Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,356 through 5,370 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

What about the Garden Party? With the lace on or just under the yoke and/or waistband. Lovley gathers and minimal pattern matching šŸ™‚

LINK

Making myself another large messenger bag! The fabric on my current one is showing wear šŸ™‚

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Ok, I have to bite the bullet and sew big kid pants! There is NOTHING in the shop that remotely looks anywhere NEAR acceptable! Truly disappointing but, hey, I knew it would come around eventually.

So off to Spotlight I trotted and bought denim. Now I have to find a pattern to fit Noah as I have the Jalie to fit Imogen. I will compare Thread theory measurements with his and see if I can use the ones I have been saving. If all else fails there is always Ottobre but I am not going to get my hopes up – I Haven’t had a lot of luck with sewing trousers for Noah from them.

So, packing the shopping away and edging and washing denim seems to be on the immediate to do list.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Heidi do you enlarge the larger size, or is it big enough as-is?

I’m a deer in headlights at the moment, frozen in between numerous baby projects and not knowing what to make for which baby.

LINK

Sarvi, I use the large messenger bag as is šŸ™‚ I can fit an A4 notebook, wallet, phone, drink bottle and lunch. And there’s often a little space left for some shopping, fabric of course šŸ™‚
    This is the 3rd one I’ve made myself, it’s the bag I use every day. I must get photos of the original one I made that shows the wear marks šŸ™‚ I’ve made 3 more for my mum and one for a friend. It’s a fantastic bag šŸ™‚

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’m ready to throw this music class blouse in the bin! I am still trying to work out how on earth I have one cuff longer than the other. The topstitching needs to be unpicked. I just don’t like this shirt anymore!

I have to return to Spotlight in the morning because I came home with only half my purchases! The saleslady did a handover halfway through serving me and the girl didn’t pack the things done first in the bag – and I failed to notice. So I didn’t get to edge the denim and wash it in order to get some big kid sewing done!

Oh what a non productive sewing weekend!

LINK

How frustrating Tamara!
    I’m trying my first straight stitch society pattern, I have all the pieces cut for the Have It All Wallet. Now to see if I can find the interfacing!

LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

Tamara you could try burda 9606. I have used it for my boys, despite the fact that there is a girl on the front. Because the pattern is quite straight (no extra hip allowance) it works for boys as well. My boy is on the slim side so men’s jeans are too big. We did need to add some depth to the torso area and some to the leg.

I wrote a review on pattern review for it. My 15 yo and I just finished another pair before school this morning.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have finally finished my daughters vintage pattern trench coat. (Happy dance)

I am looking forward to sewing her twin’s Lisette Moto jacket. Far less fabric to negotiate.

LINK
    Anonymous @

Yay! You finished it!

LINK
    Anonymous @

Were you able to retrieve the rest of your fabric from the store, Tamara?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh yes! @sahmcolarado I did! Thankfully they had put it aside for me. And because there is still 30% off all dress fabrics at Spotlight, I “splurged” and bought a metre of purple double velvet! I’ll make something special but what I am currently unsure.

Kerrilyn, the music class shirt was for the baby but I will make a note of the pattern you mentioned, thankyou.

So tonight I can (finally) edge the denim and wash it. The drill, I hope will become a secret agent trench (for the baby) and maybe some field trip cargos.

I might pass some of the liesl and co patterns by the eldest girl for approval so that I can do some sewing for her – or better still she could have a go!

LINK

I just finished my first Jelly Roll Race quilt top! 3 hours start to finish, including cutting 40 2.5″ fabric strips and the pressing at the end šŸ™‚
    Back to work tomorrow, I probably won’t get nearly as much sewing done during the week šŸ™

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have decided to try a hide and seek tunic from the liberty pepper. So I have cut one out, sort of, and intend on sewing it up by the end of the week.

LINK
    EllenMCM @EllenMCM

Justsewit, I think the Hide and Seek will look awesome with the liberty fabric. Also, I love that pattern. It’s my dd’s favorite violin recital gear.

Heidi, congratulations on your quilt top!

Viewing 15 posts - 5,356 through 5,370 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.