Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,876 through 4,890 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@vothgirl, my knit version was a bit voluminous too, but it is awesome as a smart casual evening top.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Aaaand…. we’re back! I actually uploaded some photos to the flickr group after quite a drought! Nothing fancy just some half made things and some things that I made months ago. But it is good to catch up and stop lagging behind for once.

I am going to upload the things I completed yesterday next so stay tuned.

Today though, I am waiting for the hurry up to help shift machinery and then I want to sew neckbindings on the little angel tops that are still waiting to be completed. This will be for a just in case we actually get to tennis this afternoon and I will need something to stitch with feet up – provided it is not raining! With thunderstorms forecast one never knows!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

So very pleased you have finally uploaded some of your latest sewing Tamara – off to look…..

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Justine J. Reason: Spelling
    LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Was feeling a bit off today so I sat the kids in front of the TV and retreated to the basement. Finished the boy’s sleepsack (just in time, it got cold again tonight) and sewed him a new pair of LTTS mittens out of the remaining fleece. My sewjo may be coming back!

(BTW, my autocorrect tried to change “sewjo” to “sewage.”)

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Hilarious what autocorrect “thinks” the word should be! That’s funny.
    So glad to hear you are regaining you sewjo.

I didn’t get a stitch of sewing done yesterday but today I will be in the sewing room to sew those bodysuits that I wanted to work on yesterday and if I am quick will get on with the puppet show tunic also.

This will clear the tray and I can spend the rest of thecweek working on the school days jacket, while building a pile of handstitching things for feet up time in the afternoon.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Tamara.
    LINK
    katybellabug @katybellabug

Ha! Just turned my Firefly Jacket the right way out and had to do a happy dance for how those sleeves work. Very impressed!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@katybellabug, I told you so!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Well it will be an interesting day of sewing for me today. We had a huge storm last night and it took our power so the generator has been going all night will be likely on all day aswell. We will test its limits with the iron and aircon aswell as machines to see how much it can stand.

I didn’t sew yesterday, instead I was sick on returning from dropping the kids to school so stayed in bed! Feeling much better though so will do something today but still take it easy.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Ok, I have finished the three bodysuits – well I have to hand stitch two necklines but they are pretty much done.

Next on the list is to cut out two pairs of Layette pants, a jacket and two more bubble dresses.

That along with the School days jacket should keep me occupied for about a week I should think.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Great work Tamara!
    I haven’t sewn as I’ve been sick this week šŸ™ However I did get to go Op shopping today and came back with some nice pieces of fabric to use for Christmas gifts I’m making:)

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I hope you feel much better soon Heidi. I was not in a good way on Wednesday and spent the day lying down – the world was spinning way too fast amongst other things.

I spent the morning and part of after lunch cutting things out. I have two pairs of Layette pants and three layette shirts ready to go in the pile. I want to break out the bubble pattern next and cut two bubble dresses and then its feet up time to stitch the neckbands of the two remaining bodysuits down. I was hoping to be super fast and do some shirts aswell but time moves faster than I can at the moment so there is always next time.

I am running out of size tags so have ordered more just so they can be attached at some date to the items that don’t currently have them. Packs of 20 are handy to a certain extent but I have just realised I have more than twenty pieces in the works or completed. Any left over size tags I can hang on to for gifts or something.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I just finished raw appliqueing on a cheap-o white T shirt. I did a snow flake pattern using some left over blue scraps. I wanted a “winter” shirt as opposed to a “Christmas” T, because then you only get a month out of that t shirt. I find my self using a “boys” t shirt instead of a girls. Boys shirts are cut with a longer torso, and my daughter needs the extra to cover that belly.

Next up are some of clutches for gifts. I am hoping they go quickly, so I can make a bunch. Just need to buy a handful of zippers. I was going to buy the paper pattern on sale, but the shipping was outrageous (not complaining/blaming- sometimes one item is more expensive than a larger order- almost $6 shipping on a $4.50 item–). But because of the shipping the PDF was cheaper. The good news is that means Liesl gets more of my dollar than she would have by the paper pattern. (I hope– I mean if it works out to the same price, then I want Liesl to make the most of it!).

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I see your point on all things there cybele. There is no point in having Christmas shirts here because it is too jolly hot half the time to wear anything other than bathers and go under the sprinkler. The winter theme sounds much better as then it can last for three months not three days!

I am away from the sewing machine at the moment but when I do get home I will most likely need to put the feet up. I really want to get cracking on the small pile of cut out things. I might try the layette pants this afternoon inbetween sewing neck bindings.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Thanks for the good wishes Tamara, I’m pretty much back to normal now.
    I bought, stuck, traced, cut and sewed a muslin of the Colette Iris shorts. However I’m now extremely frustrated because of the major fit issues! I was hoping that The Colette draft might work quite well in the shorts as the Mabel Skirt fits beautifully. But it looks like a lot of work to get shorts, any shorts šŸ™

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Just got home… Sorry the shorts aren’t behaving Heidi. I haven’t tried the colette patterns yet even though I have some – not the shorts though so sorry I am not of use there.

I’m thrilled! I popped into the new/ replacement craft shop in Geraldton and discovered they sell Rasant thread! That means I don’t have to get them from Perth! And they get someone up to service machines – again a good thing to not have to wait for a Perth trip (even though the guy who does service them knows Janome and is very good). She also does a quilting service which means I can free up some space and finally get the quilts I have ready to quilt, quilted on the long arm (subject of course to how much she will charge which is what I should have asked but didn’t). I went looking for aqua solid cotton fabric to match with the little pair of check linen pants I have ready to sew up but I couldn’t find a colour remotely similar by eye anyway. So I will just have to use that as an excuse to go back next week with pants in hand to find a compatible colour. And if I can’t then there is always indulging in the soecial from Farmhouse fabrics. But then I should maybe look there first… Or I will miss the sale!

Viewing 15 posts - 4,876 through 4,890 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.