Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,846 through 1,860 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Trying to decide between the sketchbook shorts and the field trip cargo’s as shorts for an 8 year old, He won’t mind as long as it’s home made. I have to trace of either pattern and I was thinking about the sketchbook but having to add the seam allowances not just do a basic trace is putting me off slightly.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I just have handsewing to do on the pencil case and then I plan to “warm up” the quilting in preparation for tomorrow’s craft session. I will leave the patterns of other things for later in the week.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I’m making buttonholes on my Jump Rope dress tonight. Sofia picked some sweet floral metal buttons that I love. It will be pretty.

After that I have plans to sew up the School Photo dress I cut last week. I found some lace to overlay on the collar and I hope it will look as pretty as it does in my head.

I went to the fabric store yesterday to buy oilcloth for our table and came home with a short piece of lace and two cotton prints to make a Class Picnic blouse and a Badminton skirt from for Sofia. With a bit of discipline I may have them finished when she comes home from her grandparents on Wednesday.

After that it is really time for Isabel to get something. Cargo Pants and a new nightgown/jammies is on the agenda.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I think the Field trip would great as shorts Hieidi! My oldest would wear those. I will have to make him a few pairs. (great idea!!)

He really needs some new clothes and all the things at the stores aren’t what he likes to wear. Next month will be “Jacob” sewing month. He needs it all, pants, shorts and tops. Nicole and Cindy have gave me some really great idea’s on what to sew him. I will be trying to zipper fly too. (yikes! this scares me still!)

I am working on now three mustache Sketchook shirts. One shirt became two when Garrett seen the fabric. I bought three yards so I had enough and there was a tad of fabric left over, nothing more than enough to make a 6-12 month size so I cut one out for Prince C too. Now Jacon wants one too so I will have to go out and buy more for his. I don’t know what it is with boys and this fabric??

The sewing is coming along a bit slowly. I don’t hurt andymore but I am so tired still. Maybe I need to drink some energry drinks. 😉

LINK

I ended up choosing the field trip as it involved less mucking around in the tracing stages. I have the 6 & 12 half traced and hope to get to the other pieces this afternoon. then i need to find the denim in my stash.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes the Field trip pants would be great as shorts. I’m yet to try out that pattern in general. Even though it was planned, I didn’t get to craft and I didn’t sew a stitch yesterday! So the quilt is going away for the week and Im getting something else out. But what is the question.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

The School Photo is done. I’ll take a picture in the morning when it’s light out. I also sewed buttons in the Jump Rope and I might flood you with pics of it too. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

I have ironed the cotton Sofia picked out for a Class Picnic blouse and Badminton skirt so if I get out of bed on time in the morning I might have time to at least pin it before I go get the girls from their grandparents. I haven’t seen them since Sunday!

We have the rest of the week of for Winter holidays and I may or may not have a big birthday coming up this weekend that I need to prep for so if I don’t sew tomorrow morning I may not have time until next week. Wah!

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

My nearly 6 year old was home today. She hung out while I finished a hopscotch summer nightgown. She decided she wanted it to be sleeveless so I improvised a little contrasting ribbing trim for neck and armholes. It came out great, and I gave it a lettuce edge at the bottom.

It is so cute I think this nightgown might get worn as a dress sometimes.

Now I plan one for little sister. I think I’ll use a different color for the trim or my husband won’t be able to tell them apart. 😉

LINK

I finished tracing and cut my size 6 field trip shorts yeaterday in a sturdy very pale denim. The demin is made with white threads one way and bue the other, but it looks white with blue flecks, sort of reminding me of very acid washed jeans of the 80’s.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Puppet Show dress made,thank you Heidi,working on the shorts to be worn as bloomers now.

Next to sew is a birthday Wren dress for Tilly and then a jeans pattern to fit and make for Hugo.

LINK

Loved the puppet show dress in a single colour! Good luck with hugo’s jeans.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I had intended on finishing off the pile of cut out things before getting carried away with my “next big thing” project, but there’s one little Japanese pull on parka still to be sewn. I did get distracted and knocked out a bag last night. I’ll redraft the pattern at a reduced scale by about 66% to make one for A to match her potentially hilarious, high couture outfit.

But first, I will sew up the parka….

Meanwhile, I’m waiting on fabricdepot.com to get their act together regarding a pattern order. They’re stocking some of the Oliver + S patterns and have a choice few at very cheap prices. I ordered a size I’m needing for the “project” but their website ordering is being renovated and three weeks later they still can’t give me a shipping price, but are threatening to cancel my order if I don’t send them my credit card details. Lesson learnt: I should have just bought it direct from Oliver + S back in January….

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

That sounds bizarre Lightning! But I cam understand what you mean by wishing you’d ordered from Oliver and s. I haven’t really had a problem with fabric.com. Are you able to use paypal?

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Today I’m really wondering where so many find the time to plow through so many projects! What about school runs and children at home and housework? And I don’t even have farm chores. 🙂 Where does the day go?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I have wondered that too. I think it’s a bit of an illusion — somebody is always popping up with a fresh new project, so it gives the impression that nobody ever does anything but sew, when in fact it’s the output of a large group, not just a single individual. I try to remind myself that if I really wanted more sewing time, I could have it, but I’d have to give up working on the house renovations, photography, editing, reading, maintaining correspondence, baking …

I get the same feeling from a friend of mine who is a terrific reader. I hate being behind her! She’s read and seen everything, and her photography has gone ahead by leaps and bounds. Where does she find the time? But she doesn’t sew, or bake, or make films — she doesn’t have a kid and college is long behind her. So long as we’re each happy with our choices it all works out in the end.

Sorry, I should save the long-winded ramble for the News thread. In sewing news, I’ve finished the first draft of my tweed outfit, and know what I want to change for the second draft, but first I need to finish up a 2+2 outfit. It’s a stash bush, my first time making the pattern, so I’m really looking forward to finishing it.

I have a LTTS messenger bag cut out, but have now decided I don’t like the lining fabric I cut, so I have to find a new main that will work with the lining, and vice versa.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,846 through 1,860 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.