etc3
-
Sarvi replied to the topic Sizing question in the forum oliver + s: popover 10 years ago
Looks like the Popover Dress size chart lists garment measurements rather than body measurements. Looking at the body measurement chart for another pattern, 22.5″ puts you in a size 4 — so it sounds like your cute dress with the size 6 chest can accommodate any surprise growth spurts this summer and perhaps take you through winter as well, with a…[Read more]
-
Sarvi replied to the topic Merino source in the forum off topic 10 years ago
I have bought from the Fabric Store and the quality is fabulous. I wonder whether Rockywoods would have anything suitable?
-
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoAnd that’s a wrap! You’re going to show me your suits, too, right?
-
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoHello, everyone. Hope you had a great weekend! Day 4 of the sew-along is up and ready for you…
-
juliamom2009 replied to the topic Sizing question in the forum oliver + s: popover 10 years ago
I did a Popover dress using fold-over elastic in the past. It worked great. I measured the dress on my daughter and sewed the FOE into a circle and applied it folded over the armhole. In fact, I just finished up another Popover. Intended to use fold-over elastic again but couldn’t find it in my disaster of a sewing room. Literally, the minute…[Read more]
-
Nicole replied to the topic Sizing question in the forum oliver + s: popover 10 years ago
Why don’t you colour block and cut the 2 for the top and then make it wider, gradually, with a bit of trimming as you go?
-
Nicole replied to the topic The Limerick Thread in the forum off topic 10 years ago
I can’t decide which is my size
Do I go by my waist or my thighs? -
Nicole replied to the topic Finishing knits in the forum oliver + s: school bus t-shirt 10 years ago
@eboyd83 I have tried a few but my latest ones are from Cash’s name labels.
They have been the best, and if you contact them directly they will do a large bulk order.
xx Nicole
-
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoDay 3 of the sew-along is ready!
-
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Help with fitting at back please! in the forum liesl + co: bistro dress 10 years ago
Yes, I think @justsewit might be right. It’s difficult to tell from the photos, but you might want to try a swayback adjustment. Or maybe you just need to take in the hips more? It sort of looks like if you pin the hips, especially at the back, to be a little tighter you’ll eliminate the drag lines. It definitely doesn’t need to be looser–overall…[Read more]
-
Nicole replied to the topic The Limerick Thread in the forum off topic 10 years ago
What did I do with my thread?
It’s normally kept by the bed
‘Cuz I stitch in my sleep
Embroidering sheep
Non-mulesed and organically fed.(do not google mule-sing)
There is rumoured to be a new book.
-
Nicole replied to the topic The Limerick Thread in the forum off topic 10 years ago
What did I do with my thread?
It’s normally kept by the bed
‘Cuz I stitch in my sleep
Embroidering sheep
Non-mulesed and organically fed.(do not google mule-sing)
The is rumoured to be a new book.
-
Nicole replied to the topic Help with fitting at back please! in the forum liesl + co: bistro dress 10 years ago
@thesimpson5 I am pretty new to this fitting business but I find if my seams are on the outside they are easier to adjust.
-
Nicole replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 10 years ago
I finished my jeans. I had a few issues with the back yoke fit but I have that sorted now (I think), and have cut a second pair.
-
Nicole replied to the topic Question about sending private messages in the forum about the forums 10 years ago
-
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoHey everyone! Any questions so far?
-
Deb replied to the topic The Limerick Thread in the forum off topic 10 years ago
What did I do with my thread?
It’s normally kept by the bed
‘Cuz I stitch in my sleep -
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoHello and welcome! We’re so glad you’re joining us for the sew-along.
This is the schedule for the B6358 sew-along. Please note that I’ve changed it a bit from the original schedule:
May 23 Day 1: Cut out your fabric and practice your sewing. Find the right stitches and techniques for your suit.
May 25 Day 2: View A: Assemble the tie fro…[Read more] -
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoHello and welcome! We’re so glad you’re joining us for the sew-along.
This is the schedule for the B6358 sew-along. Please note that I’ve changed it a bit from the original schedule:
May 23 Day 1: Cut out your fabric and practice your sewing. Find the right stitches and techniques for your suit.
May 25 Day 2: View A: Assemble the tie fro…[Read more] -
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoHello and welcome! We’re so glad you’re joining us for the sew-along.
This is the schedule for the B6358 sew-along. Please note that I’ve changed it a bit from the original schedule:
May 23 Day 1: Cut out your fabric and practice your sewing. Find the right stitches and techniques for your suit.
May 25 Day 2: View A: Assemble the tie fro…[Read more] - Load More
copyright
Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2026. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.