Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Mandy1977 @Mandy1977

I completely understand! I have no problem sewing away on my Spring/Summer list all the while knowing that I also NEED to sew our daughter’s Easter dress (the Bubble Dress). Last year I was sewing buttons on 20 minutes before we needed to leave for Mass!

LINK
    homefire @homefire

I so did that last year too! My mom came for a visit and payed for professional pics of the kiddos. SHE was sewing on buttons and trimming threads on the way to the photographers while I drove!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am working on Winter Wardrobes now,the children really do have enough summer things. I may sneak in an Ice Cream dress for the girls as they layer quite well.

I have been sewing Nature Walk and Hopscotch tops up to hemming stage so that I can set my overlocker to cover stitch AND THEN LEAVE IT AS ONE!

My darling husband has bought me a second hand industrial overlocker and from experience you have to use it a bit to get used to it,so ,if I change over my original machine I will have to use the industrial one and will not be tempted to slip back and use my old one as the new one will be scary.

LINK
    Mandy1977 @Mandy1977

Sounds wonderful Nicole! It must be equally weird for you to hear us all speaking of Spring/Summer wardrobes when you’re thinking of Fall/Winter sewing! I think it’s great though that sewing brings so many people together from all over the world! I’m willing warmer weather to be here while I’m sure you’re wishing for cooler temps! 🙂

LINK
    thejennigirl @thejennigirl

Alright, I’m about to attempt a week long mass sewing exodus (you know, when I’m not being the only parent, cooking, cleaning, job hunting, college applying, room & ceiling painting, or sleeping):

-1 size 5 Jump Rope dress, view A in orange linen

-4 2t Tea Party playsuits in cottons, linen, cordoroy & duck cloth

-1 size 5 Tea Party sundress

-1 doll size Tea Party sundress

-1 size 5 Sailboat skirt in duck cloth

-1 (maybe 2 if I can squeeze it out of the fabric on hand) size 8 Sketchbook shirt(s) in cotton (and vintage voile)

-1 size 5 pair of Puppet Show bloomer shorts w/ a flat front in bottom fabric

-1 2t wrap pajama set

-2 2t Sugar City Village Frock dresses in mystery blend fabric (baby gifts)

-1 size 4/5 slip out of vintage embroidered cotton lawn

-1 messenger bag (for a certain almost 9 year old boy)

-12 cloth napkins out of cotton

And, if I can get it cut out, I want to make a size 5 Play Date dress using a vintage cotton table cloth that is covered in gorgeous hand applique work.

Then, there’s the mending:

-1 black bag needs the bias binding reattatched

-2 pairs of boys size 10 jeans are sporting suspicious holes near the knees

And finally, I have some alterations to do:

-4 pairs of jeans with worn out knees are to become shorts

I’m feeling the lack of creative activity for the past month. In case you couldn’t tell.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Jen, that is an impressive list! Can’t wait to see it all!

Finally finished up a gift for a friend and an outfit for my daughter, then was able to cut out pieces for a ruffle halter and ice cream top. Have no idea when I’ll get around to them, but they are ready and waiting when I can sneak in a minute or two of sewing!

LINK
    homefire @homefire

Looks like everyone is staying busy! As I type I’m watching out the window for the UPS man to come with the Sandbox pattern and a box full of fabric for my little man. I’ve not done a lot of sewing for him in the past but decided to jump in this year. I also have 2 1/2 bathing suits to finish up, buttons to purchase for some Jumprope Dresses, and Easter outfits to work on. After patting myself on the back for getting the girls’s dresses cut out so early I haven’t touched them since! Did I mention the Music Class pattern is also coming?

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

I really am in awe of this groups production skills! I’d never finish some of these lists!!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Its fun to plan,even if you don’t finish …..

I have done a little sewing for me,but I must get back to some Hopscotch tops for the Twins. I don’t really like the fabric choices so it is hard to get motivated!

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

I have a Swingset skirt to coordinate with BK’s blue Lisette blouse cut out and also a Hopscotch top cut out. Sewing is on hold for a few days as I have a twice yearly consignment sale that I participate in this week. I still have some tagging to do of my own items and then I’ll be putting in some volunteer hours so no sewing ’til that’s done!

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I have two Jump Rope dresses cut out and one of them had the placket finished. I’m making one for each girl and I try to make them parallel so they can get finished at the same time.

Then I cut out two Nature Walk pants (again one for each girl) but I need to take out my serger from storage so I can sew them up.

All the light we’ve had lately makes it easier to stay focused.

LINK
    Mandy1977 @Mandy1977

I completely agree! I LOVE the switch in Daylight Savings Time this time of year! It makes it feel like Spring is actually around the corner instead of just willing it to be. 🙂

I finished 3 pairs of Puppet Show Shorts and have a 2+2 Blouse to the sleeve and shirt tail hemming stage. Next up is a Bubble Dress for the baby to wear to my sister in law’s 50th birthday party next weekend.

Sadly, I’m really afraid my machine is very sick. It’s doing this thing where it starts pulling TONS of bobbin thread up and nesting and locking up. From what I can tell, I think the bobbin case may be scratched. I should take it in for repair but everyday keep trying to find solutions on the internet so that I don’t have to part with it and miss a day of sewing. Hohum…

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hi Mandy,have you tried adjusting your bobbin tension? Or flicking the bobbin case holders open (the black things) and cleaning any fluff from behind it?

Good luck

xn

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

Mandy, my machine did that to me the other night and I almost started to cry – until I removed the stitch guide and the bobbin case and saw what a nest of fluff was in there.

I use “canned air” to blow it all out and now it runs like clockwork.

Good luck!

Also: We’re not in DST yet, two more weeks. But the days have become significantly longer (sunset closer to 6 pm – yay!) and we’ve had ok weather with little or no clouds giving us more light even in the evening.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

A hair dryer on low and cool works well too!

Plodding away at the Hopscotch tops for the Twins …… Thank goodness I still have two girly girls to sew for!

I cut out another Lisette Portfolio tunic,again in denim,I don’t really need to make a toile/muslin for the tunic,I just really want a denim tunic as I love my dress so much.

Hopefully I can get the Portfolio dress cut out in Linen tonight,I would love to wear it this weekend!

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.