Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,371 through 5,385 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

It’s sort of to take over from the ill fated music class shirt – which will be looked at and hopefully correctly completed soon. I made a pair of pink playtime leggings and the liberty pepler will go with it so there is another outfit sorted.

I don’t feel like sewing corduroy at the moment. The weather is just too hot! Everywhere else in Australia is having winter but here, it has been 29 degrees c! That is what we have in early Spring! Still, I should do something about trousers, just in case we get wet cold weather in August!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’m attacking my WIP box! Most other it is at least 2 year old. So far I have finished a pram liner for over 2 years ago. Now what next?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Good on you Heidi. I donated a tub of cut out WIP’s last year. Very cathartic. I am like an ex-smoker now. I cut-I sew. I am terrified of going back to that!

Tonight I finished Zara’s Lisette Moto jacket (B6169). We went with the size 6 with an inch off the waist. Zara chose the leftovers from Hugo’s jacket, charcoal wool and we splurged on some expensive-but-lovely black Duchess satin for the lining.
    She is very happy and alternating between hugging me and hugging the jacket.

Next up, a semi-vintage McCalls shirt pattern (one I made myself when the Twin’s were babies) 2353, in a powder blue large gingham. MoP buttons, of course.

LINK

Thanks Nicole 🙂 I got quite a few things finished today. The pram liner, a pullover from before I found Oliver and S, a purple panne velvet cape and I turned a small piece of Christmas patchwork and an off cut of towel into a trivet/hot pad!

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

Nicole, tell her I neeeeed modeled pics so I can live vicariously through her adorable self. I am excited to see this one, if you can’t tell.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I will pin her down Britters, I don’t think I have ever so anyone something and received such an ecstatic result.
    It is so nice.

Heidi, it’s a pity you are not closer, my mending pile is huge! 😉

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Its been a week of wanting to get to sew but not getting to sew for me! Lots of distractions including the baby not sleeping too well during the day. Thankfully, I have been rewarded with the chance this morning and am now up to binding the legs of the sleep over pj’s I managed to cut out this morning. They have only been sitting there on the table pinned ready to cut since Tuesday evening!

I have fingers and toes crossed for another sewing adventure this afternoon!

LINK

I’ve a few things in my mending pile, boys are so hard on their knees! I have one pair of synthetic trackies with holes where he’s managed to melt the fabric! It must have been some impressive slides on the floor 🙂
    Nicole, I don’t mind mending if I’ve got good company to talk to while I do it 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I think I need to send the mending your way Heidi. I just hate mending! Probably because the things needing to be mended are work shirts with huge rips in them and generally are tossed in the rag bag.

I am happily plugging away at a nearly completed Kimono top to accompany the bottoms. Hopefully, the lamb will sleep long enough for me to finish it.

I didn’t quilt the sleeve as I wanted to get to know the pattern first but I intend on doing more that include the quilted sleeve – just so when it does get below 18 degrees in her bedroom I don’t have to change her into something warmer to wear under her sleeping bag.

LINK

I’m having a laugh at the “below 18”, I don’t think we had one day this week where the maximum was 15 let alone 18 🙂 (temperature conversion for USA 18C=64.4F 15C=59F)
    I’ve been working on the WIP box again today. I finished one pair of PJ pants, 3 shirred dolls skirts and one dress up cape. I also discovered the second box is at least half full of scraps. So they don’t need finishing, I just need to make a new pouffe and start filling it up 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh yes we are laughing here too! Only to keep from crying instead. Its just too warm for winter and just so ridiculous how I have to put the air conditioner on to get the temp to ideal.

I finished the pyjamas and she’s wearing them now. But they are a little big and I made the arms very long! They are cute though.

I hope to continue on with the hide and seek tunic tomorrow.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

So far we have had a cool summer here. I have three things to finish sewing for work for summer then onto some fun O+S clothes for my baby boy! I decided to sew one garment from each pattern so he has a good selection. He will be three at the one of this month, so hard to believe! After I finish up things for him it is onto school sewing for little girl. She will be starting school this fall for the first time. *sniff, sniff* Where has the time gone!

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I finally got some time to sew on Friday night, so I made up two pairs of Playtime leggings (I think this brings my total to 15 or 16), a quick knit maxi skirt for my 4-year-old and some linen pacifier leashes for the baby. It felt so good to sew!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I was planning to sew everyday this week but unfortunately my week has been planned out for me and I am less than impressed! It means I probably won’t get to sit at the machine for a decent length of time until Wednesday!

I didn’t get to sew today and it has suddenly turned cold!
    I did however discover some patterns that would be handy from Jalie that I hadn’t noticed before. One is a shirt in the same style as the sketchbook that would fit Noah and Murray and the second is a pair of trousers similar to the field trip but without the knees. They are both pdf which will cut down on waiting time so I may get the chance to make them each something for their birthdays which are both coming up.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am so glad you got to sew Masha. We are all thinking of you here.

I finished Zara’s shirt and it looks lovely on her. I fiddled around with the fit, taking it in at the high waist, letting it out over her bottom and taking some fullness from the sleeve.

Next up, a grey linen skort, Simplicity 1370.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,371 through 5,385 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.