Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,771 through 1,785 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

Last week I polished off 3 bucket hats. I don’t know if I got better or if the large is just much easier than the extra small.

I’m not quite ready to give up winter sewing and move to spring. I cut out and sewed up my first pair of after school pants. I’ll put a photo once they are hemmed. After all my agonizing about size, the 5t was a pretty good fit. I slimmed the hips and waist ever so slightly. There is room to grow, but she isn’t swimming in them.

Up next…maybe a badminton skort?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I have so many other things I *should* be making, but I’ve been looking at all these Tweed Ride photos and I’m kind of obsessed with making a tiny little mismatched tweed outfit. Ack. So utterly impractical. I guess if you can’t go to school in a tweed suit when you’re 3 years old, when can you.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh la de da Sarvi! It sound so posh!

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

What tweed ride photos? I have be interested in sewing wool all month. I would like to sew a tweed jacket with leather elbow patches some day. I made my daughter a wool Birthday Party dress recently. I bought a piece of wool to make a cape maybe next week. Now the weather is so weird. I think spring may be here soon.

LINK
    highpowermom @highpowermom

Meleliza, *I* want that coat!

Finished two pairs of long pants (sketchbook and sailboat) last week. Today I cut the sketchbook shirt out of a train print linen and coordinating blue cotton. Took a little longer than planned because my girlfriend suggested using flat piping (which she knows is my weakness!) so I had to cut some extra pieces and bias. Was in the process of laying out a shorts/short sleeved sleepover PJ in Michael Miller “sprockets” (robots and gears) when I suddenly decided that fabric would make a really fun sketchbook shirt. So I put it on hold until I sew up the first one and see how it fits.

Next up, a little boy’s Victorian sailor suit for an event in February. I was going to remake a reproduction pattern I used last year, but the sketchbook shorts fit so well I’m just going to use that pattern for the shorts. Not sure what to use for the middy blouse or coat yet.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Meleliza, have you only got the 0-24m pattern for bubble and tea party and this is why at 3T she is too big? I’m not sure if I read it wrong or if there’s something I’ve missed.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Still doing swirly patterns on appliquéd pieces! Hoping to complete this part today.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I am not sure if the tweed outfit will be posh or just comical, we’ll see. I was thinking of things like this:

http://steampunkchronicle.com/Portals/4/SPCArticles/2012/Neil%20Fein/wtr09allofus2speiacrop.jpg

or this:

http://jamesmudgett.com/shared/group-dallastweed09.jpg

HPM, I look forward to seeing the little Victorian outfit!

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I especially like the hats.

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

I like the jacket on the right…

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/jaborwhalky/4088728507/

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ooh, me too, thank you for the link!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I love tweed.

When I was 12 I made myself two Harris tweed pencil skirts,lined with zippers,I loved those skirts.

After a slow muddled week I finished my Lisette Traveller blouse. I have an CC dress cut to sew up for Liddy’s birthday which has jumped the queue(Elsa should be next) and Hugo has asked me if I can make red flags and bunting for next Friday’s swimming carnival.

I hope I can get it done.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

The cold temps and bitter winds kept us indoors afte school today. While the boys built a huge Thomas track and Lego city, K and I got to work on some baby doll clothes. It looks like a fabric bomb tornado hit my room after I told her to look in my scrap bins for fabric. But after an afternoon of drafting and sewing trials, I have completed a pro type baby doll ice cream dress! I will share pictures tomorrow!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Sounds like fun – and like the floor of my sewing nook!

I have one panel left to do before sewing the actual things up! Just having a break ad the background fabric was making my eyes fuzzy – that and lack of sleep!

Hoping to have the majority finished by bedtime tonight!

LINK
    highpowermom @highpowermom

Sarvi, love the steampunk bicycle photo, how fun! I like Maggie’s link, too! My girlfriend just showed me this today, it might look good in tweed: Desmond Jacket

Viewing 15 posts - 1,771 through 1,785 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.