it took me far too long.

Even though I don’t really intend to quilt much, I think learning new techniques can only help my skills.

I am also sewing a Violet Fields jacket pattern that I had been eyeing for YEARS! I am using an Emerald Green swiss dot. It is quite light and I am hoping it makes that perfect summer evening, or transitional jacket.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Yes, my house was all a shambles yesterday because I decided I was going to finish older daughter’s nightgown. I didn’t even spend that much time sewing, but all of the time I did sew was time I’d normally spend picking up. Finished the bodice of younger daughter’s gown too – today I will sew the skirt and lace trim and then they can wear them tonight. Just in time as the weather finally got nice here.

LINK

Yes, Nicole we’re in, we had lovely friends come and help (and all their kids!). The sewing machine is still the one untouched (unsorted room), but that’s OK at the moment. I have great desire to make biscuts (cookies) to break the house and oven in (and check the oven works!). The griller dose so the oven should. The views are amazing as is the sun in winter.

LINK

Also, two pieces of oliver and s (field trip and class picnic) as well as at least 5 other pieces of clothing sewn by me were worn by the kids helping us move house!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yay! Oliver and s worn by the mini mover-inners!

No sewing by me at the moment. I *should* do the hand sewing on that last Portfolio top but…. Truth be known I feel exhausted from looking after a gastro ridden child! So I am fabric window online shopping instead.

I also have a quilt sandwich I am unpicking because of dodgy beginner try hard circles sewn on the old old machine with a walking foot some five years go! Hubby is complaining his quilt still isn’t ready so I better get on with unpicking the stitches – just not today.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,221 through 2,235 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.