Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 2,161 through 2,175 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    avashmava @avashmava

I am working on the Music Class Blouse for my dd11. This is my first time with this pattern and I just love it so far! It is such a sweet, classic design that I believe will become a favorite. I found some of the pink floral City Weekend fabric at a quilt shop a while back that I’ve been saving just for this project. That fabric is just lovely!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Today we are in the throes of real spring weather. Sunny, breezy, not too warm, thick spring air. I find this time of year bad for sewing because we’re out and about more, soaking it up while we can. (Our spring is very brief.) So I can’t really lug my sewing maching to the playground or the zoo. Plus, school gets busy again with spring fundraisers, recitals, and starting the end of year stuff. I have to really start taking this into account when I plan stuff.

LINK
    LucyM @LucyM

Addie is proudly wearing the 2+2 blouse I recently completed. She claims to like it. I am also working on another 2+2 blouse in a hideous, bargain bin, black/ecru/orange print. This one is purely for the quantity since she needs tops to go with her seemingly endless collection of leggings. Tonight I will begin work on a requested yellow and white puppet show dress. It is such a validation when Adds makes clothing requests. “My mommy sewed it” are some of the best words one’s child can utter.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh yes the best words a child cam utter, exactly!

Well the buttons are on the remaining three shirts. I did Nicole’s sticky tape them down method but hand stitched them as for some reason they stay on when I do them. I lost on of the mop buttons so will have to hunt it down. It isn’t a big deal right now as it is the collar button but it might look a bit odd with him wearing it and there is a cut buttonhole in that spot with not button.

So today I am taking a break from sewing things and will be tracing patterns instead. I jacket pattern for both the kids, N’s is the secret agent trench which I swear I traced in his size already but… The traced pieces say a 12 and that is too big for the moment. Miss 10’s will be from an issue of Ottobre design – blazer style. I also want to trace a few tunic patterns for her and I have a big 4 pattern she has been asking me to use so will look at that also. Then there is the corduroy skirts. No actual cutting of fabric today if I can help it though, just tracing.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

So very sweet!

We have a lot of rain today, so maybe I’ll actually get some sewing done. I need a nice pretty dress for myself and I am torn between 3 options. I only have 2 more weeks to get it done.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

So are you getting on with the attache after all Meleliza? Cant wait to see it.

I didnt do anything today, just needed to rest my eyes as they are feeling sore and tired. I will trace things over the weekend and save the shopping trip for later, freeing up the time before hand for sewing those last two pairs of field trip pants.

The weather is hot, a bit too hot for April. I am hanging out for the winter chill to replace the sting of the summer sun and with it please let there be a good decent drop of rain.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Oh, I don’t know what’s wrong with me! The attache is fitted and cut out, but I haven’t sewn it! This week I spent time finishing up another dress for me that I’m really pleased with. I’m glad to have it finished too. But instead of the attache, I started working on a different dress. I’m attending the first communion in two weeks for the little girl whose dress I made and I feel like I’m going to be a little bit on display. (I’m frankly hoping to take an order or two, actually.) So I want a very nice dress to wear, but it has to be suitable for church too. Right now, I’m debating between two dresses. I plan to make both, it’s just a question of which one right now for the communion. The event is at the end of April, so it should be high spring here. Hubby isn’t any help deciding, so I could really use some feedback from sewing friends with an eye for this stuff. Would anyone like to comment? 8642034683_aa651b4ac0.jpg

S2703 in Nani Iro double gauze or V8701 in Liberty? by meleliza, on Flickr

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

I like that swingy skirt on the Vogue!!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Indeed. And because it at least has some sleeves, I won’t feel like I need a jacket too. I didn’t actually mean to imbed this photo, I thought I was linking to it. If that’s not OK, hopefully the moderators will fix it.

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I like the Vogue pattern, too.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

If you did the Vogue then maybe the attache wont be far behind being a similar style. I think the one on the left is lovely but more of a summer occasion dress than spring.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Yes, you’re right. I’ll save the double gauze for summer like I planned and get started on the Vogue. Kitty voted for that one too. 🙂 So it’s unanimous. And the full skirt and the sleeves of the Vogue one I find a little dressier than anything else I’ve got right now, but not too dressy. Then I promise I’ll finish that attache! Thank you for your input.

Oh, I’m also finishing an 18″ version of that fairy tale communion dress. squee! What is everyone else working on this weekend?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Its a great choice because the style lends to both dressy and casual. the dolls version sound like so much fun and I bet Kitty will probably ask for one for her dolly too.

Because the weather is forecast to be cooler in the city when we are there, I want to go ahead and trace the jacket patterns for the kids along with tshirts, a few tunics, skirts and I will cut out a couple more pairs of trousers for Imogen with at least one being denim much to her dismay! She says her legs get itchy wearing denim and I dont really understand why because she will wear denim skirts. I also have to finish sewing the last two pairs for Noah just so they are finished and he can wear them with the shirts I just made him.

I also have the intense hankering to smock something so will get something organised to do on the school holidays – I’m thinking honeycomb smocking this time or Vandyke stitch. I have a method that will make it really stretchy so I may not need to triple the fabric width.

I anticipate pulling a few late nights this week just to catch up and get ahead, which ever way you want to look at it. But it is crunch time. I promised I wouldnt soend the whole holidays sewing and I intend to keep my promise AND clothe the kids t the same time.

Besides I wont be able to sew all holidays as my machine is going n for a service. I have a funny feeling the double thread topstitching method has thrown the tension out a bit – unfortunately.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I agree, Tamara. I’m going ahead with a muslin. But as I altered the pattern last ight I realized this dress has the dreaded waist dart, my nemesis at the moment.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Is there a way you could take it out? Sewing for myself in general is my nemesis right now so I can relate!

Viewing 15 posts - 2,161 through 2,175 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.