Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 2,071 through 2,085 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Silk bubbles sound lovely!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh that attache dress! It is staring me in the face and teasing – nah nah nah nah nah you cant fit me! All in good time oh faithless one is what I say! Cant wait to get one back! And I cant wait to see that dress Meleliza.

Silk bubbles do sound divine! That is one Oliver and s pattern I haven’t made but do possess, only because the girl grew to fast but ya never know! I make one just for the sake of it!

I am just up to the hand stitching of the two Pinwheel tunics and am still to sew the flounce of the second dress. I simply ran out of time this morning – or was it me becoming too engrossed in the audio story of Edith Wharton’s The Buccaneers that made the time run by?

All I know is they look really pretty – even if I do say so myself!

After the last flounce, I need to cut out two sketchbook shirts for N and hopefully have a chance to do another pair of field trip pants. We have a birthday celebration on the weekend but when, I have no idea! Just want to be prepared just incase I lose a day during the actual Easter festivities.

LINK
    theknittinganxiety @theknittinganxiety

sidewalkgoddess,

A silk bubble dress should be gorgeous, I hope we see that in the flickr group!

Rita

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

A silk Bubble dress sounds dreamy.

Trying to finish up Hugo’s work shirt before my brain dissolves and runs out my ears…….

Then another blazer for Zara in cobalt cord.

Here’s an idea,maybe O+S could make a blazer pattern as I think I shall go into Big4 meltdown soon.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’ve had a Japanese sewing week. If this warm weather keeps up the next project may be a roller skate dress. I’ve got a border print that’s been begging to be made into something, but there’s not been enough of it for many patterns. It might just make a Roller Skate Dress.

I love how the bubble dress pattern does both dressy and casual so well.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have blazer patterns from Ottobre design I want to make. I have to size the boy one up as it only goes to 122cm unless I can find one in a bigger size, complete with the elbow patches. Not sure if that one is lined but the girl one is and I have had my eye on doing that for a couple of years now. That is a project for after Easter! If miss 10 liked denim it would be fantastic but it is a huge ask for her to even wear jeans so I may be pushing my luck there – denim after school pants however are a different story, somehow!

Have successfully attached the last flounce and am still hand stitching binding. Photos will be taken soon to prove the result! Going to watch “Smash” and stitch to get it done so tomorrow I can cut out and sew at least one sketchbook shirt. Poor N, just wont wear pink and as a result, he is left until the pretty stuff is done!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I marvel at how much sewing you all do! I have hit a bump. Literally. I slipped and fell in the shower and have a concussion. Concentration hurts. But the headaches are getting better. So healing! But not anything to mess with. So I sit on the couch a lot! 🙂

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Bubble works up lovely in Dupioni. I made one last year for Easter. It’s very easy to work with, but I recommend lining it with something soft but crisp to help give it body. Maybe a nice shirting?

I will share the Attaché when I’ve got it done. I might even share the muslin if it goes well. I have to finish up the Easter dresses before I change my needle and thread. Just a few hand stitches for hers, but I’m not entirely pleased with my Crepe. It’s a strangely fitting pattern. I’ll try it on again later and see if I can figure out a way to fix it up a little. Perhaps I will only try independent companies who have the Liesl stamp of approval from now on! 🙂

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Totally torn today between doing fun things with kids, who are all home on Easter break, and sewing for myself! Mabye I can squeeze both in a little.

LINK
    sidewalkgoddess @sidewalkgoddess

Thanks for the encouragement! I am pretty excited. There will for sure be pictures in the Flickr group. Also, thank you for the tip about the lining. I was just wondering what I should line with.

Oh no Cybele! I hope you feel better soon!

LINK
    Sherry @mim22

Poor Cybele, I hope your head dosn’t hurt too much. Close your eyes and plan next seasons wardrobe, hope you are back to normal to enjoy easter.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Cybele you poor love! Rest is best!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Well, before I brutally threw my back out whilst reading bedtime stories (serially, wtf?), I managed to throw together a muslin for the Attaché dress. Um, that’s a lot of seams. However, it’s the seams that make it easier to fit. I took pictures so that if it works out, I can share. Anyway, a word of warning: this pattern is in fact, true to size! It has absolutely none of the excessive ease we’re used to with big4 patterns, so when you measure, do not lie to yourself and you won’t have to let it out over the waist and hips. Ahem. 🙂

however, it is supremely slimming, even in muslin form and the fba is easy peasy. More later. When my back feels better.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Would love the see it and how you did the FBA. I would like to sew more for myself but fitting and pattern choice are frustrating.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Odd isn’t it, how the least dangerous activities like taking a shower, or reading bedtime stories are what cause the injuries. Rest up, and when you’re better go mountain biking or something. At least any resulting injuries will seem reasonable.

i’m so impressed by people who sew well for themselves. I just can’t be bothered with adjusting things, hence nothing I’ve made for myself has ever worked. Give me a plank-like, shapeless child any day.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,071 through 2,085 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.