Oliver + S

Anyone up for a sewing challenge?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • LINK
    theknittinganxiety @theknittinganxiety

Count with me for this challenge, the O+S patterns that I have and did not sew yet are,

2+2 skirt

2+2 blouse

Sunday brunch skirt

Sailboat shirt

Bubble dress

I’m not sure about the bubble dress, I did not find a fabric that I thought it would be good for fall and to this pattern. I’m new to sewing and I have a lot of difficulties to understand fabric.

For the others I already purchase the fabric, just need to finish a top of a kimono bedtime story for my baby and I’m good to start the challenge.

I have a huge problem, I have more ambition than time, I want to do so much but I dont have time to do it, I’m a full time worker, the only time I have is after I put my baby to sleep at night. If I pull this off, next I’ll sew a picking apple dress in flannel, I just fall in love with one that I saw in the flickr pool.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

If you’re trying to figure out fabric for the Bubble Dress, save it for last and treat yourself to some Liberty of London lawn. It’s perfect for that dress and a real treat to sew!

-Liesl (signed on as Todd)

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’m not at the point of joining in this challenge yet but somehow have already started with the new patterns. So I can scratch Book Report dress off my list because that was conquered (and I won!). So what I would like to make and haven’t yet is:

Family Reunion top and dress

A short sleeved jumprope in each view (does it count if it was enlarged?)

View A of the Croquet dress (the sweetest dress ever!)

The new patterns but Book Report

Hopscotch skirt in summer fabric

Short sleeved Hopscotch tops and dresses

Apple Picking dress with long sleeves

Class Picnic shorts and top (I have made the top)

I have to think of the others – all the older ones that I didn’t get to make my daughter because she grew out of them too quick but I will make them anyway – just for the sake of it!

As for fabrics, someone once told me I could open a shop! So will have to look in my “shop” for inspiration.

I do have some wonderful Amy Butler fabric that would be divine in the Fairy Tale dress (I just hope the size 12 fits my girl!!) with a few little added extras and I am still hunting for rose applique tulle!

Oh I thought of another! I want to shorten the legs and arms on the Sleepover pj’s to make “shortie” pyjamas for the kids for summer – does that count too?

LINK

Todd,

Thank you very much for the tip, I’ll take that in consideration when I get to the bubble dress. And I’ll definitely save it for last.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I know what I forgot to add to my list! The Badminton skort and top! Of course I haven’t made that yet as we are only just coming into warmer weather. Did I mention the Teaparty romper aswell? I’ll make that in a teeny baby size and give it as a gift I think.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Tamara the baby Teaparty romper is just so cute. Maybe because of it’s size? 🙂 I am so in love with pattern for little ones!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’m looking forward to whipping one up for my boss – she doesn’t know the baby’s gender so I’m thinking of going for aqua gingham with red to make it unisex and I’ll team it with a hat. She’s due the day after my birthday which is really nice but the job will have ended by then (fortunately for her. She doesn’t want to be stuck up here away from medical attention when having a first baby). I’m trying to find out colour preferences without giving the game away.

I have liberty earmarked for a Fairy tale dress once I have worked to fit the bodice. And some for a Family Reunion blouse.

I’ll get my daughter to pick what she wants in the way of the Badminton skorts and top. I would love to make just the shorts for school for next term.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’ve jumped a bit and am making a birthday present, then hopefully back onto the challenge.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’m attacking my pile with vigour now.

I’ve finished the sailboat top for my nephew (I still haven’t made a “normal” top, having done two altered dresses and one altered top now, but surely i can tick that pattern off?!) and made my straight-up, over the top nautical Sailboat Pants.

Now I’ve started on the Croquet Dress. The View B yoke attachment had me absolutely baffled as I couldn’t picture how anything would be right side out, but I strictly followed the pattern instructions and of course it all worked out.

The cut-out pile now (only) consists of a Music Box Dress, a 2+2 Top, 2+2 Skirt and a Family Reunion Dress.

Trouble is, my Nature Walk pattern has arrived and the Evel Knievel jumpsuit idea is pulling so strongly…..

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Would live to see how to make nature walk made into a jumpsuit. I can think of lots of dress ups I could make.

LINK

Sunday Brunch Skirt is done!

I bought a pink twill to do the 2+2 skirt and I already had a blue turquoise to sew a sunday brunch skirt.

I buy the fabric by the directions of the patters, and this weekend with the fabric for the 2+2 skirt I cut also the Sunday brunch skirt. So with the Blue turquesa I cut one puppet show shorts.

Then I was able to sew the sunday brunch skirt and the puppet show shorts. I like the skirt but the shorts are the cutest thing I’ve ever made so far, they look so great on her… I need to get some pictures to share in the flickr pool.

LINK
    wendy @wendyls

I have soooo digressed from my modest list. I solemnly vow to make a school photo dress before cutting anything else out. After that I’m onto two School Days raincoats.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

I digressed too and sewed a Class picnic dress and a skirt from Patty Young. How does this happen? Off to finish the apple picking dress.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I now how it happens to me… I go looking at that Flickr pool where photos get shared like crack dealers offering free samples. Suddenly I’ve got another pattern, another idea, another unfinished garment in the pile.

LINK
    katybellabug @katybellabug

LOl! That happens to me too. If my productivity levels were as great as my imagination my sewing machine would be red hot!

I have been good and completed the Sunday Brunch Jacket I pledged I would sew up. Buttons are now on. The Jump rope pattern is still unprinted though and is sitting on my shoulder whispering into my ear to start it. Next project? Maybe?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.