Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 2,146 through 2,160 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Ha! I just broke a golden rule of not sewing after two drinks. I think it went ok, but I guess I won’t know until the morning. 😉 I kinda want some robes for the beach this summer too. It will be our first proper beach vacation and I want us a.l kitted out nicely. God, that’s OCD of me.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Four items down and four to go!

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I haven’t gotten much done since the two Roller Skate dresses I made the girls before Easter. However Saturday I had my scheduled “day off from family” and cut out a Music Class blouse and a Roller Skate tunic from a super soft cotton twill in white with red line drawings on it.

The Music Class is done. I sewed it up yesterday. I don’t remember it being this quick a sew from last time (although I have way more experience this time around).

I hope Sofia will be cooperative tonight and let me snap a picture of her wearing it. Not holding my breath though.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I usually have to bribe mine to get pictures. A cookie works well, but lollipops are the best. Sometimes a little toy will do the trick too.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I got a few pictures of her last night but it was cold and she was tired and a little hungry so she kept making funny faces. But then, she is only 5 (6 in June) and I prefer not to bribe her with sweets. Especially not before dinner.

I have a Roller Skate cut out from the same fabric and I need to trace a facing for the armscye and neckline instead of lining it. I think it will be too warm this summer if I do.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Just putting the finishing touches to shirt number four – cuffs, hem and buttonholes (and buttons) to go. Then onto item number five, the seahorse shirt.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

You ladies have been so busy! I finally just traced off a roller skate dress and tunic. I have been wanting to make these for a bit! I plan on making a “Cindy” picnic shorts to go with the tunic. Lucky for me almost all of the summer clothes I made Sweet pea still fits her so all she’ll need is a few pairs of shorts. This means more pretty sewing for her. : ) But first a few things for J and me.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

The weather we’re having this week makes me think about linen, seersucker and gauze. It’s humid and smelly here. But I haven’t even put a dent in my actual Spring sewing plans! I think I’ll skip her new jacket and let her keep wearing last years Sunday Brunch. though it’s getting a big snug, the turned down cuffs make it long enough. I did cut a 2+2 blouse for her but I haven’t made any progress on my Attaché beyond cutting it out. I guess I need somewhere to wear a dress before I’m motivated to finsih it! 🙂

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

And all the way over here, I’m thinking of autumn sewing. I’ve cut out another pair of field trip pants, some after school pants and a school photo dress (which may not work as it was a tiny bit of fabric and the pattern may misalign too horribly).

But before I started on that I set myself to finishing my haute couture knock off. So now it’s done. My daughter has an (almost) exact replica of a Moschino trench and trousers from the Autumn/Winter collection of 2001. Just what every little girls needs, right?….

I suspect she’ll detest it, so a bit of bribery for pictures and then it may be consigned to the I-did-it-just-to-amuse-myself pile.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Speaking of weather, we are still having hot temps and it is almost mid April! The other day was the hottest April day on record for our capital city. I wish it would cool down or else my mad Autumn sewing challenge will be in vain!

I just have the buttons to do on the azure spotty shirt which I have just completed. Seahorse shirt tomorrow and hopefully I can do the button on that one tomorrow also.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Our weather yesterday and today is more summer than spring, but it’s supposed to cool down tomorrow. But it made me make a list of summer sewing projects. I need a nice maxi or two for those unexpected early hot days before you’re totally ready to bare your pale legs! 🙂

Still no progress on my attaché dress. I’m really not sure why I dont seem to want to start it. All the hard part is done. I’m finishing up another dress, but instead of moving on to the attaché, I’m thinking about a muslin for the next project.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I sat up sewing for the first time in ages last night. Probably because hubby was travelling back from the city and I thought I would indulge in some time watching adult friendly programs. Unfortunately, one of the kids decided to stay up too, much to my displeasure and only just went to bed at 10pm!!! Eeek! So my alone sewing in front of the tv time was once again thwarted.

Note to self! When I get to finally move into a larger sewing only nook, install a telly and a couch so sewing can be done undisturbed!

So, because my attempts to sew buttons on was interrupted, it is again what I will attempt to do later today, once the cuffs and buttonholes are done on the seahorse shirt. And seeing as the forgotten lunchbox has been delivered and I am home again, there is no excuse to put it off!

After I make coffee that is!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I helped a friend by taking in and hemming a skirt. It looked so good and trendy when we were done! She even when off to wear it to work this afternoon. I don’t think there’ll be much sewing in the next couple of weeks as I pack up and move house!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

McStitch,I have been waiting to see it!

I finished two tiny Bubble dresses. So cute.

Next to sew are some stretch linen Portfolio trousers as my originals are worn out!

Cutting a red Chickadee and a Ayashe blouse for Tilda and kicking myself for not making a 2+2….

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Heidi, are you going far??

I’m still sewing on button and have been since about 1pm! I dunno! Just cant get it together today and I have to undo some bad button sewing on one of the shirts as it is totally wrong!

I did want to start the grey field trips but they will have to wait. I think I may take a break from the machine for a day and trace some patterns for the next project pile just so that part is done and I know what supplies to get at Spotlight Saturday.

I can get back to them Sunday before getting on with girl stuff.

I just wish this weather would cool down as I am beginning to wonder if all these Autumnal items will actually be needed in a couple of weeks. I guess we will find out then!

Viewing 15 posts - 2,146 through 2,160 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.