Oliver + S

Anyone up for a sewing challenge?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • LINK
    emstone @emstone

Thanks so much Shelley. I have some extra brown corduroy that is left over from a Sailboat Skirt that I cut out last night and I plan on using that and a printed corduroy for the bodice. I will really have to fiddle with it to make sure I cut everything correctly and have enough of the fabric but hopefully it will work out. It has been unbearably hot here with some extra high humidity so I am looking forward to fall and winter this year. I am dreaming of a crisp fall day while I am planning all of the girl’s clothes.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Kudos to Peta (etcetera147) for knocking out her hoarded patterns already! I’ve been half heartedly working on mine over the summer but only finished the Sketchbook Shorts. I know I won’t get my list done before the new patterns are released so I’m aiming for the end of the year.

My list:

Puppet Show dress (cut out and hoping to work on it today!)

Sailboat Skirt

Playdate Dress

School Days Coat

School Photo Dress

Nature Walk Pullover + Pants

Sketchbook Shirt

Music Class Blouse + Skirt

Starfish Stencil from Sandbox pants

Bedtime Story PJs

My list makes me want to crawl back under my covers and go back to sleep!lol

Cindy

LINK
    wendy @wendyls

Cindy, my list actually looks a lot like yours! I’m just approaching it in tiny spurts.

I kind of like an open ended challenge. I’m going to try for two dresses in two weeks since I’ve got some other things to finish up and then keep up the momentum. Until I get sidetracked by the fall release, of course. ๐Ÿ™‚

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

I’ll join in too!

I have;

Sailboat top & Pants (though, I have made a pair of the pants, but never finished them…so I’m not counting it)

Sketchbook top/Pants

Family Reunion blouse

Puppet Show tunic

Afterschool Pants

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Wendy, this is a fun idea. I’m going with stash patterns and fabric.

Birthday Party Dress

Apple Picking Dress

Music Box Jumper

I’ve got a few other patterns that are unused too,but those will have to wait!

Thanks for the inspiration.

Robin

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I am new to Oliver and S, so I only own 2 patterns, I just completed the second one today. However, I love seeing in Flickr the patterns and fabrics you all are using, prior to the finished product. It helps with the inspiration.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I have just traced out the hopscotch short sleeved dress is size 10. Now need some clear elastic/stretch interfacing.

Yes justsewit, I am back from my holiday. I introduced my friends to Oliver and S (and Nicole’s blog!), they are looking forward to sewing some more with these great patterns.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you Heidi,what a lovely thing to say!

Tilly has been bumped up to a CPC (kindy) visit next Tuesday so will need a ‘uniform’.

Badminton skorts in navy and a Music Class blouse in red should do the job AND take care of one pattern challenge.

Now,if I could convince my husband to get me pregnant that would take care of my last pattern I need to use.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

hhmm, just show him lots and lots of cute baby things! Or just start sewing some “maybe if” and then it will happen. ๐Ÿ™‚

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

I have the Ice Cream dress and blouse on my bucket list. I also have the School Days Coat on my bucket list but not sure if I’ll make it this winter yet or not. I have a piece of teal velveteen set aside for a coat, but there is a Burda pattern in the running too. I’ve got a serious bucket list of non-Oliver + s patterns I hope to work through this fall too, so I can justify buying more Oliver + s. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck on that one, Nicole.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you Girls!

‘Flogging’ ‘Dead’ and ‘Horse’ spring to mind!

LINK
    wendy @wendyls

“Flogging a dead horse sewing challenge”. That’s a WAY better name!

LINK
    sarahb @sarahb

I forgot! I also have the Bedtime Story pajama pattern and I even bought flannel to make a set for each of my kids last Christmas, but never even started them!

LINK
    Jenny @Jenny

So I have a half-finished 2+2 top and a matching skirt cut out, along with mother/daughter dresses using Lissette & Class Picnic (?), a half-finished family reunion dress, and a music-box blouse and skirt. That’s just the stuff that I’ve cut (in size 3 for my daughter who is 2 & 10 months and tall for her age, with fall right around the corner), to say nothing of a huge pile of untouched O&S patterns in the smaller size range (so they have to be done before she grows out of 4s) & a similar raft of projects for myself, some of which date back to pre-pregnancy….In other words, beyond this opportunity to confess, for which I’m grateful, I am hoping someone has an idea about how to put some motivating bite into the challenge–deadlines, incentives, something!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I have 9 unmade patterns, if we count making any element of any pattern in any size as having made it. Sheesh. I’ll be done in about another eighty years.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.