Oliver + S

Merino source

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

Our summer trip is to Glacier National Park which reads cold nights for my Florida kids. I want to make a few fieldtrip Ragland and leggings in either a merino knit or thin fleece. Does anyone have any favorite sources for high quality technical fabrics online?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’m wearing a merino fleece Metro T right now! Have a look at http://www.thefabricstore.com.au the have an L.A. store so US shipping should be reasonable.
    There’s an amazing outdoor fabric supplier in the UK that I’ve purchased from, and I keep finding one in Canada when I’m searching online, but I forget the name….

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

@lightningmcstitch did you go in person to this place or buy online because I noticed they look as though they ship from NZ.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

@justsewit I have always gone in person yo the Melbourne store. There are stores in Wellington (NZ), Sydney & Melbourne (Aus) and Los Angeles (U.S.A.)
    I guess they’d ship from whichever had stock and was closest to you.
    Now that it has turned cold I want a wardrobe full of merino fleece long sleeved tees!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I love merino on the sheep and on me but I feel really sad that this place uses only nz merino wool☹️ .It would be awesome to be totally out of the box and build somesort of refinery to make the fabric myself, but we’d need all the wool in NZ for that (they seem to have more sheep for their population) and a jackpot lotto win (and even then it woukd be questionable). Still the colours are pretty awesome to look at and yes I think I’d want a cupboard full too! I will just have to hide the “made in…” ticket from dh.

LINK
    Aussie Gal @Aussie

The Drapery in Adelaide has some Australian made merino wool jersey http://www.thedrapery.com.au/category/merino-wool-jersey
    Hope this helps.

LINK
    Rpankow @excytin

@mcholley1, http://www.naturesfabrics.com has a great line of super soft wool for base layers and is a company based out of the US. The selection of colors isn’t great, but the products are very nice. I’ve gotten their washable wool jersey as neck gaiters and undershirts. It is so buttery soft! I’ve had so many people be surprised that the material is wool. Husband loves it so much, he wants boxer shorts made out of it.
    I’m extremely jealous of your Glacier Park visit! I’ve heard that it’s one of the most beautiful of all the National Parks. Have fun!

-Rebecca

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

Thanks for all the great sources! It looks like the fabric store is the best price even with international shipping. Now to decide on weight…

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I have bought from the Fabric Store and the quality is fabulous. I wonder whether Rockywoods would have anything suitable?

LINK
    jax @capnjax

Ottobre magazine has merino knit in their Etsy store now, I don’t know how the prices compare though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.