Oliver + S

Anyone up for a sewing challenge?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Katy, you and I must be twins somewhere along the line – my machine would be red hot also should my productivity levels keep up with the creative ideas whirling around in my noggin. Good golly! I’m reeling from a disasterous sewing event I was preparing for so in a way have seriously digressed also.

I have forgotten what I have written so will have to write it down to make myself accountable and then prepare to bombard the flickr group with photos of my intentions (because I am a visual person!)

I will be able to start next week once other commitments from this week are out of the way.

LINK
    katybellabug @katybellabug

Haha! Maybe! So many patterns….. so little time. And now Kids Clothes week is coming. But seriously yey for being encouraged to sew!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I have finished my last side track of trench and hat, now I am tracing off the family reunion in 6m-4. I will probably make a 4 first but while the pattern’s out I might as well trace it all, or at least a fair bit, that way I can just make it when I decide. I have my material chosen for the size 4 but it will need to wait until I change my orvelocker back to white (it’s black at the moment). However I have 2-4 pairs dark of trousers to make for me and a black pettiskirt for a birthday present before I change it back.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

I can finally knock another pattern, well half of a pattern, off my list. I made a Nature Walk pullover! I do have another project in the works too…the School Days coat. It’s cut out and I’ve sewn the hood together. Slow progress, but progress never the less!

Cindy

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I think I might be running backwards in this race, I’m adding more patterns to my pile than I’m making garments…. Darn you facebook20% off sale! 😉

LINK

I’ve added more patterns too. But as I made the class picnic shirt the day I got the pattern, I figure the new pattern doesn’t even count in the challenge. And I have plans to add hula hoop, firefly, sketchbook and filed trip to my collection to complete all my Harry Potter outfits.

Maybe give yourself a couple of months (or maybe six months) grace period for the new patterns, then you can just focus on the current list and if you haven’t used the new ones by them, just add them to the list and keep sewing!

LINK

Forgive me sewers for I have sinned. It’s been two weeks since I last made an Oliver + S garment….

But, I’m back on the bandwagon now and I’ve started again on my little pile of cut out stuff.. Currently sewing up the brown and green 2+2 outift. It’s the second time I’ve made the top and the second time I’ve cheated and omitted the back placket. Yay for small headed children. I must do it properly one day.

LINK
    highpowermom @highpowermom

“Sew It While It Fits”, LOL. Hard to believe boy has grown out of entire pattern size ranges that I only made one garment from…

So… how exactly does this challenge work??

My list:

(1) I’ve had fabric for the Sleepover pajamas since last spring, those need to be done for our annual “new pajamas on Christmas Eve” custom.

(2) Long pants for winter, I’m looking at the Sailboat (add length), Field trip cargos, and maybe picking up the Sandbox.

(3) I have fabric for two button shirts, I’m liking the Sketchbook for that.

(4) A few more of the Field trip raglan tees, long sleeved for winter, school and pajamas.

That’s the winter list. Can’t start till November, right now I’m in a frenzy heading towards a four-day hands-on garment sewing workshop for myself at the end of this month!

LINK

I’m on a roll now. I made the Music Box Jumper today that was in the cutout pile. It wasn’t until I got to the button hole placement that I remembered I was making a size 2T. It looks like I could put it away for at least 6 months….. If I recall it was a trial for whether that was the pattern for my Children At Play fabric. Must write these ideas down so I have some idea what I’m doing and why.

Anyhow, only one dress to go in the pile, then I can start the costume I’m so excited about.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Watch out world here I come!

Because it so happens to be a fortunate week off for me (blame school holidays) and KCWC at the same time, I have basically glued myself to the sewing machines (yes plural if you count the overlocker and the “new girl” coverstitch machine) and started making sure the dead horse is well…. dead!

So far I this week alone have completed a Fairy tale dress, made two badminton skirts, sewn a family reunion top AND an enlarged 2+2 aswell as view a of the Croquet dress.

I feel as though I have done more sewing this week for my kids than I have all year! and I am probably correct!

So my list now includes:

a short sleeved version of both views (enlarged) of the Jumprope dress,

Badminton shorts, skorts and dress (es)

Family Reunion dress(es)

Class picnic shorts

Field trip t-shirts and pants

Music box jumper (the one with the middle pleat)

I want to enlarge the sailboat pants for the girl

the hula hoop skirt

Firefly jacket

and, and… whatever comes next!

I have literally thousands of pieces of fabric sitting on my table set into sort of piles under their patterns so I am set to be rather busy tomorrow!

LINK

FINISHED! [raises hands in the air and dances around]

The cut out pile I started with is done. And so are the seven hats that distracted me, and I’m about halfay through a little hand made quilt that proved to be another sidetrack.

Of course I acquired some new patterns, so the new list of completely untouched patterns is (I think)

Nature Walk

Field Trip

Ice Cream

Swing Set

Book Report

Birthday Party

…. oops.

LINK

Congratulations Lightning!

Well done finisheing all thoes patterns. Enjoy this time of starting afresh with the new ones.

LINK

I’ve now used my Nature Walk, although not to make a plain nature walk jumper or pants but as the basis of my Harry Potter robe, but I’ve definitely used it!

2 down 3 to go (but not till after Chistmas!!)

LINK
    wendy @wendyls

Well, I’ve managed a Jump Rope dress, a School Days raincoat and an Apple Picking dress. The School Photo dress is perpetually preempted and in the whole process I’ve discovered a Playdate dress pattern tucked away and also the Nature Walk pattern, from which I’ve only sewn the pants. Oh, and the 2+2, and Music Class skirts. And the hopscotch top/dress. And the After School top. Oh dear. Anything else? Sketchbook, top and bottom. I think I’ll stop now.

But you’re all doing so well! Awesome!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

It’s been a whole month?!(gasp shocked!) I’ve fallen off the track. Best get back on. I found a pink and orange spot Class Picnic top on my cutting table so I’ll sew that tomorrow – after I clean up the rest of the mess and world stops spinning so fast!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.