Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Wasn’t the wedding wonderful? I thought she looked like a European princess – absolutely gorgeous! So because I also “went” to the wedding, I achieved, whilst being a “guest”, one pair of sandbox pants in blue corduroy and one Music class skirt in hot pink corduroy.

Went away over the weekend and have only just arrived home with sewing machine and kids in tow. I half made two Hopscotch tops (only the hems on one and sleeves, sides and hems on the other) whilst away so will finish these off hopefully tomorrow while the children are back at school.

I still have two pairs of sandbox pants, one music class skirt and two hopscotch skirts cut out and ready to sew and then I can get started on the winter pants for school (weekend I think).

Can’t wait for my parcel of CW and MW fabric to arrive and then I can have more fun!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Lots of drafting,not much sewing but I am getting a major baby fix!

My neighbour up the road has just had a baby girl,so I am up there for a few hours in the morning doing some jobs and then bringing her 18 mnth old home with me.

Did I mention I love babies?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Drafting this end also. I managed two long sleeved Hopscotch shirts out of 1.5 yards of fabric yesterday! Miracle in size 12! Anyway have that, a hopscotch dress (used as a nightie) and a red hopscotch shirt ready to sew. Am drafting a lengthened version of Sandbox pants (keep wanting to term them as sandpit lol!) for miss 8 as they were too short in the crotch but just right elsewhere with a little bit added to the side. I plan to make these in denim and then make some in school pant fabric to get her started when the cold hits. I have fabric waiting in the wings for three Music class shirts and three Sketchbook shirts so I don’t think I will actually be sewing anything until tomorrow. Oh and I spent a goo hour searching for my Icecream dress pattern as I have a light purple velveteen to use up (miss 8 is “into” purple) and it would look rather funky with a pink shirt underneath (so she thinks). I have 1.5 hours to cut something out before doing the dance run.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I’m working on a School Days Coat for my little girl and when I tried it on her I realise I may make the size 8 fit on my big girl. Sofia was swimming in the size 6 and these days they are usually pretty tight.

So I want to finish the coat tonight (might not happen as we’ll have company) – I need to attach the sleeves to the lining, draft a collar (I’m skipping the hood since it’s a summer coat), attach said collar and lining.

I also need buttons but I think I may have buttons at home that will be suitable.

After that I’ll draft the size 8 and make a toile for Isabel and see where I need to make adjustments. I know I’ll have to lengthen the sleeves.

After that on the list are two Seashore dresses (size 6 and 10) and at least one Jump Rope or School Photo dress, not sure yet.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’ve decided to just cut out patterns and sew by colour this week. I have just sut out a pair of Sandbox pants lengthened and widened to fit miss 8 – in light pink corduroy. Next will be a pair in denim followed by one pair in school pant fabric (apparently it will be cold by the end of the week). I’ll whip up the school pants and then go back to cutting out Music class shirts with a pink colourway so that I can just sew all the pink things then move onto the other colours.

The aim is to have as much done in little miss’s wardrobe by Sunday and then I have to start on mumber one son’s casual clothes.

Mother of 5 I don’t blame you for loving babies – with the small brood you have I can tell lol! Here it is getting to the point of pleading for another – I want to be busy again.

LINK
    emstone @emstone

I finished 2 pairs of Puppet Show shorts in khaki and pink cotton as well as some elastic shirred tops with CW pink dot knit fabric. I had purchased 1/2 a yard and was not sure what I was going to do with it. I used the whole amount for 2 tunic length tops for my girls. It is such a great fabric to work with that I am planning on picking some more up at my LQS.

I have 2 more pairs of Puppet show shorts cut in navy linen and in the Lisette chambray. I am participating in Elsie Marley’s Kids Clothes Week Challenge so those are on the top of the pile as well as 2 swingset tops. I tried the bodice portion of one this weekend and royally messed it up. I had even printed off the tutorial from the blog and still had problems. I will have to try it with a clearer head.

I am trying to shop from my stash to find the perfect fabric for a Seashore Sundress for my 2yo A. That needs to get traced and finished for a birthday party this weekend.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

I just finished a 2+2 blouse (and sadly didn’t take a picture before I mailed it off to a friend). On my list is to finish the puppet show shorts (I think I made them in a size too small. They fit, but look a bit snug when M bends over! lol), Sailboat pants (lengthened), and another playdate dress.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’m pleased to announce that I have just finished an altered pair of Sandbox pants for miss 8. I had to lengthen the crotch by 1 inch and width by 1 inch at the sides and it fit perfectly! Not alteration to length but to take 2 inches away! I am now confident to forge ahead with the pink corduroy pants I cut out earlier.

I’m currently in the process of cutting out my first (of many) Music class shirts in a size 10 with a 12 length to see how it all works (don’t worry I didn’t cut up the good CW fabric I bought for this).

But for now though, I think I’m done sewing for the day as it started for me at 4am (don’t ask why) and so I am a bit bleery eyed and ready for sleep and it is only 4.30pm.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Well, I’ve been cruising along with KCWC and have completed 2 nightgowns and a Hopscotch top. Today will be all about O+S with 2 Class Picnic sets and a Seashore Dress cut out and waiting to be sewn. Luckily, we’re spending the afternoon/evening at my parents’ house so I should have at least a few hours of uninterrupted sewing time!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Finishing up 7 pair of trousers for Son&Heir.

Five in navy cord,two in denim all from the Sketchbook pattern.

As for cutting,I have altered the Nature Walk top into a rugby and cut out eight in a woollen knit for school jumpers.

I want to sew something pretty!!!!!!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I can feel your pain motherof5. One can only tolerate so much of colours that don’t make you want to play (and sew).

I have finished 4 pairs of black (dull and boring) Sandbox pants – 3 for the number one son and only one for miss 8 (which I really have to sew more for) and they are all for school.

I made a Hopscotch dress which miss 8 uses as a nightie, yesterday out of the luscious Modern Workshop interlock (so nice and snuggly). During the week I made a pair of light purple velveteen sandbox pants in an altered size 8 using the Sketchbook pockets in a floral print – only the cuffs to do. I have 2 of the 4 Music class shirts sewn and only the handsewing and buttons to do (but had to do a size 12 even though dd’s measurements went in the size 10 cateogry for some reason it was a bit too snug for her liking – oh well!) I have one in the pink print from City Weekend ready to sew.

At the moment it is a plethora of pink with a mix of this really lovely purple that miss 8 “HAD TO HAVE!!!” and so the cutting continues. At the moment on the table is a half cut out hot pink School Photo dress in corduroy which will top the pink list I think.

Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will have 5 hopscotch shirts sewn up, at least one School Photo Dress completed, buttons on all the shirts plus the two cut out and sewn up finished not to mention the pink and magenta corduroy Sandbox and Sketchbook trousers respectively at least 3 Nature walk and Ice cream tops cut out and THEN I think I will be ready for some more black!!

You are very lucky to be able to sew school jumpers. We have to wear the one’s with the logo which are printed so a bit hard to replicate.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

We-ell,we are supposed to purchase them….. but I have been sewing them for eight years and the school yard is riddled with our hand-me-downs and no one has tackled me yet!

LINK
    Mandy1977 @Mandy1977

I just finished up a pair of Sailboat Pants and a Sailboat skirt. Now it’s two 2+2 blouses and then I can start on the Family Reunion Top! I can’t wait!

LINK
    Mandy1977 @Mandy1977

PS – I seem to remember that April had the same issue with her daughter’s clothes for school, needing the logo that is. I think she talked to them and found out where the embroidery was being done and then had it added to the jump rope dresses she made. It’s all a bit fuzzy now but it might be worth an ask at the school.

LINK
    TriMama @TriMama

I am sewing just for me these days! On my sewing table right now is a green lined Lisette Market skirt plus a bunch of things from Ottobre Woman.

I finished a pair of brown linen sailboat pants for ODD this weekend and am a bit annoyed that she refuses to wear them. Oh well, I should know better since she’s a skirts and dresses only girl. Both ODD and YDD went to daycare today in Oliver + S outfits. YDD in a jumprope dress and ODD in a sailboat skirt and ruffle top.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.